FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The X factor

Naelifts

How can it be? The same group of players under new stewardship turn up at Easter Road and start playing good,penetrative and exciting football. On to Parkhead and every fan I have spoken to was delighted with the way we took the game to the 'Tic creating numerous chances. Now ..............3 wins and 9 goals in a week! With the same players and a "new" face at the helm.

What is this X factor?  Cowie has been a revelation. Charlie must get the credit for that. Marius is a player................he was always going to take a bit of time to slot in. Roy to left back has been the only significant change. Is Brewster that talismatic? Has he "turned the dressing room round"? ( I hope not because the players will now run out and into the Firth!!!!!). Was there significant unrest internally pre-Brewster? Has it all now been smoothed over? Or is there a messianic figure amongst us? Will loaves and fishes replace macarone pies at the 45?

And, what of Charlie. An ICT legend.Has he a defined role within? Or is he cast into the desert?

One thing is for sure. In this kind of form,with confidence running high.....there will be a few Goliaths quaking in there sandals at the prospect of meeting Brew's men.

"a change is as good as a rest" is the old saying. It has feck all to do with the "messiah :tic01:" if it was down to his skills as a manager then DUFC should be playing in the Champions league this week. I think perhaps it was down to CC's mind not being 100% focused and therefore the whole team suffered, anyone coming in would have gained the same end result.

Birdog - thank feck there's someone else with a bit of sense posting!

Admin - can you merge all the brewster is the new messiah threads so all the knicker wetters can see where to post through their rose tinted specs?  :001:

How can it be? The same group of players under new stewardship turn up at Easter Road and start playing good,penetrative and exciting football. On to Parkhead and every fan I have spoken to was delighted with the way we took the game to the 'Tic creating numerous chances. Now ..............3 wins and 9 goals in a week! With the same players and a "new" face at the helm.

What is this X factor?  Cowie has been a revelation. Charlie must get the credit for that. Marius is a player................he was always going to take a bit of time to slot in. Roy to left back has been the only significant change. Is Brewster that talismatic? Has he "turned the dressing room round"? ( I hope not because the players will now run out and into the Firth!!!!!). Was there significant unrest internally pre-Brewster? Has it all now been smoothed over? Or is there a messianic figure amongst us? Will loaves and fishes replace macarone pies at the 45?

And, what of Charlie. An ICT legend.Has he a defined role within?

One thing is for sure. In this kind of form,with confidence running high.....there will be a few Goliaths quaking in there sandals at the prospect of meeting Brew's men.

:022:

I don't think it's that mysterious. Brewster is very good at instilling self-belief in the players. He has a great positive attitude, and combining that with some good organisation, is reaping the rewards. Some players who were previously fringe have been given a second chance and are responding well to it. He's not a messiah, but a grafter with a great spirit, which is rubbing off on the players. Charlie just isn't the same personality type. Having said that, there will always be some gurners whining about DUFC, but not for long. :015:

You misunderstand me, Meeeeee. I am frequently misunderstood. Perhaps in your cave, high in the hills above some other hills you have become more bitter than most. A trip down to sea level may be rewarding..........who knows. However, I digress. My opening line was ....How can it be? I am as perplexed as the next person as to the reason for such a sudden turnaround....................I was looking for an insightful answer or two. The coming of Brew....the turnaround on the park..............COINCIDENCE?.........you be the judge!

And Mee.............Stick some Nick Drake on the turntable...................he makes everything alright.

Mee, may I paraphrase and suggest: ?He?s not the Messiah he?s a very naughty boy?

What cannot be denied is the high regard CB is held in throughout Scottish football.

The game yesterday was a joy. I know Falkirk played at a very low tempo, but our play was top notch. I particularly enjoyed the passing through midfield, no long ball one dimensional stuff that some were protesting about.

I feel genuinely sorry for any ICT supporters who, for whatever reason, couldn?t make the game, they certainly missed a treat.

You misunderstand me, Meeeeee. I am frequently misunderstood. Perhaps in your cave, high in the hills above some other hills you have become more bitter than most. A trip down to sea level may be rewarding..........who knows. However, I digress. My opening line was ....How can it be? I am as perplexed as the next person as to the reason for such a sudden turnaround....................I was looking for an insightful answer or two. The coming of Brew....the turnaround on the park..............COINCIDENCE?.........you be the judge!

And Mee.............Stick some Nick Drake on the turntable...................he makes everything alright.

I was only pointing out that there was already a thread for sycophants  :015:

That was the week that was.

Can't fault the transformation however it has been achieved.  We have gone from a team with no passion, no commitment, no direction, no leadership to as slick a machine as you will see in the SPL.  We have gone back a few years to the cavalier days of Pele.  We showed them how to swashbuckle, ripped three teams in the space of eight days, and scored nine goals.

I don't care who is responsible, I am just glad to have witnessed it.  If it is CB, so be it, maybe it's all down to Parky, who can tell, but at least I can say I was there.  Stop yer rebel without a cause nonsense and come on down, you know it makes sense.

Once a fan always a fan - until the stewards chuck you out under instructions from a bully???? I wont be back till that situation's sorted out, Ill be listening from the comfort of my living room  :003: