FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch invader today...

Guest loyal_army

Guest loyal_army

...i just wonder if Caley decide to dish out more pathetic lifetime bans tonight; and that being in the direction of the ecstatic ICT fan who lept onto the pitch to celebrate Brew's injury time winner today. It wouldn't surprise me at all  :020:

...i wish i could of joined him as well  :016:

Did you hear Stuart on Your Call tonight, talking about being banned for standing up and singing at one of our home games? He put his point really well I thought, prompted me into writing an email (not read out though). A wee bit spoilt by George who also called to complain about the stewards at TCS but got a bit confused.

Yet again I have to say that the club should be WELCOMING fans who want to stand up and sing, or celebrate their team winning, not alienating them  :018:

this week a life time ban was handed out to stewart and a 5 game ban to a lad tony. absaloultey shocking behaviour from the club , why are they trying to drive fans away  :008: :008: . i bet the club take unneccesary action against the lad who went on the pitch today because they are a feckin joke!! they ncourage fans to create an atmosphere and when they do they ban them ?????? :018:

If it was just the stewards then something could maybe be done about it but its the CLUB!!! Stewards dont have the power to hand out lifetime bans to folk, they are acting under direction from the CLUB, namely the match commander or safety officer on a matchday. The situation is absolutely PISH and has been since the Dunfermline match last season.  :008: :008: :008:

Immortal Howden Ender, and Johnboy - you made me laugh so much at the thought of Streaking, the neighbours are banging on the walls!

Don't know when I have laughed so much!!!  Thank you so much xxxx

Guest WynessLegend

standing, singing, celebrating ...................... yes

running on to the field of play .................... always no

easy to get carried away with todays match, but that sort of thing does the club no favours, and also does no favours to those banned or punished for minor misdemeanours.

lifetime bans are a joke unless the behavior is absolutely criminal.the boy got a wee bit too excited and needs a ticking off.thats it. how many pitch invasions have we endured from the away end and how many of that hundreds of fans have been banned by their clubs.i'd guess approx none, nil, fek all, not a one

Aye, very good but his excitement may have got the club into hot water with the beaks in Glasgow who, I'm reliably informed, are expressing displeasure at the number of times fans enter the pitch at TCS.  This has mainly been at the away end in the past but it doesn't matter what end really as ICT are still responsible.

Get it into your heads people, if you keep breaking the rules and ignoring the warnings there are going to be consequenses for you and your team.

your right djs but crime still does not fit punishment especially given what away fans get off with.ict need to start looking after their own a bit better just as most other clubs would whilst being seen to be doing something about the issue from the beaks perspective. and how are caley or any other club supposed to be able to stop a fan or group of fans getting on the pitch if they really feel the urge. they cant. its simply gonna happen from time to time to every club.this is about the only incident from our fans since division one as far as i remember

Following pitch invasions from the away stand, there has been a small barrier built on top of the wall, not very high, but just a bit of a deterent.  If the referee includes todays incident in his report, the club will be reported and probably fined.  I'm not sure that everyone realises that the club can be fined for their fans behaviour.  Will that 1 fan who jumped the wall still feel like it was the right thing to do if he costs the club thousands of pounds?

If the boy was a constant repeat offender  maybe there would be some justification , but otherwise a lifetme ban is completely idiotic for a young boy.

Thousands of pounds fines for a wee boy running around in a fit of eupohrioa ??? Are you serious?

Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Common sense must prevail  here. :018:

Going onto the pitch, whether it's a fit of eupohria or not, is strictly against the rules and conditions of entry into the ground. I agree that a lifetime ban is an over reaction by the club and would suggest, perhaps, that if the club do get fined then the culprit should pay for it. There are no excuses for a pitch 'invasion'.

There is a big difference between an invasion and a jolly. Can you imagine a headline - " An American soldier has invaded Iran this morning."  :023:

There is also a big difference in running on to the pitch with the pre-meditated intention of causing a disruption - or holding up play - or threatening a player or official - or antagonising the away fans - etc, etc. A ban in those instances is fair enuff - for a lifetime even if there has been any form of threatening behaviour.

If the lad ran on to the pitch he should have been given a reprimand and a final warning - like if you do it again we will ban you fer the season.

The punishment should fit the crime. And IMHO this is a deliberate ploy to finish off the Singing Section.

Following pitch invasions from the away stand, there has been a small barrier built on top of the wall, not very high, but just a bit of a deterent.  If the referee includes todays incident in his report, the club will be reported and probably fined.  I'm not sure that everyone realises that the club can be fined for their fans behaviour.  Will that 1 fan who jumped the wall still feel like it was the right thing to do if he costs the club thousands of pounds?

And that has really helped.

Additionally, perhaps merits a separate thread, but I am sure I am not the only one to notice sections of the Hearts support standing throughout the game with no interference from stewards. Even when they went and stood amongst them.

If the club were really serious about stopping people "invading" the pitch, then they would employ more stewards around the ground.  The last game I went to at the TCS (Rangers, first day) there were no stewards at the front of the main stand.

One question, I'm getting some mixed signals.  Was that kid banned from going on the pitch, or from standing up and singing?

this week a life time ban was handed out to stewart and a 5 game ban to a lad tony. absaloultey shocking behaviour from the club , why are they trying to drive fans away  :008: :008: . i bet the club take unneccesary action against the lad who went on the pitch today because they are a feckin joke!! they ncourage fans to create an atmosphere and when they do they ban them ?????? :018:

Would this be the same chap that has been banned from this website for foul and abusive language??