FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Police To Clamp Down On Homophobic Abuse

RiG

Shouldn't be an issue at the TCS as nobody chants anyway...  :017:

will the new legislation cover imputations of bestiality and other various sexual predilictions? Thus overnight we are no longer "sheep shagging bastids"!

If only the real problem was as easy to solve, eh Granville?

Could this have lead to Alex Smth being charged for his outburst against "poofy rules" a couple of seasons ago whilst in charge of the total football Harlem Globetrotters over the bridge?  :015:

If they start nicking people for this then Hibs-Hearts games might end up empty, whatwith all the 'Oh the hibbees are gay chants going on.

"A police insider said if a group of fans chanted anti-gay songs or slogans, officers would warn them and arrest suspected ringleaders. A conviction for breach of the peace could result in a hefty fine or even imprisonment. "

Ubelievable, this is a police f*cking state. Blair and co are a bunch of fascists, forcing their propaganda and liberal ideology upon us in every area of life, just as the nazis did - schools, the workplace, pubs, clubs, now football matches - soon your own home. Bring on the revolution! :brave:

Quite right. There was one regular from this website repeatedly shouting homophobic abuse at the game yesterday & i thot it was disgraceful. Personally i fail to see the difference between shouting homophobic abuse and making monkey chants

:006: Aye, totally...

Like it says on that page from The Scotsman, going to the football is a good way to let off steam.  If I think the referee is being an erse bandit then I for one, will not refrain in making my feelings known.  Fight the power!  :021:

I could never understand how the law worked on this one.  Nothing wrong with being gay, so their should be nothing wrong with being called gay.  Surely it's those who take objection to being called gay that are being offensive, their very actions set them aside as someone who sees being gay as something derogatory.

Apart from the late Justin Fashanu are there any openly gay footballers ?

It would appear that many of them are turning in to a right bunch of 'Nancy Boys' - what ever happened to the days of growing a thick skin and answering your critics by sticking the ball in the back of the net to silence them.