GRETNA -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched the third goal again - quite unbelievable and tell me if I am wrong but was that a sweeping forward move ending with a 1-2 between Bazza and Granty followed by a 1-2 between Bazza and Hastings.    :crazy07:  .

Granty then McGuire I think.

Can a double 1-2 be called a 2-4?

HASTINGS  :001: :001: :001: For some reason he still concerns me. He appears more prone to a slip and/or error these days.

Thought he played well yesterday, he looked good in the first half coming down the line despite nearly every Gretna move being played wide against him.  He was always available.

I'm sure you could play him about anywhere on the park and youd get a similar performance out of him, I'm really looking forward to getting Rankin and him on the left again, they never got the chance to gel as Wilson kept getting picked out wide and John was left in the middle.

Not sure what to say about the performance, I was unimpressed overall as I said last night, we were not tested but even so looked as if we couldve conceded if Gretna played with 3 up front for the full 90 minutes.  Every goal was well taken, especially the first two, so we'll never know if I wouldve been right or not.

Graham Bayne though.. I'm not shy about being his biggest fan, the physical side of his game sums up everything ICT should be; strong, quick, aggressive, intelligent.  On the ball he's got the skill to capatalise on his movement and drive, a great target man in the prime of his career, its crazy that such a powerful asset is left sitting on the bench against a weak side like Gretna.  On this website we always talk about players with potential in Black, Cowie, Fraser, Munro, or any of them, at some point or other every ICT player seems to on the verge of becoming a superstar.  Well Bayne, in his position as center forward, doesnt have far to go, perhaps not a superstar ( :015: ) but he has to be as good now as anybody in his position in Scotland.

As much as everybody loves the theory of tippy tappy football its useless without some pace or physical strength to back it up (as Wilson proved on Saturday, Wyness and Nicolae wouldve spent all day watching that ball moving around without ever thinking to make the run Barry did) and Bayne can give us that.  It's a **** of alot easier to play through a crowded backline if youve got a man shoving the defender out of the way  :015:

I reckon that this is the ideal plan to give Bayne a run in the team - at the expense of Niculae  :crazy07:

Niculae is a class (or two) above Bayne in the technical sense but Bayne is a class (or four) above Marius when it comes to the identikit fer the Scottish game - endeavour, guts and pace. Bayne is the ideal forward to play away at the Hill of Dung and must be the totally ideal candidate for Castle Greyskull. He must be just bursting to show what he can do.

If he starts against Aberdeen then I think we will win.

Itll be an easy win at that, he'll give us some focus in attack that we sometimes lack without him, which makes defending all over the park easier.  Youre also guaranteed with Bayne that in a match that really should be lifeless and a bit sh1te, you'll see at least one player trying, which you would hope can pick the rest of the team up.. even if its just one move at a time!  Which should be enough to win this game about 3-0.

Nobody ever really complains when the penalty taker scores, but did Wyness not take a pretty poor penalty?

If the keeper had gone left it looked a guaranteed save : nice height for him, and placed half way between the middle of the goal and the post.

Or did Denzil just decide it was Tony Caig and it didn't matter where he put it?

The goalie went the wrong feckin way - does that not signify that there was something to do with the technique of the taker.  :017: :017: :017:

And at least he had the guts and confidence to take it - would have been an excellent opprtunity fer Marius to open his SPL account and make atone fer his bloomer at Hibs.  :023:

If he starts against Aberdeen then I think we will win.

Itll be an easy win at that, he'll give us some focus in attack that we sometimes lack without him, which makes defending all over the park easier.  Youre also guaranteed with Bayne that in a match that really should be lifeless and a bit sh1te, you'll see at least one player trying, which you would hope can pick the rest of the team up.. even if its just one move at a time!  Which should be enough to win this game about 3-0.

that'd be sweet, but given our track record a dodgy 1. 0 will give me just as much pleasure against that clunts