FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stillie

davieB

Got to say, after he gave that ballboy a mouthful of abuse, I was impressed with his actions afterwards. I noticed the next time the ball went out, Stillie gave him the thumbs up and said thanks, and at the end of the game he went straight over to him and gave the wee lad his goalie gloves and had a few words with him.

Just thought he deserved a  :022:

Yes I was that ball boy .He was giving me a hard time and thanks for the verbal support from the north stand especially caley 100 however he did apologise and I am now the owner of a superb pair of his goalie gloves EBay here they come (only joking)

My impression was the young ball boy was doing a grand job of time wasting for us.  :001:  In fairness to the youngster he would have had to move pretty fast to get the ball ahead of Stillie, who was out of order for his mouthful at the boy.  Full marks to Stillie though for his actions at the end of the game.

Yep, Stillie certainly deserves credit for his actions but in my view he had every right to get angry earlier as the ballboys made absolutely no movement to get the ball.  :018:

Guest Arab4Ever

I didnt see the incident but if the ball boy was taking his time I dont blame Stillie. I remember a month or so ago at Tannadice we were chasing an equiliser with 5 or 10 minutes to go and the ball went out of play for a Hearts goal kick. The ball boy just left it near the corner flag and gestured for Steve Banks (Hearts GK) to come and get it. Now I am assuming these boys are home supporters yet this one just left it for some reason. Everybody in the ground was screaming at him :006:

Surelly instead of having injury time the ref (or 4th Official, although that would only work in the SPL) should just have a watch that he starts and stops when the ball goes in and out of play? That way there is 45 minutes played and it doesnt make a difference if the ballboys are lazing around or the goalkeepers talking their time with goal kicks. Mind you I guess the ref has enough on his plate without this...

Aye I noticed it too, fair play to Stillie for making it up to the lad. Caley100? How the feck did you pick that up?  :015: :015: :015:

I have a reputation 'y know  :015:    and my voice carries a wee bit... :023:

I didnt see the incident but if the ball boy was taking his time I dont blame Stillie. I remember a month or so ago at Tannadice we were chasing an equiliser with 5 or 10 minutes to go and the ball went out of play for a Hearts goal kick. The ball boy just left it near the corner flag and gestured for Steve Banks (Hearts GK) to come and get it. Now I am assuming these boys are home supporters yet this one just left it for some reason. Everybody in the ground was screaming at him :006:

Surelly instead of having injury time the ref (or 4th Official, although that would only work in the SPL) should just have a watch that he starts and stops when the ball goes in and out of play? That way there is 45 minutes played and it doesnt make a difference if the ballboys are lazing around or the goalkeepers talking their time with goal kicks. Mind you I guess the ref has enough on his plate without this...

And games would last longer then American Football matches.  If you ever watch Sky coverage of EPL games then they tell you how long the ball was in play.  Highest I have seen in a few years in 25 minutes.