FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scot Gardiner

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Not allowing the podcasters access to players is one factual example. 

So it seems, but isn’t that a case in point of what we are talking about here, ie an automatic presumption by the witch hunters that SG has done something wrong when as far as I can see there is no evidence that this is the case?

I have absolutely no information on why the podcast seems to be getting shunned at the moment.  Maybe the manager doesn’t want players doing unnecessary media work at the moment. Maybe the podcast guys have done something which breached the club’s trust and they are deservedly blacklisted as a result. And maybe the CEO is just being an erse. But he answers to the Chairman and Board and if he has severed a connection with fans without a good reason, I would think it would not go down well with them.

Whatever the reason, it’s a very disappointing state of affairs and I hope it gets sorted.

• Like 3

Oh come on. This is the guy that procured an orange strip for an inverness family oriented club and released it on the 12th july. Nothing more needs to be said.  

If the club wants to align itself with this kind of nonsense then I want nothing to do with it!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

Point of interest regarding players /staff and media / podcasts, do other clubs have an embargo on their staff? As mentioned elsewhere in this thread some companies don't allow staff to talk to the media without permissions first. Having said that, this was never a problem for our podcast until now....was it?

I dont want to speak for the rest of the pod guys but i'll speak about how we used to arrange and interviews and the changes that the club requested last season.

In the early days of getting players on to the pod we would contact the player directly and sort out a date and time to record which wasn't an issue but this changed when i got cocky and started asking players before a game whilst going out to warm up which was rightly out of order and after speaking to Scot it was agreed that any further requests would go through Liam Morrison which was the best way for both parties and that was the case for most of last season and up until Billy left.

The podcast has always been fair in its criticism of the team and club but we are generally positive to the point where i was seen as the happy clapper and somehow kissing up to Scot which was never the case.  We owe Scot and the club a lot for giving us access to players and staff which we greatly appreciated but now that things changed we don't really know why we aren't being given access apart from being told their media strategy has changed so that's where we are at the moment but hopefully i'd like to think we can get things back on track in the near future.

Edited by RedCard
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Well Said 1

3 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

So perhaps the club should advise us as to what the current "media strategy" is and the reason for any recent alterations ?

Don't hold your breath mate.

• Funny 1

MacOne  evidently addresses Mr Gardiner in his phottie comment and it is also very apt that there is a link to Groundhog Day which is what ICT supporters have been going through for some time now. Anyway I suggest that he should change his forum name to Macaroni as he is clealry a cheesy wee tube.

• Funny 1

21 hours ago, Gringo said:

Having said that, this was never a problem for our podcast until now....was it?

Just like it was never a problem for the website until it was!

We had pretty good access until Rae/Crook [then SG to replace her] took the reins, then it stopped and certain other things happened that made the relationship strained. Have had no dealings with SG and only a few conversations with the current chairman. A bit of a shame since all the fans groups are pre-disposed to think positively about the club if they communicate rather than treat us like mushrooms.  Confidentiality is one thing, censorship is quite another. 

SG would do well to remember he is an employee of the club and a large number of those he is ignoring are shareholders. They may only have £250 or a little more in shares, but if he continues to piss off the Trust, and perhaps one or two other larger shareholders then its shoogly peg time if you start adding up percentages who think his position is becoming untenable !!! 

13 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

So perhaps the club should advise us as to what the current "media strategy" is and the reason for any recent alterations ?

The strategy is that there is no strategy. 

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Just like it was never a problem for the website until it was!

We had pretty good access until Rae/Crook [then SG to replace her] took the reins, then it stopped and certain other things happened that made the relationship strained. Have had no dealings with SG and only a few conversations with the current chairman. A bit of a shame since all the fans groups are pre-disposed to think positively about the club if they communicate rather than treat us like mushrooms.  Confidentiality is one thing, censorship is quite another. 

SG would do well to remember he is an employee of the club and a large number of those he is ignoring are shareholders. They may only have £250 or a little more in shares, but if he continues to **** off the Trust, and perhaps one or two other larger shareholders then its shoogly peg time if you start adding up percentages who think his position is becoming untenable !!! 

The strategy is that there is no strategy. 

Exfeckinactly. Wonder if Paul Chalk, the P&J or the Courier would pose the question and explore the source of fan unrest ? 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:36 PM, STFU said:

Precisely the kind of dismissive/mocking attitude towards fans views we've seen from the CEO.

Neither dismissive, it's a question, nor mocking but nice to see you are suddenly a sensitive wee soul.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:31 PM, highlandexile said:

Now all hope is being placed on a battery farm, is that going to go totally pear-shaped too

Not usually one to defend Scot, but in fairness, most of that is down to the coonsil kicking the can down the road, like they've done with a bajillion and one projects, like the Inshes roundabout and the Longman flyover.

7 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

So why has all contact with or from fan organisations been ended. Is that acceptable ?

In fairness one of the Board, Scott Young, attends the Open Meetings organised by the Supporters Trust and does his best to answer questions from the fans attending. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:05 AM, RednBlackComeback said:

Oh come on. This is the guy that procured an orange strip for an inverness family oriented club and released it on the 12th july. Nothing more needs to be said.  

If the club wants to align itself with this kind of nonsense then I want nothing to do with it!

Aye nothing less family friendly than orange.  You are aligning the club with that nonsense, along with one or two others. Anyone would think you had an agenda.

• Blackpool play in tangerine – a tone of orange – shirts and white shorts, with their socks combining both colours.
  • Brisbane Roar play in orange shirts – with black diagonal shoulders with a thin, white line under the black – black shorts and orange with black banded socks.
  • Dundee United rock tangerine shirts, black shorts and tangerine with black banded socks.
  • Houston Dynamo don all-orange kits, with black designs on the necks, arms and sides of the jerseys.
  • Hull City play in black and amber (yellow and orange) striped shirts, black shorts and black and amber socks.
  • Istanbul Basaksehir FK play in orange shirts and socks, accompanied by navy blue shorts.
  • Lorient wear orange shirts, with a diamond checker pattern with a subtle wave pattern applied, black shorts and white socks.
  • Luton Town play in orange shirts, with white and blue on the trims, blue shorts and orange socks.
  • Montpellier play in predominant navy and less conspicuous orange shirts and socks, accompanied by navy blue shorts.
  • Shakhtar Donetsk rock orange shirts and socks with thin stripes, with black shorts to match.

On the international scene, only two popular countries are among the football teams that play in orange kits

• Ivory Coast play in all-orange kits, with a touch of green on the shoulders.
  • Netherlands rock bright orange shirts, shorts and socks, with black designs on them.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

21 minutes ago, MacOne said:

Aye nothing less family friendly than orange.  You are aligning the club with that nonsense, along with one or two others. Anyone would think you had an agenda.

• Blackpool play in tangerine – a tone of orange – shirts and white shorts, with their socks combining both colours.
  • Brisbane Roar play in orange shirts – with black diagonal shoulders with a thin, white line under the black – black shorts and orange with black banded socks.
  • Dundee United rock tangerine shirts, black shorts and tangerine with black banded socks.
  • Houston Dynamo don all-orange kits, with black designs on the necks, arms and sides of the jerseys.
  • Hull City play in black and amber (yellow and orange) striped shirts, black shorts and black and amber socks.
  • Istanbul Basaksehir FK play in orange shirts and socks, accompanied by navy blue shorts.
  • Lorient wear orange shirts, with a diamond checker pattern with a subtle wave pattern applied, black shorts and white socks.
  • Luton Town play in orange shirts, with white and blue on the trims, blue shorts and orange socks.
  • Montpellier play in predominant navy and less conspicuous orange shirts and socks, accompanied by navy blue shorts.
  • Shakhtar Donetsk rock orange shirts and socks with thin stripes, with black shorts to match.

On the international scene, only two popular countries are among the football teams that play in orange kits

• Ivory Coast play in all-orange kits, with a touch of green on the shoulders.
  • Netherlands rock bright orange shirts, shorts and socks, with black designs on them.

All the effort you put into that post to prove.....nothing 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 1/14/2024 at 1:01 PM, RedCard said:

I dont want to speak for the rest of the pod guys but i'll speak about how we used to arrange and interviews and the changes that the club requested last season.

In the early days of getting players on to the pod we would contact the player directly and sort out a date and time to record which wasn't an issue but this changed when i got cocky and started asking players before a game whilst going out to warm up which was rightly out of order and after speaking to Scot it was agreed that any further requests would go through Liam Morrison which was the best way for both parties and that was the case for most of last season and up until Billy left.

The podcast has always been fair in its criticism of the team and club but we are generally positive to the point where i was seen as the happy clapper and somehow kissing up to Scot which was never the case.  We owe Scot and the club a lot for giving us access to players and staff which we greatly appreciated but now that things changed we don't really know why we aren't being given access apart from being told their media strategy has changed so that's where we are at the moment but hopefully i'd like to think we can get things back on track in the near future.

Has anyone approached him for an explanation Steve?

I may take the opportunity to ask him on Saturday for an explanation, this situation is a disgrace and things I’ve heard from other media sources matches this dictatorial attitude and creates a general fear to speak out against him. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Scotty changed the title to Scot Gardiner