FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Unforced errors.

Libero

I cannot believe how many unforced errors we have made this season, i have supported ICT whenever possible for circa 13 years now and cannot remember a season let alone 10 games where so many errors and costly errors have been made.

from what i can gather we havent kept a clean sheet in the SPL so far this season and we must have scored at least 4/5 own goals not to mention how many pens we've given away.

So whats happened to us? is it lack of confidence? lack of team spirit? Tactical naivety? Wrong players playing together?

I for one cant fathom why we are making so many mistakes, can anyone else?

If it is Dods, then after watching Munro this season, then it's obvious he was relying on Dods to get him through last year.

Munro is not a captain, and his game seems to have gone to pieces this year. First we blamed Caff, then Fraser,....who next?

Tokely has completely forgotten his main role is to defend. It's all well and good him making these lung bursting runs down the line, but I'd love to see how many goals we've conceded this year due to him being out of position.

The whole defence has been ***** so far...all of them.

I thought McGuire was half to blame for the second goal, he had a chance to slide tackle the Aberdeen player into the stand - but he stood off, stayed on his feet - and ended up giving away a needless free kick.

Strangely, we seemed to solidify at the back when Proctor came on to replace McGuire at centre back. He looks lightweight - but he dominated the air and made some good tackles. His distribution was also first class. Perhaps we might be on to something?  :024:

Brewster shouldn't have left himself out... he claimed his shoulder was still bothering him. I'm sure he would have been more than capable of playing for at least an hour....

Bazza should also have been on from the start.... You have to play to your strengths in this game.

Can we afford the luxury of having Niculae in this side?

Brewster shouldn't have left himself out... he claimed his shoulder was still bothering him. I'm sure he would have been more than capable of playing for at least an hour....

Bazza should also have been on from the start.... You have to play to your strengths in this game.

Can we afford the luxury of having Niculae in this side?

The problems are at the back not up front

Exactly Kencar. Thought the front two linked up brilliantly at times today, and BOTH worked their arses off.  Marius didn't stop chasing all day(that's as well as his general play).

Some people need to get over their Niculae fixation, and see where the real problems are....the defence.

Why don't we reverse the team then, play the forwards at the back, at least we will stop bleeding goals.  In fact the Mann to stop the leaky defence was on the park at half time.

Despite my blind spot where Bobby is concerned - never really understood the 'fantastic distribution' tag he got from punting the ball upfield to forwards who, frankly, made the punts look good - I would have liked to have seen him warming up after a patchy defensive performance in the first half. We need someone to command the box, and switching keepers isn't likely to produce the goods from that area.

Tokely has completely forgotten his main role is to defend. It's all well and good him making these lung bursting runs down the line, but I'd love to see how many goals we've conceded this year due to him being out of position

Ross is not the problem - most of the time a midfielder back-fills for him. Ross clearly hasn't been told not to make the runs, so surely the questions should be asked of the midfielders who aren't falling back to cover?

I just wish he could have scored at the other end  :rolleyes02:

I don't think we are actually making that many "unforced errors", I just think we fail to play to our biggest strength at home and that is the width of the pitch.  There's no doubt in my mind that at home we should be playing 5 across the middle so as we don't have to rely on forwards dropping back or defenders moving forward to give us control in the centre of the pitch.  If we're going to adopt a tactic whereby Hastings and Rossco are pushing forward almost constantly then we'd be as well going 3 at the back from the start and having the extra midfielder.

Tokley has yet again demonstrated his inability to play football.

He is supposed to be a defender but is constantly seen in the opposing teams corner areas. He then loses the ball and does not have the pace to get back to his position to make tackles. He lunges at players giving away free kicks and own goals.

We certainly need to strengthen the defence and I suggest we start with Tokley!

A solid centre-half is needed and there is not one in sight. I am certain big Bobby does not have the pace or puff for this type of football now.

I thought Niculae has a reasonable game and made a considerable contribution with his twists and turns.

neksor

The defence needs sorting out but that was feckin obvious well before the start of the season. We needed to get in an experienced replacement and we feckin didnt. But we are too reliant on our midfielders to defend and support the attackers - that must be a nightmare for them.

Marius didnt stop chasing all day - give me a feckin break.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

What did he say in the Mail?

This might turn out to be tosh, but for me he's not a natural striker. He moves around alot - and pops up all over the park looking for the ball, which is to his credit. But he isn't a penalty box poacher. And his efforts on goal often leave alot to be desired. He's clearly far better at creating chances for others than he is at hitting the net himself.

I think he could run the game if he was put in the centre of midfield.

I would agree that he was a better midfielder but he simply is not what he was.

MARIUS NICULAE has vowed to bag the goals that shoot Inverness Caley into the top six and keep his Euro 2008 dream alive.

While Scotland's hopes of reaching the Finals are hanging in the balance Romania qualified at a canter.

A2-0 away win against Luxembourg coupled with Bulgaria's draw in Albania ended the country's eight-year exile from a major tournament.

And Niculae hopes an injury-free and scoring run in the SPL with the Highlanders can help him back into manager Victor Piturca's plans.

The frontman said: "I have two objectives this season - the first is to score enough goals to get Inverness into the top six.

"After that my aim is to get back into the national team. I want to be called back up because I've not played for more than a year.

Exactly Kencar. Thought the front two linked up brilliantly at times today, and BOTH worked their arses off.  Marius didn't stop chasing all day(that's as well as his general play).

Some people need to get over their Niculae fixation, and see where the real problems are....the defence.

well said. front to doing well, defence still not right

Aberdeen were simply gifted the three points today, they were missing several key players and lost a further two to injury. They must have though it was xmas come early !

We have to stop giving away "soft" goals

Non ICT friends of mine are laughing at us! you could put it down to a bad day at the office but it's becoming a worrying habit !

The last four goals we have conceded have been worth 250 pounds a pop on you've been framed!

I just think we fail to play to our biggest strength at home and that is the width of the pitch. 

Agree. We haven't used the width of the pitch since Robson left !!

Tokley has yet again demonstrated his inability to play football.

A joke right ? He's the closest thing we've got to a right winger ! I counted at least two nutmegs on dons defenders the day !! The only time we looked dangerous was when Tokely went of one of his runs. Nobody else was trying to beat their man!

I just think we fail to play to our biggest strength at home and that is the width of the pitch.  There's no doubt in my mind that at home we should be playing 5 across the middle so as we don't have to rely on forwards dropping back or defenders moving forward to give us control in the centre of the pitch.  If we're going to adopt a tactic whereby Hastings and Rossco are pushing forward almost constantly then we'd be as well going 3 at the back from the start and having the extra midfielder.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Only problems being that a) no two central defenders seem to have clicked with each other so far, so there's bound to be teething troubles with using three together in an unfamiliar system, and b) Zander's currently at Elgin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the wonder of the internet I've seen all our goals this season.

We are weak and lack thoroughness and concentration in the centre of defence and we give the ball away far too easily.  Look at the St Mirren game, for example.  For the first goal, we had possession a couple of seconds prior to the goal but gave the ball away cheaply, allowed a player to turn and lost a goal.  For the second the ball was played in behind us, Kean chased it down and squared it for Corcoran to tap in - not one of our players put any pressure on either player.

We are simply too slack, we can't afford it.  We need another commanding centre half, perhaps Brewster should go back in for Bullen in the window.  I also wouldn't mind us looking at Graham Coughlan, he was solid for Livingston and has had a good career down south.  Having said that he seems to be doing not bad for Rotherham, might not be interested in uprooting.