FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who were the last 10 man team to beat the old firm Champions during the season?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Guest Aboynamedsue

Aye  Fantastic day that  :021: :021: :021: Got to be the number one highlight of the season

Remember Hearts doing it a long time ago, pretty sure George Miller was either carried off with a broken leg (no subs in them days) or sent off but Hearts won 3-2 as well I think, must have been in the seventies.

Surely someone has done it since then.

No one has answered my question - maybe Charlie Bannerman has the answer. Who was the last team before ICT to beat the Champions with 10 men (for most of the second half)?

There was a renowned occasion many, many years ago (although i don't know if Rangers were champions or not) when Ayr United beat Rangers with 10 men. this prompted an Ayr supporting minister the following day to enter his pulpit and adresss his congregation with the opening gambit of

"Auld Ayr wham ne'er a toon surpasses,

Ten men against eleven lassies."

(It's a parody of a quote from Tam O'Shanter if you're not sure where it came from.)

It's also worth remarking that if Rangers had won the title, it could have been said that Caley Thistle would have played a big part in it, losing (unlike the previous season) to Rangers three times and also beating Celtic. On the other hand if Celtic had taken it on goal difference, a certain 5-0 would have contributed generously to that.

Joe,

Don't give up your day job to become a spin doctor!!! This thread is about a feelgood factor. OK Skippy ran in front of Procter (who earlier had scored a great goal) but in the 67th minute with still 23 minutes of normal time the diddy team went down to 10 men because of Skippys skill(Malcolm was probably asleep at the time he was sent off). Unlike Motherwell, who were not 2-0 down and being crushed by the mighty Celtic, the diddy team fought back against all odds and finally its goal keeper produced the save of the season. ...need I go on to justify trying to wipe away gloom and doom and sow seeds to generate the roots for next season?