FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russell Duncan.....

maimie

If true, i would be dissappointed to see him leave, has been a great servant to the club and despite many fans being overly critical of his play i do feel that some people are not realising his worth to the team and i think he would be a big loss

Kind of 'cross-posting' here but on the "McGuire rejects Caley" thread, LG has wondered if current contract negotiation problems are part of the "Marius effect" and it would appear that this is may be the case ......

Cutting through the rights and wrongs of what Marius is on and the whole debate surrounding it which we have already done to death, I would have to say I would support a get tough policy by the club.

Firstly we should review the wage structure at the club. I am not sure what it currently is but we all had a fair idea that it was between 500 and 1000 p/w a few years ago. That is probably not realistic now.

Now that we are pretty much an established mid to lower half of the table SPL side we should have our wages reflect that. I would still support the ethos of a decent basic wage, topped up with performance bonuses. If the players do well they earn more, and that additional financial burden is offset by the fact that doing better means we are further up the table and get a bigger payout from the SPL .... a fiscally prudent approach ... "we make more, you get paid more"

We should not be paying players anything outwith the wage budget unless a sponsor is prepared to foot that bill. That would allow the likes of Marius to attract a higher wage, and maybe even others, but players can be shown quite easily that the basic wages are within the same structure. it should be transparent.

If a player doesnt like it, then they should read the comments of Steve Paterson today in the P&J ..... CLICK

"Every season there was a steady stream of players who were lured away. It is a nightmare for any manager, but it's part of the job and we just had to get on with it." - Steve Paterson

From Inverness Courier Online...

"As well as targeting new faces, Caley Thistle will begin talks this week with out of contract players such as forward Dennis Wyness and midfielder Russell Duncan in a bid to extend their contracts beyond the conclusion of the current SPL campaign.

"Our plan is to speak to the players who are out of contract this week to see where we are going," added Bennett. "Fortunately, the large majority of the squad is already signed up, so we only have a few players to talk too."

I wonder why they have left it so late in the day to start talks?? espeically now with the transfer window open!!

Same article also says a second bid for Rankin has been turned down this week

LINK

Guest Aboynamedsue

to leave??  :010: :007: :007:

been fantastic for us this season - a real shame if he does...

Aye unless you can give us your source Maime then i'd shove this into Rumour mill !

I'm with Kingsmills & Kencar. Why leave it so late to start negotiations? I wouldn't want to see Duncan leave. Sure his passing can be at times very poor but he does do the unattractive job of breaking up opposition attacks and stifling their midfield.

In fact, I play a very similar role to Duncan when I play and my passing is also garbage. And when I score, albeit rarely, they are usually belters.

In all fairness I think Russell Duncan is the only player we should be concerned about losing. I'd be surprised if another team came in for Rossco or Wyness.

Who knows though, perhaps Plymouth will offer silly money much like they did with Chris Clark? 200k bid  :rotflmao:

P&J today says that talks with Duncan, Wyness & Tokely over new contracts will begin next week!  :017:

I do not understand why you only start talks with important players two weeks after the transfer window opens !!!

P&J today says that talks with Duncan, Wyness & Tokely over new contracts will begin next week!  :017:

I do not understand why you only start talks with important players two weeks after the transfer window opens !!!

Well....

That's if the P&J are to be believed....  :024:

Who knows though, perhaps Plymouth will offer silly money much like they did with Chris Clark? 200k bid  :rotflmao:

What a ridiculous bid. Apparently they wanted Hart and Clark for just under ?400k. The Hart bid was accepted but the Clark half was rejected. Hart was meant to be going for ?200k but rejected terms (rumoured to have anyway)so it was roughly the same for Clark who is rotten.