FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next transfer window

Proctor

Keane is atrocious! Have you seen his misses this season? A terrible player at this level.

If we can get most of the same squad re signed then I would like to see the defence strengthened. We have cover in the other areas but defence still seems light at times.

I've heard rumours one of the ICT strikers might be heading out on loan.

Did you see some of the misses Bayne missed last season... or Niculae missed at the start of the season?

He is still young with plenty to learn but he at least ticks a few of the boxes and would add something else to the squad

He has pace, SPL experience and would probably sit on the bench without running to the papers, where else are we going to find a player of that standard that we could afford?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're trying to offload a few, then I can't see many coming in.

It's only really defence, and maybe a keeper that needs strengthening (depending on what happens with Zibi...how long's his loan deal?). McGuire is presumably the main defensive target, but I wouldn't mind seing another 'utility' defender coming in.

Midfield is excellent, provided we keep them all.....I'm a bit worried about someone coming in for Blackie mind :007:

Up front we look fine.

With Caff as good as gone, signing McGuire is almost essential IMO.  If we lose both then we really are going to be stretched at the back.

We're ok in the middle so long as we don't lose anybody and it's the same up front.

I believe Zibi only had a loan deal until January, and with Ridgers coming back from Elgin then I can't see us going out of our way to extend his loan here.  Although I would like to see a more experienced keeper pushing Mike for his place to keep him on his toes.

I think we'll see a few cheeky bids coming in for players as other teams perhaps sell players on and have a bit of cash to spend.  News that Robson is set to leave Utd might see the Grocer coming in for Rankin or something like that.

Although not ideal, we could see out the season without bringing anyone else in at this stage (McGuire situation aside) and our #1 priority should be in keeping as much of the squad intact as possible and getting our players sorted on new contracts.

With Caff as good as gone, signing McGuire is almost essential IMO.  If we lose both then we really are going to be stretched at the back.

We're ok in the middle so long as we don't lose anybody and it's the same up front.

I believe Zibi only had a loan deal until January, and with Ridgers coming back from Elgin then I can't see us going out of our way to extend his loan here.  Although I would like to see a more experienced keeper pushing Mike for his place to keep him on his toes.

I think we'll see a few cheeky bids coming in for players as other teams perhaps sell players on and have a bit of cash to spend.  News that Robson is set to leave Utd might see the Grocer coming in for Rankin or something like that.

Although not ideal, we could see out the season without bringing anyone else in at this stage (McGuire situation aside) and our #1 priority should be in keeping as much of the squad intact as possible and getting our players sorted on new contracts.

With Ridgers signing at Elgin permanently... then a keeper now becomes a priority... maybe the club know something about the fat of Mark Brown if the UTD keeper joins Celtic :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TinCanFan

There's a guy who plays for Chivas USA called Brad Guzan.  He won the MLS Keeper of the Year last season and is currently training Celtic and if they don't want to sign him I would. 

There's a guy who plays for Chivas USA called Brad Guzan.  He won the MLS Keeper of the Year last season and is currently training Celtic and if they don't want to sign him I would. 

TCF, are you the alter ego of one of the other regular contributors to this site, on a wind up?