FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Phil O'Donnell

Ritchie Sacramento

Very very sad news indeed.

I heard on the radio that he had had a seizure of some kind, but that he had regained consciousness before being taken to hospital.  I just assumed he would be fine. I got a real shock when I heard the news at 6.30.

Thought to all his family and friends.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy yesterday....................just picked up the paper.

Unbelievably tragic for Phil's family, friends and everyone connected with Scottish football. I enjoyed watching him.................in this age of cliche and sound bite, he truly was a model professional and a credit to his sport. R.I.P.

RIP.  Sad Loss of a model pro.

Thoughts are with his family and it's especially sickening for something like this to happen at this time of year.

David Clarkson, his nephew, got taken off shortly after aswell coz he was worried about him. Its a sin aswel that hes left bhind 4 young kids.

:007:

It's just absolutely tragic!

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.  My heart just goes out to them!

From what they are saying on Sky Sports News, the sub was a tactical one, he hadn't even signalled he wanted to come off, all very sudden.

God Bless

PB's

A excellent professional who will be sadly missed from the game. I salute the SPL for their quick action in cancelling the games. My heartfelt sympathy goes to the club, players and the fans of Motherwell, but most of all my thoughts are with his family at such a devestating time.

Phil O'Donnell RIP

Are ALL games cancelled on wed?

BBC says the other 4 are on.

I understand where his family and Motherwell FC are coming from, but its a shame, the Celtic game would have been the perfect tribute to him.

I think it is right to postpone v Celtic. Its just too soon for the Motherwell players to get back to playing ways. I wouldn't even imagine they'll be on the training ground this week.

When did this idea come about in he first place? It seems like a cop out to me.....was it's original intention to drown out those idiots incapable of showing respect through silence for just a minute?

Unfortunately these days there's no shortage disrespectful idiots....

Having said that - a minute's silence (hopefully) would still be my preferred option...

You can shed tears that he is gone,

or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,

or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,

or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,

or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him only that he is gone,

or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,

be empty and turn your back.

Or you can do what he'd want:

smile, open your eyes, love and go on.?

0,,10292~3366456,00.jpg  RIP