FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Johnstone

Yngwie

Blew a great chance to close the gap on Gretna.............................on the other hand County are now in the play off position for relegation.

QoS 1-0 St J

Maybe their cup exploits are taking there toll. In my view that's 5 points they've dropped in two winnable games. County now in bottom two as a result of Queens win.

County in their favourite position, squirming till the last day of the season  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

They have to stay up, they are the official ICT feeder club after all.

• 1 month later...

Cup results this season against SPL sides :

Saints 3-0 Dundee Utd

Rangers 0-2 Saints

Hibs 1-1 Saints (90 mins)

Falkirk 0-3 Saints

Motherwell 1-2 Saints (and Saints should have scored at least 6)

That's not just SPL form, it's Top 6 form. And having seen some of those games, they don't grind out results, they play excellent passing/attacking football that puts teams like ours to shame, and they deserved to win every one of those games.

Based on tonight's game, I would take pretty much any of their players if they were available to us.

And after watching yesterday's performance v Celtic I would just reiterate that initial post from 6 weeks ago!

3 points behind Gretna after tonight's win.  Hopefully they can overhaul them and stop the farce of a diddy team with a sugar daddy buying his way to the SPL.  I'd rather have two shorter trips down the A9 to Perth than 2 extra trips to Muvverwell next season.  It would also need our feeder team from across the bridge to beat Gretna on the last day if they really want to avoid relegation. 

Memories of when we won the league. Helicopter hovering around with the trophy.

Last day of season Super J's will be at Hamilton. Gretna at Dingwall. Week before that they are both at home. Gretna have Clyde and QoS come to Perth.

If the gudgies can win away to Livi and St Johnston beat QoS next week then that final game against Gretna can save or break them so should be an exciting end to season in Div 1.

st johnston dont deserve to go up, gretna barely do, both have bottled it this past 2 months big time.

the game in dingwall next week should be a cracker, if i could id be there, id be a bit split as to what id want form the match as id like st johnston to go up and county to go down.  everything is possible.

why should any of us support that team, regardless of where they are geographically in scotland, their supports HATE us and the club itself has always been ant ict.  who remembers when we first started playing in aberdeen after promotion?  who remembers that ross county put on free buses to dingwall to let inverness fans see a local team?  hardly supportive of ict who have raised the profile of north football to levels they will ultimatly beinfit from, i remmeber the stuff in the press about it from their side of the bridge basically laughing at us having to play in pittodrie

That's been argued to death before Clacher. They hate us because we are better. Similarly Ayr sing nothing but anti-Killie songs but Killie never give Ayr a thought. It's the same the world over, there's only a two-way rivalry if the teams are close (like Hibs & Hearts).

On the County board it's obvious many of them still have a 'big' team but here you would get slagged off for that.

Personally I used to pish myself if County lost (but now they're so bad it's no longer funny), and I still find myself laughing if they go a goal behind (can't help it) but for business reasons my head wants them to stay up, and full time. Even at our games, you used to get a wee cheer at half time if County were behind, but now nobody gives a.

Guest Atholl

Similarly Ayr sing nothing but anti-Killie songs but Killie never give Ayr a thought.

Not true.. they have a few wee songs of their own about the Honest Men.. It's true though that so called smaller sides support tends to hold a bigger "chip" on the shoulder - Defiance gives them an additional reason to ride out the bad times until their rivals start a decline or a big time investor shows up. Perhaps if a certain Mr Murray had piled his dough into Somerset Park the rivalry would have been reawakened in the hearts and minds of Killie Supporters as the teams would have been playing each other on a regular basis in the SPL, and they would actually be a threat to their "bragging" rights.

Thats the situation with Ross Co at the moment. as we don't get the opportunity to meet head to head regularly the edge has gone, we perceive that we've got bigger fish to fry for the moment which they resent, yet there's a certain tinge of regret that they might go down as it takes the day we meet them on league business again ever further away -  it's a bit like a love hate relationship... can't live with them... can't live without them... well, maybe you can but you still think back with a little bit of nostalgia  to derby days with a real buzz around the ground that even the Old Firm can't replace.... IMHO that is..

I for one will be quite glad to see the tinks go down. I dont subscribe to this "support the highland team" crap. Out of St Johnstone and Gretna, I want Super J's, as Gretna are guilty of the very things that I beleiveing is impacting on the game (ie: paying silly wages) Yes, its a bit of romance etc etc, but if gretna do get in, how is a town gonna sustain a top league team when the population is under 3000, most of whom are Rugby orientated? And the stadium has to seat over two times the population of the town!!

Not true.. they have a few wee songs of their own about the Honest Men..

Och I KNOW that  :frustrated01:

But even when they're up to their knees in Ayr blood  :015: :015: which they're only singing tongue in cheek anyway (because it's like another ditty with something that rhymes with 'killie') you're not serious that there's actually any venom in it.....

Guest Atholl

Not true.. they have a few wee songs of their own about the Honest Men..

Och I KNOW that  :frustrated01:

But apart from being up to their knees in Ayr blood  :015: :015: which they're only singing tongue in cheek anyway (because it's like another ditty with something that rhymes with 'killie') you're not serious that there's actually any venom in it.....

Which part of my response alluded to me thinking they were serious about the content of the songs they sing?  just that Killie fans wouldn't agree that they never give Ayr a second though... hardly merits a Victor Meldrew moment .. chill dude...  :fishing: