FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scot Gardiner

12 minutes ago, Dan Clark said:

Does anyone know when his contract is up ?. He has had plenty time to make improvement's etc at the club but sadly we seem to have fallen apart more than ever with him in charge. I can't see how he can maintain his position beyond the end of this season at the latest. Time for fresh ideas and a fresh start.

No one has any idea what type of contract he is on except the Chairman and the board so we will never know!  He will be there as long as the Chairman wants him or there is a revolt in the boardroom which is highly unlikely

• Sad 1

I'm no SG or RM fan (far from it and would happily see them put under heavy pressure and challenging questioning), however the difficulty given the lack of communication and transparency is that we don't know what the expectations or objectives are within the club as a whole or for individuals. Therefore while we all look in thinking its a 'sh1t show' there may be a case that SG is meeting the boards expectations and they are happy with his performance and contributions with the issues around fan engagement & communication not actually being considered important to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/7/2024 at 8:41 PM, caley1 said:

Club will be here long after he goes

One can only hope, as relegation might end up sinking us completely, and we'll be lounging on the hill in Avoch watching Inverness Caledonian Thistle AFC in the Snecky District League...

...but lets hope that doesn't end up happening...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Agree - the trek up yon hill would feck up a lot of us.

Kate Bush said exactly the same thing to her fitness instructor in 1985 whilst mulling over ideas for her next single ..

• Funny 1

On 1/9/2024 at 5:46 AM, Gringo said:

There a few comments on 'X' regarding this post. Appears the away team/fans are treated like royalty. 

xpost.jpg

There’s only one club who would get the red carpet treatment in Inverness and they also wear predominantly blue coincidently. 

This allegiance we have with Sevco is not healthy in my opinion. 

Do we really want to be known as the orcs from the north? 

Dougal

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Get this guy gone. If it wasn't the middle of winter I'd suggest a shoes off protest! 

Mon Mr chairman surely you can see what's happening here? Wield the axe before it's too late!

The club is at its lowest ebb! Relegation will signal the end. Whom has hold of the reins?

:redcard:

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

I'm just going to put it out there.  I have met SG a number of times, at games and outwith, and have always found him good company, interesting and willing to chat.  He's got an almost impossible job, with no money to do it, and most criticism seems to be based on him supporting Rangers, 'Gasp, shock, horror, pearl clutching'.

What I really dislike though is that no-one actually knows the facts but everyone is absolutely sure that if it is negative it is true. Yes communication is poor, but as far as I can see we have a SLO, and a communications team, and they are the ones failing.

The man has tried things, some have worked, some haven't, but at least he has tried.

While I'm on a roll.. Let's be honest about our club and our city. Our attendances of c 2000, if you believe that, are shocking, the cub is in decline and with the best will in the world it is not Scott Gardiners fault.  The city does not support the team, for whatever reason, definitely not because SG supports Rangers, and that is what we need to fix. Getting rid of the CEO will not sort that.

• Well Said 3
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, MacOne said:

I'm just going to put it out there.  I have met SG a number of times, at games and outwith, and have always found him good company, interesting and willing to chat.  He's got an almost impossible job, with no money to do it, and most criticism seems to be based on him supporting Rangers, 'Gasp, shock, horror, pearl clutching'.

What I really dislike though is that no-one actually knows the facts but everyone is absolutely sure that if it is negative it is true. Yes communication is poor, but as far as I can see we have a SLO, and a communications team, and they are the ones failing.

The man has tried things, some have worked, some haven't, but at least he has tried.

While I'm on a roll.. Let's be honest about our club and our city. Our attendances of c 2000, if you believe that, are shocking, the cub is in decline and with the best will in the world it is not Scott Gardiners fault.  The city does not support the team, for whatever reason, definitely not because SG supports Rangers, and that is what we need to fix. Getting rid of the CEO will not sort that.

Hiya Scot.....

Oh and BTW no communications from anyone on the non playing side is allowed without his say so. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Well Said 2

17 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Hiya Scot.....

Oh and BTW no communications from anyone on the non playing side is allowed without his say so. 

Or from players by all accounts. 

• Like 1

Wondering what he has achieved which justifies his huge wage out of the club ???

• Thoughtful 1

I agree that SG can be good company etc.  But, my problem with him is he talks a good game but nothing happens.

The club may not have a large budget, but he seems to not want the fans money and only interested in the big, high risk projects which so far have not been successful.

Too focused on concerts, free ports and battery farms and not interested in the bread and butter business of football and the fans.  Season tickets not being renewed, hospitality non existant, player sponsorship nothing like it used to be, businesses not supporting club any more due to the concert fiasco, lack of communication and lack of fan engagement.  The list goes on and that is nothing to do with him being a Rangers supporter!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

3 hours ago, MacOne said:

Hi Scot,

You should build on the foundations of a club/business, not blow it up with dynamite and lack of people skills. 

You have been at Tottenham Hotspur, Sevco, Dundee and ICT. Where next? CEO of Avoch amateur football club? 

• Like 1

Is it not the case though, that whilst a lot of that bread and butter stuff has indeed been dealt with poorly, it is only big projects that could realistically make a major difference to our finances? 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Is it not the case though, that whilst a lot of that bread and butter stuff has indeed been dealt with poorly, it is only big projects that could realistically make a major difference to our finances? 

Exactly that.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Yes, I agree, but not to the detriment of everything else.  A football club is nothing withhlout fans.

I would also be happier if the big money projects SG was in the press shouting about actually made the club money.

We all know the disaster the concerts were despite SG telling us all that concerts were the future for the club.  Was that his fault with insisting on doing everything in house to make more money instead of handing it over to a company that knew what it was doing and making less money but still a profit. Yes it was.

We were then told by him that the free port was an amazing opportunity for the football club.  Only to be told by the chairman recently that was not true.

Now all hope is being placed on a battery farm, is that going to go totally pear-shaped too.......

Like I said, he talks a good game but never seems to deliver.  And thats not only at our club.

• Like 1
  • Thoughtful 1

11 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Thats a very good point and probably carries significant validity, a question is though while the ideas are good and in some ways innovative is the current administration the correct or most experienced and competent to execute or do egos get in the way of bringing in experts and consultants to assist?

• Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

13 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

You should build on the foundations of a club/business, not blow it up with dynamite and lack of people skills. 

You have been at Tottenham Hotspur, Sevco, Dundee and ICT. Where next? CEO of Avoch amateur football club? 

48 minutes ago, caley1 said:

which justifies his huge wage

54 minutes ago, Robert said:

Or from players by all accounts.

Any facts here, or are you all looking for jobs with The Sun? lol

• Well Said 1

1 hour ago, MacOne said:

Precisely the kind of dismissive/mocking attitude towards fans views we've seen from the CEO.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, MacOne said:

Not allowing the podcasters access to players is one factual example. 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

From my experience that actually sounds a pretty normal way for a business to operate. Who here would be allowed to issue public communications for their employer without approval?

• Thoughtful 1

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

From my experience that actually sounds a pretty normal way for a business to operate. Who here would be allowed to issue public communications for their employer without approval?

So why blame the SLO and comms person for lack of communication in the post I replied to? Not saying its abnormal at all 

• Scotty changed the title to Scot Gardiner