FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

England v Croatia

Johnboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :011: :011: :011: :011:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01: :blah01:

:sillywave: :sillywave: :sillywave: :sillywave: :sillywave: :sillywave: :sillywave:

i love you croatia

Justice was done in the end. Croatia were miles better than England.  I don't think I've ever seen such a soft penalty.  I don't think even that many England supporters would think they deserved a draw tonight.  They've been poor right through the qualifying stages, hugely flattered by a few 3-0 wins over poor opposition, and finally found out when the chips were down.  Bye bye McLaren, and I'm sure not many will miss him.

What a fantastic game of football, end to end stuff. Have Croatia never heard of the concept of defending a lead? It was as if they had Steve Paterson as manager. And the Croatia fans were magnificent.

Oh, and the word on the street is that it was actually Steve McLaren that sent out those Inland Revenue CDs.

McClaren will almost certainly loose his job now, what about the likes of Gerrard & Lampard How many tens of thousands of pounds a week are these two on, in my opinion they were failures again tonight.

Two points from the commentary team.

1. Someone mentioned that the players will be on their holidays next summer if this result stays the same, well on a ?100.000 + a week playing football for your country in close season gotta be a chore.

2. It took Hanson to point the finger at the big two in the middle, thank christ someone got the guts to talk out of line.

Guest Glen Mhor

Croatia were sheer class tonight. What a way to play football when they didn't really need to do anything much at all. Aye, I hope they really do well in Euro 2008. I'll be supporting them.

:021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021: :021:

What an entertaining game. England were just not good enough to hold on for the draw even after being thrown the lifeline of the softest of penalties.

Why do you think it was England didn't go on a lap of honour after coming so close to qualification  :003: :003: ?

McLaren is a clueless fool and the FA will regret signing him up to the job. He will never achieve anything more than finishing in the middle of the EPL - not good enough for England at International level. To have been thrown a lifeline by Israels result against Russia and then to balls it so spectacularly speaks volumes of his managerial ability.

Beyond their firxt XI, which is very good indeed, England have a derth of talent. Wayne Bridge and SWP just aren't good enough.

England were apparently seeded top of their group as well and this atrocious failure will have to cost McLaren his job.

FA chairman Geoff Thompson said: "Like every England fan, we are all bitterly disappointed that we have failed to qualify for Euro 2008, and I know Steve feels that disappointment more than anyone.

"Of course we have no divine right to play in major tournaments, but it is quite right that qualification is expected.

I am really disappointed that Croatia made a fight of it last night and even more disappointed that Andorra once again put up a poor show. Pub teams should not be allowed to play in this tournament.?

Glad they didnt qualify when it got back to 2-2 i thought they were gonna fluke it through

Seriously though this is not all McClarens fault. The players have to take alot of the blame. They had no passion they looked like they didnt care. There's the usual crap about to many foreign players in the EPL that they get paid to much money but ultimately its the same in Italy, Spain and Germany yet there is never a lack of passion there. When Italy played Scotland their players sang their national anthem with real passion while last night Englands players mumbled tunelessly when the cameras went past. McClaren was tactically inept but the players and the media made his job extremely difficult.

Its the taking part that counts though eh McClaren :rotflmao:

Guest pompeyjags

as much as it pains me to say it, im glad we didnt qualify last night...  there was so much talk leadin up to the game bout how we needed experience in the line up then maclaren goes and plays scott carson and SWP.  and as much as i know people wont agree with me, for a while at least, david beckham coming on changed the team and gave them a huge lift, at least he was out there playing like he wanted to be there unlike the other over-paid players (lampard etc)

mind u that was some strike by petric for the third. lol oh and why cant kranjcar score like that every week???

At least we can now look forward to a summer of not listening to those clowns of so called experts mouthing off about England this and England that. Maybe this time around we may actually enjoy the Euro' Championships...then again we'll probably get them drivelling on about "if England had qualified....blah blah".

Isn't it a shame though than non of the home International sides have qualified for this competition.