FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fixture list

Alex MacLeod

St Mirren got an away fixture, why I don't know, as it's supposed to be traditional for the champions to get a home fixture to fly the flag.

Falkirk got a home fixture (v us).

In 1994, we should have got a home fixture, but I think the SPL had already made up the fixtures with Partick included in the league and gave them an away fixture. When we got in, I reckon they just took the lazy way out and gave us the Partick fixtures, which is why we got daft things like Kilmarnock at New Year as a derby.

1st season: 1st game in SPL away to Livi last game before split Dundee at home

2nd season: 1st game Falkirk away (replaced Dundee) last game before split Livingston away

3rd Season: 1st game St Mirren home (replaced livi) last game before split Falkirk home

Next season: 1st game Falkirk away? last game before split St Mirren away?

I reckon we'll be away to Gretna for the first fixture too.

And our matches against Rangers will be on the same day at the Edinburgh derby (as they have been the last 2 seasons iirc)

If we end up going to Carlisle for Gretna don't you just bet it will be an early kick off as well. Will the SPL be offering reduced B and B  rates in Gretna the night before?

We wont end up going to Carlisle - Gretna have a groundshare with Motherwell and will be playing all their home fixtures at Fir Park until Raydale is compliant. As they havent even got planning permission or produced architectural plans to redevelop Raydale or build another stadium, it might take a while (which is the crux of the Dunfermline / St Mirren protest)

Thank goodness for that imagine having to watch a SPL match in ENGLAND!!! :001:

I had heard about the groundshare with Motherwell and should have realised that IHE's posts are normally tounge in cheek no offence meant.

Shame. Carlisle would have been like a home game for me, just a mere 300 miles!  Seriously, I know it won't happen, but from Gretna's point of view, Carlisle would have been a far better option than Motherwell.  I think they would have attracted quite a few Carlisle fans just from the curiosity factor alone

Shame. Carlisle would have been like a home game for me, just a mere 300 miles!  Seriously, I know it won't happen, but from Gretna's point of view, Carlisle would have been a far better option than Motherwell.  I think they would have attracted quite a few Carlisle fans just from the curiosity factor alone

Yeah but it would an absolute **** of a journey for us :rolleyes02:

My predictions for first round of matches are

Falkirk (h)

Rangers (a)

Gretna (h)

Killie (a)

Dundee United (h)

Motherwell (a)

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Hibs (h)

Aberdeen (a)

St Mirren (h)

:004: :004:

Gretna playing in Carlisle will never happen due to the potential aggro factor.  Carlisle fans were involved in a serious attack on Scotland fans en route to Wembley in the eighties and they still have an element attached to the club who would be delighted at the thought of Scottish fans visiting Brunton Park every fortnight.

Aint going to happen....

In 1994, we should have got a home fixture, but I think the SPL had already made up the fixtures with Partick included in the league ...

I can tell you're getting old, things that happened less than three years ago already seem like over a decade in the distant past  :015: :015: :015:

In 1994, we should have got a home fixture, but I think the SPL had already made up the fixtures with Partick included in the league ...

I can tell you're getting old, things that happened less than three years ago already seem like over a decade in the distant past  :015: :015: :015:

LOL, it's the other way round!

1st season: 1st game in SPL away to Livi last game before split Dundee at home

2nd season: 1st game Falkirk away (replaced Dundee) last game before split Livingston away

3rd Season: 1st game St Mirren home (replaced livi) last game before split Falkirk home

Next season: 1st game Falkirk away? last game before split St Mirren away?

Obviously the SPL upgraded their "fixture computer" then  :014: