FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

North Stand New Name

This thread has got me thinking... I wonder if we, the CTO users, could make enough money to re-name the stand in a wee crowdfunding venture. I haven't a clue how many users we have but I was looking at the cost of advertising boardings around the ground and the most expensive of these is £2500 + VAT (£3000). Now I understand the club would no doubt be looking for quite a bit more to own the naming rights to the stand but I was thinking if enough of us could club together and pay a little bit each to have the stand renamed to either something (sensible) voted for by a poll on here or we could extend this to include the Caley Jags Together and have the 'Caley Jags Together Stand' it would give the club a wee bit more cash and I know quite a few fans are often looking for ways to support the club financially.

By looking at the facebook page likes (the only reference I have to user numbers) CTO has 487 and CJT has 339. So say we could get 300 people interested enough to pay £30 a season to support the club thats £9000 a year which the club isn't currently getting. £9000 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things granted but it would be a nice gesture by both the fans and the club in allowing us to have the name.

Perhaps the real commercial value in this comes from the press releases and marketing that can be put out about it advertising the fact the club is willing to re-name stands and in the future create more value from sponsorship rights.

Just a thought...

• Agree 1

The name of a stand doesnt normally generate interest from business nor income. If it did then it would have been done. The name of a stadium is a different matter.

Just because it isn't the norm does not mean there isn't commercial value to be gained from utilising this strategy. However, if the club believe there is no value to be made from a commercial/business deal then that makes it even more sensible for the fans to offer to pay to have the stand's naming rights.

Edited by ubern

Always had a problem with the family Enclosure being named after Kevin Bissett. I no the guy has went through hell, but in health he never represented the club

and to my knowladge had no part in our history.Very harsh i no but true.It was a great gesture by the club but if we are to do it again fans should have a vote.

• Agree 1

Always had a problem with the family Enclosure being named after Kevin Bissett. I no the guy has went through hell, but in health he never represented the club

and to my knowladge had no part in our history.Very harsh i no but true.It was a great gesture by the club but if we are to do it again fans should have a vote.

Kevin is a top guy and it was so cruel for him to be struck in such a way. Kevin was employed by Tulloch and I am sure Sutherland used his "democratic"  influence at the time and his boardroom pals would not have shown any resistance  

• 2 weeks later...

The Dingwall End  :tongueincheek:

End of Dingwall?  Dingwall's end?

How about "Temporary North Stand" don't think there's any point bigging it up into something it's not

Dougal

And on a related note, hey Dougal, just for you mucker - the I-wish-I-was-in-Dingwall End.  Oh, you already are . . .

How about "Temporary North Stand" don't think there's any point bigging it up into something it's not

Dougal

Better the 'Dougal' stand - plenty of space most of the time, with the odd seagull floating about.

Re post 28

I cant see any fans having a whip round to name a stand,  In the past  I have mentioned  clubbing together and buying a LARGE flag, only 2 people were prepared to put in a tenner 'one was myself'  and I would have donated it to the likes of the supporters bus which could have been used for years, home and away,  I thought if plenty contributed then its the fans flag, based on that I cant see the fans having a whip round to name a stand,  however I can see 'Caley Jags Together'  appearing there in a few years.  By donating their funds to the club.

• 2 weeks later...

What about referencing one of the "forgotten teams" incorporated in some way into ICT, Inverness Union?  The "Union End" or even just "The Union" for example?

The Inverness Union could also be a good name for a supporters/ultras group I reckon, as it honours a club somewhere in the midsts of the DNA of ICT while also a double meaning could be made from the merger of Caley and Thistle.

Edited by Renegade

Putting in a shout for The Kessock Stand.

Down in Totton, there's a local pub called The Bell. We were hoping they'd be interested in stand naming sponsorship so we could have a Bell End.

• Agree 1