FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Aberdeen Game

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Here's what my line-up would be:

Fraser

Tokely                  Proctor                        Munro                Hastings

Wilson                                                                              Morgan

Cowie                                                                         

Niculae                                            Wyness

Bayne   

Subs: Malkowski, Black, Rankin, McBain, McGuire, McDonald/Brewster

Same as today definitely, as long as Blackie's fit. Last week's game against the Dons didn't give us any reason to think we can't beat them (unless you believe in jinxes) and there was no shortage of confidence in today's team performance. Just hope we don't defend so deep this time.

Here's what my line-up would be:

Fraser

Tokely                  Proctor                        Munro                Hastings

Wilson                                                                              Morgan

Cowie                                                                         

Niculae                                            Wyness

Bayne   

Subs: Malkowski, Black, Rankin, McBain, McGuire, McDonald/Brewster

So after our most emphatic win in the SPL drop 3 of the players and change formation?

I see  :017:

RiG, I take your point, however I suspect that there will be 2 or 3 changes to keep things fresh.

I suspect that Bayne will start (his physical presence works quite well against Aberdeen) plus a change to either or both the defense and midfield.

Given the nature of the game I do not see any more than two or three changes (and I expect Aberdeen to make a similar number of changes).

With Black being taken off injured I would suggest that he is the most likely one to be rested in the midfield and I think Proctor will feature in either RB or CB.

Guest TinCanFan

The reason I dropped a couple of players was really to stop a player getting injured that will be needed in the league because IMO I would rather see ICT do well in the league than in the CIS Cup.

Guest TinCanFan

If that is the case then I begin to wonder what the point in loaning in Steven Watt was, though from what I've seen Watt is far better than both McGuire and McCaffrey.

The reason I dropped a couple of players was really to stop a player getting injured that will be needed in the league because IMO I would rather see ICT do well in the league than in the CIS Cup.

Fair dos then. I honestly think though that this Aberdeen never win against them is a mental block we need to shift and we should go all out to, well, hammer them  :001:

I may be tempted to start Wilson ahead of McBain.  The only reason I say that is because I think Wilson offers a better link when attacking down the flanks.

I don't think Black will be a huge loss at present as I don't think he's been himself the last couple of games.  I don't know if that's because he's looking to be more of an attacking midfielder, but he seems to have lost that urge to breakdown and stop things in the middle they way we are used to seeing him do.

I might even be half tempted to drop Niculae back into his slot and start with Bayne and Wyness up front.

Normally I'd agree with this but this season I don't actually. After yesterday I'm more convinced than ever that we're in no danger of going down - Gretna are miles below anyone else and it doesn't look like Mileson's going to bail them out this time - but equally I don't think we've got much chance of a top 6 finish. Utd finally look like they're going places and I can see Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell (!) being the others beneath the old firm this season.

So, this is the season for concentrating on a trophy. Celtic and Rangers are looking a bit preoccupied by Europe and the closeness of their competition for the SPL and the CIS Cup is the least of their priorities. With the right attitude and our strongest and most settled team, we're capable of beating any of the other teams left in the competition. Those semis against Dundee and Dunfermline, frustrating and heartbreaking though they were, are still among my favourite memories as an ICT supporter. It's ages since I've felt a sense of occasion like that, and I want a bit more of it. 

Normally I'd agree with this but this season I don't actually. After yesterday I'm more convinced than ever that we're in no danger of going down - Gretna are miles below anyone else and it doesn't look like Mileson's going to bail them out this time - but equally I don't think we've got much chance of a top 6 finish. Utd finally look like they're going places and I can see Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell (!) being the others beneath the old firm this season.

So, this is the season for concentrating on a trophy. Celtic and Rangers are looking a bit preoccupied by Europe and the closeness of their competition for the SPL and the CIS Cup is the least of their priorities. With the right attitude and our strongest and most settled team, we're capable of beating any of the other teams left in the competition. Those semis against Dundee and Dunfermline, frustrating and heartbreaking though they were, are still among my favourite memories as an ICT supporter. It's ages since I've felt a sense of occasion like that, and I want a bit more of it.   

Well said.

Brewster will go for McBain and Duncan in the middle with Wilson on the left, Cowie on the right. I'd be absolutely amazed if he had any different line up. Would like to see John Rankin back for this one though...

When Marius scores again it will be critical. I hope he plays even as a substitute. This is his type of stage.

It took Dargo 10 or more games to score for the first team. Marius has missed a few because of the permit issue. He must be having a positive influence on Denzil.

Probably the last big moment for us in the CIS Cup was dumping Dunfermline out on penalties. Jimmy was the Manager then.

Guest TinCanFan

So what you're saying is, is that as other teams are busy doing other things ICT can sneak a trophy which would be their biggest ever.  I can see where you're coming from and are begining to agree.

Does anyone on here know what the odds are for ICT to win the CIS Cup this season?

When Marius scores again it will be critical. I hope he plays even as a substitute. This is his type of stage.

Don't worry Marius will score on Saturday, where did Dargo (and Prunty?) score his/their first SPL goal(s)?  :014:

Fer fecks sake - Marius was generally poor against Gretna. The team "clicked" when he departed. IMHO we have to play a strong side as we have to get to a major game again. Marius may be more effective at home but not in an away style which calls fer playing on the fast break. The central defence will be interesting as to who plays with Granty - I suspect that McGuire will be rested and that leaves a choice between Caff, Watt and Proctor - I would not be surprised if Brew goes with the latter - I would love to see Cowie get a run in central midfield but we have liitle to offer in cover on the right (Proctor!!). I would certainly go fer Bayne and Wyness up front - and even more so at Castle Greyskull. Marius may be more effective as a substitute away from home.