FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stone wall 3 points

Dmacca

Morning all just wondered how confident everybody is of getting our second win of 2008 today?

What would be the significance of a loss?

Would there be any, or would the club take it on the chin and stay with the status quo?

A loss is out of the question. I don't think a win will have any significance. Let's face it, a double-header against Gretna as our only wins in 2008 isn't going to satisfy anyone.

:007:

To be fair to Brew, he can't really win today.

No-one expects anything but a comfortable three points, so even if we stuck four past them like the last Fir Park game (that was fun, especially when we started ole-ing Gretna in the last 10 minutes) he and the team won't get much credit.

If we don't win, or somehow lose, the knives will be out again.

So lets just hope for a professional job and a decent performance to take back up the road.

Guest birdog

There's never a stone wall 3 points in football!  I can see Gretna taking something from us today, I hope they do so that brew has to go! :sillywave:

I thought the same thing, for all of 20 seconds, but then decided that no matter how bad things get I could never seriously hope for ICT to do anything other than win regardless of match importance. No matter if dropping points would ensure Brewster's departure from the club.

There's never a stone wall 3 points in football!  I can see Gretna taking something from us today, I hope they do so that brew has to go! :sillywave:

Even if we did lose today, I'm quite sure Brewster will be here for the rest of this season, and probably for all of next season too....

He'll certainly be here as long as Savage & Grassa are here...

If Gretna are shutting shop after today then we'll only have 5 games left  :rolleyes02:

I really hope Aberdeen dont get top 6 then we can have another crack at them & one last exciting game to end the season  :023:

If Gretna shut shop after today then we'll lose points and only have 4 games left. They have to play their game on wed night.

Brew will not walk if we lose today. The board believe he needs to build a new team and are backing him with funds so I'd say he'll be here till Christmas to prove himself.

I thought the same thing, for all of 20 seconds, but then decided that no matter how bad things get I could never seriously hope for ICT to do anything other than win regardless of match importance. No matter if dropping points would ensure Brewster's departure from the club.

We dont always agree but I am 100% with Birdog on this one.

besides .... no such thing as a stonewaller when you have SPL referees involved.

If Gretna are shutting shop after today then we'll only have 5 games left  :rolleyes02:

I really hope Aberdeen dont get top 6 then we can have another crack at them & one last exciting game to end the season  :023:

If Gretna shut shop after today then we'll lose points and only have 4 games left. They have to play their game on wed night.

Brew will not walk if we lose today. The board believe he needs to build a new team and are backing him with funds so I'd say he'll be here till Christmas to prove himself.

OOps my mistake 4 games left after today

It would be an embarrassment if we lose to a team of Sea Cadets, Boy Scouts or whatever they are

SO i say      MON THE CALEY  ;D ;D ;D

Gretna are a team with nothing to lose and the players are playing for nothing but face.  I hope none of our players (or manager) are going in to this one thinking it will be a walkover as you can be sure they will come at us all guns blazing.

2-1 is hardly a result to shout about against a lowly team like Grenta (no disrespect to them intended).

I listened to the game on the radio, and even the commentator seemed baffled as to how we were not 4 or 5 up in the first 10 minutes - and I DON'T blame Wyness.

Wyness has been given his chance to shine, and proved he still has an eye for the target. One of his chances was a waste, granted, but the others seemed to be just excellent saves from Flemming. And it wasn't just Wyness... Wilson, Paatelinen and Imrie were also guilty of squadering excellent chances - 4 players who have all deserved a much fairer spell in the side before today!!! (I would love to see all the chances on scotsport come monday though).

The defence still seems shaky. McGuire and Hastings forever leaving gaps and only getting credit for cleaning up miistakes from eachother.

I expected nothing less than at least 4 or 5 goals from us today... a squad of mostly first team regulars against a team made up of 'sea cadets and boyscouts' - it's embarrasing!!!

(apologies for the rant, yet i dont think people should now be crawling back behind brewster on the back of a 2-1 away win at relegated Gretna in front of the lowest EVER crowd.)