FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Mediocre XI

Renegade

We've done best and worst elevens to death, but what about a team of players, who were just alright.  Not terrible, not amazing, just ok.

For me, in a really bland 4-4-2 -

Tuffey

Piermayr McCaffrey Hogg Gillet

Z.Sutherland Jones Cox McBain

S.Sutherland Bayne

Ok, maybe a couple of harsh ones there in McBain and McCaffrey, but while they were decent players and good servants over the years, they were never both amazing, though not terrible, just alright.

Fire away folks!

Edited by Renegade

Tad harsh on Coxy. Thought he was a good player up until he got injured. Bayne didnt score many goals but his workrate was second to none, i would have him nowhere a mediocre team. 

for me...

Tuffey

McCann, Williams, Hogg, Hastings

Tansey, Kerr, Duff, Morgan

Niculae, Alex MacDonald

Edited by AJS

Tad harsh on Coxy. Thought he was a good player up until he got injured. Bayne didnt score many goals but his workrate was second to none, i would have him nowhere a mediocre team. 

for me...

Tuffey

Niculae, Alex MacDonald

How can you put Tansey here he was really good just the fact he didn't stay long 

Certainly not have Caff in there, him and Mann were superb in us winning the 1st Division.

Fridge

McCann J. Duff Innes Gillet

Mackie Fox Tansey Morgan

S. Sutherland McSwegan

Quite difficult that, hard to distinguish between mediocre and rotten with a few of them, Robert Eagle was a contender but he escapes on the basis he scored a winner against County, a fluke but a winner nonetheless.

Tansey was so good i don't understand this

Not sure what Tansey you were watching but at times his passing was terrible, a couple of long range goals does not make a player decent.

• Agree 1

Tansey was so good i don't understand this

Not sure what Tansey you were watching but at times his passing was terrible, a couple of long range goals does not make a player decent.

do you think OTJ was a good player cause i would put him in this team 

Yes I do, sat in front of the back four protecting them and then sprayed the ball about with ease at times.

How could I forget Niculae?!  On a massive wage, but bar a short spell in the winter, was never really that great.  How he got called up the Euros I'll never know!

Cox was good in the First Division, but had a terrible time with injuries and finding his form when we got back to SPL, before leaving for Swindon.  He wasn't a bad player though.

The reason Tansey isn't in it is because it's a mediocre XI and not a worst XI.  He was utter rubbish.

There was a couple I considered but didn't put in due to them not being here very long.  Alex MacDonald for one (apart from that time he scored with his first touch), while Jamie Duff was quite young at the time, despite a few good performances.

Forgot Dani Sanchez as well!

Edited by Renegade

How could I forget Niculae?!  On a massive wage, but bar a short spell in the winter, was never really that great.  How he got called up the Euros I'll never know! Cox was good in the First Division, but had a terrible time with injuries and finding his form when we got back to SPL, before leaving for Swindon.  He wasn't a bad player though. The reason Tansey isn't in it is because it's a mediocre XI and not a worst XI.  He was utter rubbish.

There are a lot of Fijian footballers who are far more technically gifted than Niculae ;-)

I would rate McSwegan lower than mediocre

Like I said trying to diffierentiate between mediocre and rubbish was hard. Was a struggle to leave out players like Stratford and Fetai I tell you.

• Agree 1

for me...

Tuffey

Niculae, Alex MacDonald

How can you put Tansey here he was really good just the fact he didn't stay long 

He never stood out in games, his audacious passes never paid off, he never scored enough (which he thought he would) and he left at the drop of a hat and surprise surprise has become a hit down south..for me his heart was never in it up here but he wasnt a bad player, just didnt give a rats  :moon: .

IIRC Tansey's goal tally when he was here was three or four.  One of which was a free kick and the other (possibly two) was a penalty.  From what I remember from when he was first linked with us, he was billed a great playmaker, who could open up the game and whack a shot from outside the area.  Out of the thirty odd games he played for us, I can't really remember him doing anything of note at all, which kinda sums up his invisible performances over that season.

Good on Football Manager, rubbish when he was here!

Malkowski

Proctor                   Duff                   Innes             Hastings

Sutherland              Kerr                    Hart              Morgan

MacAllister       MacDonald