FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Govan Jaggie

I expected him to get a more severe punishment for being found guilty. As he's the first player in Scotland to be charged for this, I really expected the authorities to 'make an example' of him.

If a short ban is the precedent for being caught, charged then found to be in breach of the rules, I don't see it as enough of a deterrent. The fixed-odds coupons will be getting dusted down for the weekends games! :wink:

Whilst I don't personally agree with players being banned from betting on all football I do agree that there should be a blanket ban on betting on games within your league. The betting for or against your team should carry a severe punishment IMO. He was given a inappropriate punishment given the fact he was betting against his own team(s). Sets a pretty dangerous precedent if this happens in the future. What punishment would be dished out for an offender being getting caught betting on one game he was involved in? £10 fine and 45minute ban?

Edited by Libero