FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness

Bronson

Niculae was fantastic today but came nowhere near scoring!! By this I mean that he created loads of fantastic chances from all over the place, particularly edges of the box, for Dennis to squander!! 2 or 3 inch perfect passes/crosses that Dennis should have scored and that I am confident Niculae would have scored if the roles were reversed.

I think Dennis should be dropped. Not fighting hard enough and a lack of confidence IMO. Niculae, on the other hand, is worth playing even if he rarely scores. If he creates as many chances for somebody who can then convert them then he's worth his place.

Would have liked to see Craig and Niculae together.

Agree.

It seems that unless he bangs in a hat-trick every game, then Niculae will get slated. His overall play is superb, and his touch, control, and passing are head and shoulders above anyone else's. His ball in for Wyness's fluffed header today was inch perfect.

And as for him being unfit?? He chases back far more than any other striker at the club.

Brew/Niculae looked excellent at Hibs. They seem to be our best pairing up front by a mile.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feckin hysteria. Answer me this:

Is he worth 3-4 times the wage of Don Cowie - or anyone else?

Is he NOW International or potential International class?

We bought him to be a forward - a forward scores goals - will he in the SPL?

Does he excite you ? Does he make you stand up and applaud?

Is he a better all round player than the 41 year old Brewster ?

Would he get into the scoring positions that denzil gets into ? - has he got the pace ?

Can he play with Brew?

The answer to all the feckin questions is NO. Get a feckin grip. Brewster won us three valuable points today.

Does he excite you ? Does he make you stand up and applaud?

Would he get into the scoring positions that denzil gets into ? - has he got the pace ?

Can he play with Brew?

The answer to the first 2 questions today was a very definate yes!! Were you at the game IHE?

The answer to the last question is apparently yes according to thise at the Hibs game as well!

Guest WynessLegend

Sure, Denzils' goal was easy ....... but you have to be in the right spot to knock in the easy ones.

I thought he had a fantastic game today, battled hard, worked hard, played a lot of good balls and got himself in a few scoring positions.

The man remains a legend.

Guest jaggiebunnet

OK it was an easy GOAL!!!!!! and he,s not back to his best yet but the signs of a good striker is to be in the right place at the right time.

:clapping03:

Were any of the 'Denzil can't really hack it at SPL level' faithful at the game today? If not, please watch the highlights on Monday and post pics of the looks on your faces as you witness a well-taken first but sheer, pure, mouth-watering vintage Wyness for the fourth goal. Watch out, our top goalscorer of all time has his shooting boots back on  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Guest WynessLegend

Denzil was excellent today - as he has been throughout this season. I can't believe that some "supporters" like to come on here and knock him. He is a class footballer who plays with vision and intelligence.

Denzil has scored in four games this season. We have won the same four games.

Is it 99 already? I was having a chat about this in the pub with a fellow exile when we were watching the scores come in and was putting it around 93 or 94. I was making the point that the 100 was attainable now and that would be a great motivation for him in the next few weeks, so in a way I'm disappointed that the milestone is so close. Still, well done Dennis, and I'm sure he'll be thinking about being 120 by the end of the season when he gets his hat-trick at Rugby Park next week.  :004:

Fantastic player, has always had the ability, more pace would be an asset, but when he has the ball and is about to do the scoop and shuffle the defenders as we all know are beaten, they know it's coming as well but they just can't cope magnificent, a pleasure to pay.

By looking at denzil's 99 goals in 222 games, you can see on average he scores a goal every 2 and a quarter games.

So, if he's netted four in three games, that would suggest he wont score for another... 7 games. So, he should have 100 by 24th November St Mirren at home.

Then again, in the last three games, he's averaged 1 and a third goal every game, so he could have 110 by then  :016:

I suppos these stats could give you an infinite number of possibilties as to when he'll get his 100.

Just wondering... Do you think Denzil knows or even cares he's on 99? And what is more important to him, how many ICT goals he's scored, or how many career goals he's scored.

Denzil for Scotland anybody  :016: :004: