FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MARIUS WATCH

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows that he worked his socks off with poor support. This was the night Mutu took on the world and lost and Romania somehow snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. But let's not forget they had far more determination to get there than England. The service to Marius was very poor. He played nearly 90 minutes in the tournament whilst big Yan Vennegoor of Humperdinck is just a bench warmer for Holland.

Or should I say Mariush? After all the commentators referring to him as Mariush I think Sean Connery should make a comeback with his new Assistant. Take another bow Mariush, you did Inverness and the SPL proud.

Looks like the Romanian tactics were get the ball to Mutu and let him keep it until the defenders take it off him.  Numerous occasions where Mutu should have fed in one of the other forwards (including Mariushhh) but the greedy sod kept running into a cul de sac.  Get Mutu out and let the other guys play for each other.  I felt sorry for Mariushhh, shorry, Marius, as they kept the ball away from him and he hardly touched the ball.  His half time stats showed he did plenty of leg work.........but strikers also need the ball to go with that and therein lies the Romanians failings.  Holland deserved to win and for Romania read ICT, too little too late.

I for one am delighted to have seen an ICT player playing in the top European tournament and to see him rubbing shoulders with some of the best footballers in the world is just magnificent.  It's not his fault he was not allowed to shine, take a bow Mr Mutu, you have ruined your countries chances of progressing, penalty miss and all.

Notice his (Marius) speed stats were a top speed of 23.86 (kph I Presume) and he covered 7866m in his 58 minutes, (faster than Van Persie)

No surprise that Robben was fastest at 30.89

I think tmftj got it right re Romania's tactics, and their 'superstar', Mutu, let them down, big time.  Not a lot our man could have done with so little of the ball, but what he did do, I thought he did OK, and was a little unlucky to get hooked after an hour.

I'd just like to thank Marius for giving me, and I'm sure hundreds of other ICT fans, an interest in this tournament.  It has been like watching a Scotland campaign, so near but yet so far.  I even had the same feeling of nervousness and anticipation before Romania's matches, and to see Marius yesterday lining up at the start singing their National Anthem, brought the same feeling of pride I get watching Scotland.

Thanks again, Marius, and I hope we have the priviledge of seeing you in an ICT shirt for some time to come.

I'd just like to thank Marius for giving me, and I'm sure hundreds of other ICT fans, an interest in this tournament.  It has been like watching a Scotland campaign, so near but yet so far.  I even had the same feeling of nervousness and anticipation before Romania's matches, and to see Marius yesterday lining up at the start singing their National Anthem, brought the same feeling of pride I get watching Scotland.

Thanks again, Marius, and I hope we have the priviledge of seeing you in an ICT shirt for some time to come.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Couldn't agree more with what you say. Not a single person can begrudge him his appearance either (apart from Florin Bratu maybe). He has worked tremendously hard to get where he has despite some posts to the contrary on here.

He really couldn't have done much more last night. He was obviously being asked to play a specific role and that was hold it up so Nicolita, Mutu and Cocis could get running off him. The problem was tha Romania couldn't get the ball and any time they they did that wee girl Mutu tried to take on the world by himself. He is the most frustrating player I've watched in a long time and reminds me of a 10 year old in his school team. The head is down and teammates are ignored, when possession is then lost he stands about sulking. In all honesty I think Romania may have been better off without him last night as he seemed to be a hindrance more than a help.

Marius certainly didn't look out of place and if only some of the Romanian crossing had been of an acceptable standard he may have got a better sniff of goal. I think it's been fantastic to have him here and here's to a great season in 2008/09.

If anyone heard the telephone interview with Marius tonight on Grampian they would know this thread needs updating.

Marius is not interested in any talk of transfers at present because he is getting ready for his imminent nuptials. I wonder how this will be recognised on the front page of this website? Maybe it's time for a Richard Hastings flag. Anyway that's Marius knackered for pre-season training then!

Marius is not interested in any talk of transfers at present because he is getting ready for his imminent nuptials. I wonder how this will be recognised on the front page of this website?

LOL - we will have to think about that ..... and as for celebrating Richard ..... we will be delighted to do that for any player of ICT's who gets to a major championship !

Marius has won me a fiver.  It may only be a fiver but its a sweet fiver.  A Celtic fan bet me that Vennegoor of Hesselink would score more than Marius and if neither scored he reckoned VoH would get more playing time...

Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic FC) : 0 goals, 8 mins played (v's Romania).

Marius Niculae (Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC) : 0 goals, 71 mins played (59 v's Netherlands + 12 v's France).

Thanks Marius!  :001: :clapping03: