FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Fans player of the year

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I saw a post on the Inverness CT Loyal fans facebook page asking who fans on that page thought was their player of the season for Caley this season, so, seeing as this is a fans forum, i thought i would ask the same question here to see what you guys think  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf: .

I said that everyone in the team would be a contender but went for Billy McKay as its his goals that have us where we are but then again, the back 4, Jones and Draper in holding roles, the midfield and even Goalies have been solid so it was a tough one to pick imo.

This could turn into an interesting thread  :wink:.

Its about time i started a decent thread eh  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:?

Gary Warren for me. Whilst the defence has conceded a lot of goals I have been impressed with Warren who has looked solid for pretty much all the games I have seen him play and also weighed in with some goals as well. Who can forget his incredible header against Dundee United that put us 4 - 3 up after being 3 - 0 down. What a guy!

• Agree 1

For me, its Shinniesta - his level of vision, touch and general play is ahead of anyone else in the team and has developed significantly over his time at ICT. He hasn't scored as many as Billy, but he is involved in everything positive going forwards our team does and never neglects his duty to track back - clearly a team player and gives his all for the cause.

Other notable mentions are Foran, McKay and Jones.

The league table never lies, and as at the end of January the CTO POY points were:

Andrew Shinnie  38

Billy McKay 34

Richie Foran 31

Owain Tudur Jones 25

Ross Draper 21

Gary Warren 20

Aaron Doran  20

David Raven 19

Josh Meekings 16

Antonio Reguero 12

Ryan Esson 11

Graeme Shinnie  7

Andre Blackman  5

Conor Pepper 3

Philip Roberts 3

Very hard to choose when we have so many good performers, but I wouldn't disagree with the table other than to maybe move G Shinnie up a few places and Doran down a bit. And remove Blackman altogether.

Perhaps this is one where you should really only comment if you have been to more than half the games - which I haven't.  But here's my thoughts on 3 players in any case.

Gary Warren has been a fantastic find.  Very solid and chipping in with a few goals as well - must be near the top of everyone's lists.

Andy Shinnie.  Perhaps he plays better in the games I don't go to.  He's never particularly impressed me.  Certainly he's been solid enough and works hard enough to justify a regular slot in the side, but the creativity I've seen has come more from Doran and Draper.  He's missed a good few chances when he really should have done better.  He's the side's stand out player for many and whilst I respect that view, I just don't see it.  Pass marks but no more from me.

Billy MacKay.  Has to be player of the season for me so far.  Its goals that wins games and goals that the fans come to see.  His tally for the season so far would be excellent for the whole season and that must be a major reason why we are where we are in the league.  He also works really hard for the team and creates chances for others (remember the chance he set up for Sutherland in the semi final at Easter Road? :lol: )  For some reason his confidence seems shot at the moment - getting it back and having Billy scoring when he wants is the key to our fate for the rest of the season IMHO.  A word of advice, Billy.  When the ball comes to you in the 6 yard box, don't put your foot on it and do an option appraisal, just f***ing hit it.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Warren for me. Whilst the defence has conceded a lot of goals I have been impressed with Warren who has looked solid for pretty much all the games I have seen him play and also weighed in with some goals as well. Who can forget his incredible header against Dundee United that put us 4 - 3 up after being 3 - 0 down. What a guy!

#Hero

• Agree 1

Not sure if it's possible to get a CTO POY current state of play...but, my tuppence worth:

1. Doranaldo

2. McKakay

3. Shinniesta

We do it every month with the Player of the Month article that we post. In the article we list who was chosen for the month and update the yearly table at the same time .....

You can see the last 3 months articles from front page of site: http://caleythistleonline.com/page/cto.html. or just do a search on front page for player of the year/month

The January award will be announced this coming week I think and Feb will only be a week or two away ....... but each article does go through all the voting in the polls for the last month's games and then an overall glance at the total for the year. Hislopsoffsideagain tallies all this up for us each month and we have been handing out these awards, based on actual user votes after each game for the last 13 years .....