FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Sad to see the big man leaving, he has built the team up on a shoestring budget and the word grudging no longer seems to appear before respect when Ictfc are talked about in football media circles. Aberdeen wage bill was 5.2m last season compared to ours which is more than 5 x lower and this stat highlights his and the team's achievements. At 56 this is his last chance to be at a truly big Scottish club and succeed or fail he deserves our blessing.

Good luck tel boy and mo and Steve if they join you, I for one have had a great couple of years with the 4-4 comeback against Dundee united and beating county again and again and again and again being my highlights. The man stand actually singing as one against county was pretty special too, if a bit unsettling. I will always welcome them back in the Highlands gladly and hope he is successful(ish) at Hibs and finishes one place below us in the league each season.

From what I seem to have read in the press, there has been an approach made and presumably TB as an individual asked his employer could he have a chat with the interested party. Obviously if he decides to move to Hibs I will be greatly disappointed, however how is this different to anyone outside football being approached about a new role elsewhere and potentially more money - only difference is most of us dont have to ask our boss or have it played through the media.

• Agree 1

What a great positive this could become if he comes back from Edinburgh tomorrow and responds in the same way as he did to Barnsley by staying with us and then signs a new 2 year deal how good will that be!!

Football dreams are made of this

• Agree 1

Well, Donview me old mucker. You are as old as you feel and you feel old to me. Something has to give tomorrow. We have all been here before and will be here again. Crossing everything for the status quo but que sera sera

Hope the boys respond on saturday and give the Hibees a good caning

" The directors of the Highland club are far from happy at the way in which they perceive this business to have been conducted, however, and they are believed to be prepared to dig their heels in when it comes to calculating compensation for the loss of the 54-year-old’s services. "

Is this just another erroneous news item?  Or not?

Fact is that if he has an Agent then he could  have been approached by his agent with information from a Hibernian "source" by phone from Edinburgh to Loch Ness? Thus, if he said he had never spoken to Hibs' Board then it would be true after all but in no way would that statement hinder his personal progress.

This opportunity could be a disaster waiting to happen for him. I doubt if anything can be so arranged to make Hibs a big winner this season. But next... who knows? If he falls off the cliff then the fall will be hard. If he stays here at Inverness and leads the team to great success this season then he may well leave with his head held high and get a terrific contract with a much bigger club in which case  the very best to him. To old Pimple this seems to be a no-brainer--just stay until the end of the season.

However, maybe he feels that if anything were to happen to one or both of his assistants then maybe the wheels might fall off ICT's bandwagon--after all, there's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip...

The problem may be that for him a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and Hibs have been a big club so maybe the stars are in his eyes about what he is capable of achieving  in the future. Methinks that the presence of Maurice and Steve are essential to Terry's success and if either refuses to move then his future could be clouded if he does.

If he has been above- board with ICT then all we can do is wish him well.    If not--then, I hope we thrash the HIBEES good and proper. 

• Agree 1

Someone's reporting on the Hibs site now (I know I know!), that Butcher will take over as manager on Thursday on a three year deal, and will take Steve Marsella with him, though apparently an 'issue' has arisen with Malpas, though he is expected to join them as well.

Edited by Renegade

Anyone who says Hibs isn't a step up from ICT is kidding themselves. It may not be a massive step up but is a step up.

To be honest, this is like going through a long and agonising break up with a girl who says "I need some time alone to think" and you're left waiting for her decision thinking it'll be fine she'll come back to you but then she calls you up to say she wants to end things. Then, the next day, you see her with a total walloper, probably called Bastian or another wanky sounding name like that, looking happier than she ever did with you. Crushed, you arrange to meet up with some fat mess you sha**ed on a drunken night out once ages ago in a futile attempt to forget about her but you realise you can't forget the good times you had together.

Don't go Terry sad.png

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 9

I don't see any benefit for Butcher to stay until the end of the season. The Hibs job may not be available then. Sadly, he has a chance to go somewhere now and I doubt he will say no and then wait and see what happens.