FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen V Inverness C.T.

Ayeseetee

Just checking back on highlights, and I think I see the selection change made for this match that has changed our fortunes. Dean Brill's choice of jersey, it is something I commented on to my brother and daughter at the last few games. Including and since the win over St Johnstone the game before Yogi took over, Deano wore the grey top against St J, St Mirren, Partick, a win and 2 draws, all clean sheets. In the other games he wore the yellow jersey, and we either lost or Deano had a nightmare game and no clean sheets. Grey top yesterday, win and clean sheet.

I say, Deano, bin the yellow jersey.

• Agree 3

Note that there are still a few sitting on the fence regarding Yogi. Let just call them the Humpty Dumpties. :smile: Butcher would NEVER have adapted the team and the system in the manner that Hughes has. I strongly suspect that he will adhere to some of the players. Tansey will have benefitted from his spell at Stevenage and may be the "buy" of the season. Williams has the skill and the touch. He just needs a run in the team and Doran may be the fall guy.

I reckon Doran would benefit from a rest v Kilmarnock to keep him energised for the cup games the following weeks. Tansey looked very good in the ACM role when he came on, perhaps have Nick Ross move to RM... or Marley Watkins to come back in after the longest dead leg injury in history.

Just watched the whole highlights and there were some really good performances, hats off to the team and management they made me proud!

Marley has had a knee knock/twist, not a dead leg, as said in another post some selection headaches for Yogi and Russell coming up, but that's a good thing.

Yogi has actually brought considerable freshness to the squad through the introduction of a range of players and to see Evans get a few minutes also deserves mention. Evans looked far more professional than Toby so here's hoping he gets more game time too and who knows, could help spread goal scoring around a bit.

A lesson for all football supporters - never get too cocky. Aberdeen's bubble was growing and I think they thought they had an easy three points against a 'weakened' ICT team. Yogi said 'bring it on' and the team found their early season principles of putting themselves in the firing line in defence whilst at the other end Aberdeen's back four was amazingly shaky. Aberdeen's supporters shouted 'stand up for the champions' with the ICT supporters thinking who do they mean? Are they now honoring Celtic?

Big and difficult period coming up for ICT but special thanks to Ross County for their assistance yesterday.

• Agree 2

Just checking back on highlights, and I think I see the selection change made for this match that has changed our fortunes. Dean Brill's choice of jersey, it is something I commented on to my brother and daughter at the last few games. Including and since the win over St Johnstone the game before Yogi took over, Deano wore the grey top against St J, St Mirren, Partick, a win and 2 draws, all clean sheets. In the other games he wore the yellow jersey, and we either lost or Deano had a nightmare game and no clean sheets. Grey top yesterday, win and clean sheet.

I say, Deano, bin the yellow jersey.

I love the yellow top !

A day on since this superb result and It still feels great to put one over our "high flying" northern neighbours. It was a great team performance with star performances from Wlliams, Shinnie and the defence, in particular.

Now that we have the addition of Tansey and Vincent on the comeback, we have a squad that is capable of competing strongly for the rest of the season.

• Agree 1

Great performance and result and to be honest not one I really expected.

Very encouraged by Yogis willingness to use local youngsters, they should be the lifeblood of a club like ICT.

I hope that we can hold onto Mckay in the window as I think we can have a great second half to the season but his goals are crucial.

Kind of quite happy that Billy didn't score and Stevie May got 3 - puts the focus more on him potentially for any teams sniffing about.  Maybe!

I had a feeling this game would finish 1-0.  Although not to us!

:cheer01:  :ictscarf:  :cheer01:

Good point. I wonder whether he is a bit unsettled by all the speculation. Normally, he would have put away at least one of those chances he got on Saturday. The sooner the window closes the better.

Getting Stevie May for ICT  has been on my mind of late. This player knows how to work hard and is determined to score. Great foil to Billy.....

Of course he MAY not be available. On the other hand MAYbe he will be interested in coming to ICT --I mean, who wouldn't be? :smile:

Going by the highlights I thought Nick Ross did quite well. Including a brilliant driving run through the middle.

Seems Aberdeen only had 1 or 2 half chances and we could, and perhaps should, have won by a few.

I'll happily take the 3 points though.