FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory Mcallister

dumpmaster

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Wood and a lot of the new boys can do that job and who says anyone wants him on loan he was filth against County so they are hardly going to want him. And to be honest sending him out to the Highland League might be the best option get some goals toughen him up get at look at how to win a place in a team.

if Rory has any self-respect or ambition for himself he would go up to Charlie and say he needs to go out on loan until January, alternatively a resignation from him is also acceptable for me :023:

Apart from one good move today where he chased the Gers defender and managed to get him to put it out for a throw in towards the end of the first half he did absolutely nothing else, he also looked tired when chasing long punts up the field and despite having the pace against the defender couldn't utilise it to his strength as he was knackered. Clearly not up to scratch for a game. Not fit to wear the shirt. :33:

Fer fecks sake. The lad is only 20 and dont ferget it is TWO managers who have thrown the lad in at the deep end and he has been picked fer an Under 20 National squad. Barry Robson was slagged off fer being too scrawny etc.

He is not SPL standard but has a lot of potential. He is one that we should really be holding on to fer a couple of years and a loan to a second or third division outfit may well enhance his confidence. That will probably now happen as he will NOT progress at ICT given the atmosphere on the terraces.

But there again - is he not been made a scapegoat fer yesterday  - who picked him and chose the tactics.

Can soooooo many ppl who post on here be wrong? I know other fans who dont come on here, but share the same opinion of Rory. Am sure we all would love to be coming on here and praising the guy rather than this. I dont believe in pussyfooting about.....life is cruel after all.

I wonder why it is Christie AND Park fail to notice the blatantly obvious. I am still unconvinced of Christies suitability as Manager, which was elevated yesterday by A) His tactical awareness (or lack off) and his persistance in flogging a dead horse.

1. sorry i can't believe that anyone who watched the game yesterday could say that rory has pace, watch a replay he never once got first to a ball in a one on one with a defender.

2. watch rory going for a high ball he never looks at the ball but instead watches the defenders position then trys to pick up the scraps, just watch next time you see him play or once again watch the replay.

given the above though he is a young lad and i reckon the coaching staff are to blame as well. they MUST have noticed this inability to follow a high ball when he chooses to watch the man instead.

comment 2

2. watch rory going for a high ball he never looks at the ball but instead watches the defenders position then trys to pick up the scraps, just watch next time you see him play or once again watch the replay

Spot on cccccccc

He never watches the ball, and pretends to jump late making out the defender was too good, not good enough I'm afraid.

Guest WynessLegend

I feel very sorry for Rory.

I'm sure he's aware of all the criticism he gets and it must be destroying him. I have never seen a less confident player.

In my opinion it is not his fault.

It's Christies's fault for having repeatedly played him when he is quite obviously not good enough.

I reject the arguement that we had no other options yesterday.

Paatelinen can play up front.

The situation means that time is now up for Rory.

I don't think he should be put on loan.

We don't need him back.

He should be offered to second and third division clubs in the hope that one of them may take him on a free transfer.

Then he can see if he has the ability to rebuild his career to become an average player at a much much lower level.

Goodbye Rory, and good luck.

I don't believe we should be going down this line.

Good bad or indifferent he is only a young lad who was thrust into the first team by Brewster before he was ready, this type of thread could damage the lad, I think we need to have a little compassion.

If we have nothing good to say then say nothing.

I don't believe we should be going down this line.

Good bad or indifferent he is only a young lad who was thrust into the first team by Brewster before he was ready, this type of thread could damage the lad, I think we need to have a little compassion.

If we have nothing good to say then say nothing.

Nah..............he is a professional footballer, he gets well paid for what he does and therfore is subject to the same critiscisms/praise as any other player in my book!

I also feel sorry for Rory, if he is selected to play he can only do his best, his best is most definitely not good enough at this moment in time or at this level, there comes a time when every player needs to be reassessed and i agree he needs to move down a league or two find his natural level of ability. Taking a backward step can be beneficial.

He's not good enough, simple as that.

People can keep saying 'he's young, he scores loads in the reserves' etc etc, but that's not enough. He's into his 3rd SPL season now, and other than one reasonable game against Celtic, he hasn't improved one bit. He has no strength, no control, no awareness, no heading ability, no pace, and watching him today...he's no idea how to judge a balls flight either.

I wouldn't loan him out, I'd get rid of him to anyone that'll have him. We've just loaned out a very promising youngster(Wood), but sorry CC, you let the wrong one go.

I knew we'd lose as soon as I heard Rory's name mentioned on RS on the pre-match report. I despair why he keeps getting chance after chance.

Quite simple really, he's gash....let's admit it, and move on.

I couldn't agree more I'm afraid, the guy (because he isn't a boy anymore) is hopeless, absolutely hopeless. Don't get me wrong this opinion is not just based on Saturday's performance, but everytime I have saw him.

I used to believe that Rory had a great deal of potential. I've now, with some regret, come to the view that he may never be SPL quality.

That's not to say that he isn't a competent enough player but his level may be a division or two lower.

That said, I'd be more than delighted to be proved wrong.

I used to believe that Rory had a great deal of potential. I've now, with some regret, come to the view that he may never be SPL quality.

That's not to say that he isn't a competent enough player but his level may be a division or two lower.

That said, I'd be more than delighted to be proved wrong.

On the other hand, you have five fingers  :015:

I realise that now we have our new star forward this could spell doom(or the subs bench) for Rory anyway.

Why would the management team give Rory a regular start, given the views of the people on here or most people on here?

They must have options yet play him?  Are they so poor at their job that they can't see his shortcomings - does he do well in training and crap during a game - and on Saturday was he playing to orders as I watched Novo come level with his 18 yard box and carry the ball into our half and was then running looking for a return pass, whilst Rory did not cover that yardage during the whole match.

It may all be academic now, but I am not convinced he is SPL ready yet!

On saturday we only had two fit strikers available. Rory will be needed in the reserves this season and I expect he will be on the bench from time to time but with Marius, Deano, Bayney, Denzil all available I can only see him as fifth choice from now on.

I also watched the game on Saturday. For me it was via the internet. However, the tactics were not good enough and Rory did not get a fair go at things. too many times we humped the ball up the park. the lad was on his own and he needed help. too many other experienced player were still on vacation. i think he will be a netter player coming in off the bench. 

He has done well coming off the bench in the past, one thing that no-one has thought of - perhaps his problems have something to do with fitness? It might be a lack of stamina rather than a lack of quality. He certainly looked nackered for most of the Rangers game. This can have all kinds of knock on effects on a players performance.

I also watched the game on Saturday. For me it was via the internet. However, the tactics were not good enough and Rory did not get a fair go at things. too many times we humped the ball up the park. the lad was on his own and he needed help. too many other experienced player were still on vacation. i think he will be a netter player coming in off the bench. 

Wat site did you watch the game on? Can anyone tell me of any good sites where i can watch SPL footie (as am not gonna be able to go to Dundee utd, aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic home games) and English premiership, preferably free?