FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Rangers : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where were the crosses and set pieces?

We don't spend the time in practice sessions going over them.

Surely even if we dont practise it, it could still be a tactic?

I saw 1 good cross from us in the whole game and we nearly scored. We had one free kick i can remember just outside the box but couldnt beat the wall.

More of them means more chances. More chance of scoring.

Surely even if we dont practise it, it could still be a tactic?

I saw 1 good cross from us in the whole game and we nearly scored. We had one free kick i can remember just outside the box but couldnt beat the wall.

More of them means more chances. More chance of scoring.

It comes down to the six P's. :rotflmao:

Prior Planning Prevents P!ss Poor Performance.

Fair point about the crossing. Against Dundee United we punted the ball up the middle of the park all day and Wilkie and Kenneth loved it. We got the ball wide once and Cowie sent in a wonderful cross for Rooney to tuck away. Why don't we play with our wide men more often? We seem to have no other tactic apart from lump it up through the middle and see what happens.

Fair point about the crossing. Against Dundee United we punted the ball up the middle of the park all day and Wilkie and Kenneth loved it. We got the ball wide once and Cowie sent in a wonderful cross for Rooney to tuck away. Why don't we play with our wide men more often? We seem to have no other tactic apart from lump it up through the middle and see what happens.

Rig, I would agree with your above comments on the DU game but having rewatched Sundays match, we played a lot of passing movements which came off in the first half but in the second half, tiredness/ loss of concentration/heads down meant that we did not find our men and the interceptions put Rangers into a forceful position so often but we were still trying to pass the ball. Black is a good passer of the ball and with his waygoing we did lose some 'dig' in my opinion!

Our wide men are usually on their wrong foot meaning the tactic is to go through the middle. Can't understand it myself, especially with only one up.

And why did the players look so tired? Isn't fitness everything with Brew?

Rig, I would agree with your above comments on the DU game but having rewatched Sundays match, we played a lot of passing movements which came off in the first half but in the second half, tiredness/ loss of concentration/heads down meant that we did not find our men and the interceptions put Rangers into a forceful position so often but we were still trying to pass the ball. Black is a good passer of the ball and with his waygoing we did lose some 'dig' in my opinion!

I thought we played some nice stuff but still seemed to reliant on blootering the ball up the park more often than not. I did miss the first 20 minutes though so there might have been more passing then.

As I've said before, it's frustrating because when we pass it we play really well and do create chances but we seem to hurry the ball up the park and get it away from the back as quickly as possible. No one seems willing to take the ball down and retain it sadly.

that was a horrible game to watch imo, not just from a football sense but just the looking at the evidence that brewster has succeeded in destroying a team that i would always fancy to beat anyone on their day. i now expect only to lose. cheers brewster

gtf

Turning a defender or puting him on the back foot are key elements to creating scoring chances. And although against Rangers we didnt hoof it high towards Weir and Bougerra it was consistently passed to feet beside them with only Barrowman trying to compete. He didnt have a hope in hell of getting any change from this.

I thought maybe Barrowman is **** poor but if thats what he's given to feed off every game, then he's fighting a losing battle, EVERY GAME.

Our wide men are usually on their wrong foot meaning the tactic is to go through the middle. Can't understand it myself, especially with only one up.

And why did the players look so tired? Isn't fitness everything with Brew?

The best chance we had all game was when McBain got past Papac on his wrong foot and crossed it for the Vigurs header

IMO the looked more demoralised, no wonder after being the better team for 45 mins only to come out the second half, make one mistake and get punished by a world class goal

I can understand everyone is taking potshots at Brew whenever possible but I have no qualms with Sunday's performance.. we had a good game plan that was working up until we lost a goal and then we had to chase the game. The 2 things I questioned when I saw the starting line up were why McBain on the right and Proctor in at centre half again but McBain was probably our MOM and Proctor's pace made Miller totally ineffectual for Rangers, so much so he was the first player to get hooked

Tokely was abysmal.... worst performance I've seen from a player in a long time

I can understand everyone is taking potshots at Brew whenever possible but I have no qualms with Sunday's performance..

The guys were always going to up for a game like that... with or without Brew..

The problem is.... does he have what it takes to get them fired up for the likes of the Hamilton game?

I can understand everyone is taking potshots at Brew whenever possible but I have no qualms with Sunday's performance..

The problem is.... does he have what it takes to get them fired up for the likes of the Hamilton game?

Fair comment although remember we were utterly humiliated at Ibrox so the team probably required some guidance and a few pep talks

But some posters on here seem to suggest that Brew has lost the dressing room judging by that performance.... we were extremely well organised in the first half, which if anything tells me they were complying with everything Brew was asking from them

second half we had to open up to get back into the game and Smith made an excellent sub by bringing Burke on to exploit the spaces in the midfield

I was gutted that we didn't get a goal at least because I believe we deserved that much

Guest Cliffy

Fair comment although remember we were utterly humiliated at Ibrox so the team probably required some guidance and a few pep talks

But some posters on here seem to suggest that Brew has lost the dressing room judging by that performance.... we were extremely well organised in the first half, which if anything tells me they were complying with everything Brew was asking from them

second half we had to open up to get back into the game and Smith made an excellent sub by bringing Burke on to exploit the spaces in the midfield

I was gutted that we didn't get a goal at least because I believe we deserved that much

Amen to that, Harry!