FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

17 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Apologies if I have missed something, but I haven't seen anything about Tom Walsh?

He's not been mentioned at all recently either in terms of players who have been released or players who were offered new deals. Apparently an Ayr fan has said he was serving ice creams at a local fun day down that neck of the woods. Probably a good indicator of where he's at right now.

They were quick to confirm Boyd and Woods were moving on, announce that Deas had decided to leave, and those they were speaking to about new contracts.

Sutherland and Walsh were not mentioned at that time but then the argument broke out about the circumstances surrounding how Sutherland was informed that he was not getting an offer. We can only assume it is the same with Walsh.

Some recognition is surely not too much for them, and the fans, to expect.

They have been silent on Allardice leaving too despite it being announced by him and then County on Sunday.

As always we need better communication. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Well Said 1

30 minutes ago, Robert said:

They were quick to confirm Boyd and Woods were moving on, announce that Deas had decided to leave, and those they were speaking to about new contracts.

Sutherland and Walsh were not mentioned at that time but then the argument broke out about the circumstances surrounding how Sutherland was informed that he was not getting an offer. We can only assume it is the same with Walsh.

Some recognition is surely not too much for them, and the fans, to expect.

They have been silent on Allardice leaving too despite it being announced by him and then County on Sunday.

As always we need better communication. 

I wish we had a Media and Communications director :wink:

• Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

2 hours ago, Jack said:

I have seen that Billy Mckay's future at the club isn't yet guaranteed as he wants more money that caley are offering. Also seen that we are linked with Ex Ross County player Oli Shaw on loan from Barnsley. 

From what I hear it's not money it's length of contract that seems to be the problem.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

It is interesting to note that certain players have been taken off the Club's web page but Billy and Tom are both there....    https://ictfc.com/team/inverness-caledonian-thistle

The league fixtures are out this Friday and we can probably expect more news about new signings or re-signings before then. 

Interesting observation there CELTIC1ICT3. Cammy Mackay still also on the list. 

With all the uncertainty surrounding Billy McKay not getting the contract he wants  ( sign him up NOW) I have a question to ask. Have John Robertson, Barry Wilson and Scott Kellacher been given new contracts?

• Well Said 1

17 minutes ago, Hearach said:

With all the uncertainty surrounding Billy McKay not getting the contract he wants  ( sign him up NOW) I have a question to ask. Have John Robertson, Barry Wilson and Scott Kellacher been given new contracts?

Nothing from the club yet which is not unusual 😜

I’ve renewed my season ticket but I despair about my ICT and the Board - some of their decisions seem hell bent on alienating the fans.   Billy McKay has been the difference between win or lose since he’s returned.  If young players are hesitating about coming to our Club and hear this is the  way ICT deal with their top players, no wonder they hesitate re coming north.   Even more bad publicity for ICT especially after Shane Sutherland’s bad press. 

You couldn’t make it up.   If Billy goes to Ayr I wish him plenty goals in all his games.  A great guy.  

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

Hoping it’s just Twitter talk re Ayr Utd. However if it comes to fruition and depending on what answer is to my previous question I think quite a few fans will seriously rethink season ticket renewal.  Sad times. 

• Well Said 1

It would be quite a disruptive move for Billy unless Ayr offer him a superb package. One thing to bear in mind is that he is approaching 35 so after two years would be approaching 37.  We cannot forever rely on him scoring.  At present we are short on goalscorers but we do not know what business is being done behind the scenes. Historically we have picked up some good goalscorers late in the day.

3 hours ago, Hearach said:

I don't know about the others but as I understand it Kel is an employee of the club in the usual way (and has been for years) and not on a 1/2/3 year contract type deal. 

My interpretation, rightly or wrongly, of our contract position is that we are looking to get promoted next season and, if that does not work, we have the fall back of going part time.

All bar 3 of our committed players for next season are only under contract for next season.

I support Billy seeking a two year deal. This is his last chance for footballing security, and we should meet his demands, particularly as pay doesn’t seem to be an issue.

To potentially lose our top asset to a promotion rival will be serious mismanagement by our leaders. I hope it is just rumour and speculation, but we need to get it sorted and fast!

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 4

3 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

It would be quite a disruptive move for Billy unless Ayr offer him a superb package. One thing to bear in mind is that he is approaching 35 so after two years would be approaching 37.  We cannot forever rely on him scoring.  At present we are short on goalscorers but we do not know what business is being done behind the scenes. Historically we have picked up some good goalscorers late in the day.

Like who exactly? Billy Mckay is our most prolific goal scorer in recent memory and no one has scored more than he did last season than since, erm, Bill Mckay in 2013/14. Jordan White was close in 2017/18 (IIRC) but apart from that we have lacked an out and out goalscorer for the best part of a decade.  

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3
  • Thoughtful 1

I really can't believe that ICT would let, not only a proven goalscorer, but a marvelous link player, leave the club due to the length of contract, unless they have some phenomenal stiker waiting in the wings to sign, which I doubt. Surely, with our atrocious injury record, even giving Billy the deal he wants, would make good sense?

• Agree 5

11 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Surely, with our atrocious injury record, even giving Billy the deal he wants, would make good sense?

Well, giving Billy the deal he wants would certainly make sense for Billy! But not necessarily for ICT. Worst case scenarios from the club’s perspective are that we commit a very high wage that we cannot afford in season 24/25, or that our highest wage is going on a fringe player who by then is way past his best.

Given Billy’s age, the longer the contract, the lower his weekly wage should be, because a year or two from now he cannot reasonably be expected to be as good and as fit as he is now. Maybe the sticking point is that the player wants the same wage for 2 years as was offered for 1?

Whatever is going on, I really hope they can find a deal that works for both sides, but I’m not optimistic.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic