FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mars Bars - Can You "Believe" It?

A96

Mars Bars are now called "Believe" Bars. Every Time you buy one you will be registering your belief that England will do us all proud and win the World Cup.

Respect to our English friends and fellow ICT supporters - but could you really see Mars Plc doing that if Scotland were the only UK country to qualify for the World Cup?

Question: Will you now be buying more or less Mars Bars now that you know the significance of each purchase?

Check out http://www.marsbelieve.com

Mars are already aware the sales in Scotland are plummeting, so after some consultation North of the Border they have given Scotland their own re-branding for the world cup supporting chocolate bar.

3_maarsebars_1.jpg

Kingsmills, you could always get the Lidl immitation Mars bars instead. Not quite the real thing, I admit, but it's the principle that counts.

The most famous Mar bar rumour is one that involved Marianne Faithfull and Mick Jagger enjoying a rather special picnic. She denies it

Well, she would, wouldn't she?

Mind you I think the good old titheids from the Met made that one up TBH.

Guest kingkojak

I'm sure in Scotland it is to do with us bidding to hold the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 2010.

shower of lying barstewards! feckin chancers - they'll come up with any old feckin excuse to pawn us off to buying their delicious English themed chocolate

I have to admit I am sure that I have seen a Mars advert with one of their bars in front of a huge Scotland flag saying Believe as well so they aren't just focusing in on England.