FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust Meeting

CaleyD

CaleyD/Scotty, if the trust members don't have an online media for communications other than email could CTO not allow them a password protected forum? (for a nominal fee of course)

We could certainly setup a password controlled or members only forum for them on here if they wish. Dont think either myself or Don would have a problem with that and it only takes minutes to setup ..... as for the fee ..... free of charge nominal enough ?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Scotty, that sounds like a good idea. Once we have our new site up and running we could look at somehow linking the two and a dedicated board on the forum might me a good way to do. I'll mention it at our meeting tonight. (Well if I get a chance that is, it's looking like a pretty busy night ahead)

There is one thing I would like to clear up - The purpose of the meeting on Wednesday night is not to get Brewster the sack, it is to speak to our members and fellow shareholders about how they would like us to proceed. We have met as a board and have our own ideas, but we felt it important that we seek a wider opinion before going back to the board of the football club with some questions and possibly suggestions for improvement.

We have our scheduled board meeting tonight, so I'm sure this will be our main agenda item. We are very conscious that as a board we have to reflect the views of our members and this seems the best way to do it.

I look forward to seeing some of you on Wednesday night.

Cheers Scotty, that sounds like a good idea. Once we have our new site up and running we could look at somehow linking the two and a dedicated board on the forum might me a good way to do. I'll mention it at our meeting tonight. (Well if I get a chance that is, it's looking like a pretty busy night ahead)

There is one thing I would like to clear up - The purpose of the meeting on Wednesday night is not to get Brewster the sack, it is to speak to our members and fellow shareholders about how they would like us to proceed. We have met as a board and have our own ideas, but we felt it important that we seek a wider opinion before going back to the board of the football club with some questions and possibly suggestions for improvement.

We have our scheduled board meeting tonight, so I'm sure this will be our main agenda item. We are very conscious that as a board we have to reflect the views of our members and this seems the best way to do it.

I look forward to seeing some of you on Wednesday night.

The Trust Board's statement of 26/12/08 on their website seems to me to suggest that they do want Brewster sacked.

However, the whole board of the Supporters' Trust regrettably feels that the time has come for a change in team management. We are worried by what they have seen on the pitch, the club's proximity to the bottom of the table, apparent low morale, and no sign of a turn around in fortunes. Last Saturday's defeat to Aberdeen further strengthened these concerns.

Anyway if the result of the meeting is that a majority do indeed want Brewster sacked what are the options available to the trust?

The statement dated 26/12 is the view of the Trust Board, but it may not be the view of the Trust Members.

Whilst the Board have the power to act and represent the Trust as they see fit, I think it only responsible that they call this meeting to gauge if the views of the members match their own. These, IMO, are the actions of a board that actually do give consideration to it's membership...a stark contrast the the "we're the board and will do what we like" attitude that seems to be emanating from the stadium.

As to what options are available to the Trust?....there's many paths which could be taken as a result of the meeting, but I don't think we should try and pre-empt what they might be, certainly not before it can be established what the views and wishes of the members might be. There's also the fact that whilst the Trusts 10%+ share/voting right does give them certain options, it does narrow other options, and I can only assume that shareholders have been invited to the meeting to gauge their views and possibly to increase the options available, not just to the Trust on their own, but to the shareholders as a whole.

Guest Spectre

The Trust, as a significant shareholder, ought to be careful about what it says. It is not in fact the place of company shareholders to campaign publicly for the dismissal of an employee.

The club Board is simply, IMO, doing what it has to do - conducting its business in private.

The Trust, as a significant shareholder, ought to be careful about what it says. It is not in fact the place of company shareholders to campaign publicly for the dismissal of an employee.

The club Board is simply, IMO, doing what it has to do - conducting its business in private.

But not conducting it in a pro-active way though which is why we, the customers are being vocal.

I don't see the trust making any public campaign for anything. The board have given a view, just as David F Sutherland (Tullochs), a shareholder, was on TV and gave his view...and even went so far as to publicly attack the opinions of the Trust Board.

As to what does or doesn't happen at the meeting among the Trust and other shareholders....that's a private meeting, so they can discuss as they please, and if they wish to invite other shareholders and seek their opinion then that is entirely up to them.

Bennett becomes the latest participant in Trust bashing.

Link

Bennett is unsure of the trust?s motives but feels the meeting has the potential to do more harm than good for the club. He said: ?The supporters? trust is a body which was set up with the backing of the club and we have engaged in dialogue with them regularly. We are all disappointed with the recent results but a meeting to discuss the club?s future sounds as if they want to add to the problems to me. Right now what the club needs is everyone pulling together as we look to move away from the bottom of the SPL.?

Bennett becomes the latest participant in Trust bashing.

Link

Bennett is unsure of the trust's motives but feels the meeting has the potential to do more harm than good for the club. He said: "The supporters' trust is a body which was set up with the backing of the club and we have engaged in dialogue with them regularly. We are all disappointed with the recent results but a meeting to discuss the club's future sounds as if they want to add to the problems to me. Right now what the club needs is everyone pulling together as we look to move away from the bottom of the SPL."

?We need to get out of our predicament as quickly as possible and everyone at the club, from the manager down to the players, needs to improve. We have the second half of the season to come and we must do better.?

No responsibility above Brewster then, or maybe like Brewster and Malky they've been "managing the club like they have been all season".

Bennett is unsure of the trust?s motives but feels the meeting has the potential to do more harm than good for the club. He said: ?The supporters? trust is a body which was set up with the backing of the club and we have engaged in dialogue with them regularly. We are all disappointed with the recent results but a meeting to discuss the club?s future sounds as if they want to add to the problems to me. Right now what the club needs is everyone pulling together as we look to move away from the bottom of the SPL.?

Sounds as if you want the job without accountability, Mr Bennett.

What Sutherland (Tullochs) and Grassa are up to is called "propaganda". They think it suits them better to portray tomorrow night as a "protest meeting" because they are of the belief that there's insufficient support among the fans/shareholders to put any real pressure on them for change and that most people won't support the meeting if that's the case.

Grassa himself is a member of the Supporters Trust, I wonder if he will be in attendance to make his views known?

I'm personaly devistated that I can't attend this meeting as I work Wednesday nights and have tried to get off but failed, but I want everyone to know I support what you are all doing and will hope to participate in future action. I hope somebody posts results/a summary of the meeting on here so when I finish I know whats happned.

Thanks.

What Sutherland (Tullochs) and Grassa are up to is called "propaganda". They think it suits them better to portray tomorrow night as a "protest meeting" because they are of the belief that there's insufficient support among the fans/shareholders to put any real pressure on them for change and that most people won't support the meeting if that's the case.

Grassa himself is a member of the Supporters Trust, I wonder if he will be in attendance to make his views known?

Presumably as the club's largest shareholder, David Sutherland will have been invited, and will be intending to grace this meeting with his presence?

Guest Spectre

Presumably as the club's largest shareholder, David Sutherland will have been invited, and will be intending to grace this meeting with his presence?

It's not a shareholder meeting! It's a meeting being held by one of the shareholders who has said others are free to come along.

If the Trust wanted to have a shareholder meeting, then there's a laid down procedure for that by calling an Extra-ordinary General Meeting (usually requires a specific number of votes).

The Directors run the company (i.e. club). If the shareholders don't like the way they run it they can vote to change the Directors.

It's not a shareholder meeting! It's a meeting being held by one of the shareholders who has said others are free to come along.

If the Trust wanted to have a shareholder meeting, then there's a laid down procedure for that by calling an Extra-ordinary General Meeting (usually requires a specific number of votes).

The Directors run the company (i.e. club). If the shareholders don't like the way they run it they can vote to change the Directors.

Surely the meeting is being held by the Supporters trust?

At least that was my understanding when I saw this press release/advertisement..

PRESS RELEASE ISSUED ON BEHALF OF

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE SUPPORTERS TRUST

30/12/08

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust to call an emergency meeting with ICT Shareholders

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust are to call an emergency meeting of our members next week with all club shareholders also invited to attend. This is in view of the crisis which we believe is......

I'd still be interested to know if Mr Sutherland is likely to attend...

Edited by Johnboy

Surely the meeting is being held by the Supporters trust?

At least that was my understanding when I saw this press release/advertisement..

PRESS RELEASE ISSUED ON BEHALF OF

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE SUPPORTERS TRUST

30/12/08

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust to call an emergency meeting with ICT Shareholders

Inverness Caledonian Thistle Supporters Trust are to call an emergency meeting of our members next week with all club shareholders also invited to attend. This is in view of the crisis which we believe is......

He's certainly invited. All shareholders are invited. I hope he attends and I'll let him know exactly what I think of him.

Guest Spectre

I think this is a bit misleading. The emergency meeting is for the Trust, but shareholders are "welcome" to attend. A meeting of the shareholders is a different thing altogether and has all sorts of legal requirements (notice periods, quorums etc.) attached to it.

I'm guessing no!

Lets not get bogged down here ........

The Supporters Trust board meet once a month and obviously (like the rest of us) have concerns over recent performances. Those concerns can be seen by the contents of their two most recent press releases. They now want to bring a wider selection of their existing members into the debate and see what those members would like them to do next or what the "mood" of their membership is. Nothing sinister, stupid or irresponsible in that. Its simply a case of "We are concerned ... are you? If so, how would you like us to handle this going forward ?"

There may well be calls from the floor for Brewster's head, there may be calls for the resignation of others, that is in the hands of the members attending, but given that the Trust has a 10% voting right, and also owns more than 10,000 additional shares, and likely has proxies from many other shareholders, then the invitation to attend that was extended to shareholders also seems quite sensible because it would allow the Trust Board to gauge their opinions too and see whether there is any broad based appetite for shareholder action. This action could be something as small as a further press release backed by many small shareholders asking the board to reconsider their current position and share their concerns or it could go to the other end of the scale and be a call for a vote of no confidence in the current board, or it could be something in the middle.

At the end of the day this meeting could go in any direction - its up to the fans attending to be open and honest and say what they believe and what they would like to happen. No vitriol, no sneakiness, no payback for grudges held, no ulterior motives ... just speak from the heart about what you believe is in the best interests of ICTFC.

Just a wee reminder that the meeting is tonight. People can join the Trust on the night.

Do remember, if you are going, that good order at the meeting is vitally important. It must not be a shouting match. People will inevitably want to express different views and must be able to do so without being heckled.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Is paypal available?

Will there be minutes available for members who couldnt attend?

Paypal is in the process of being set up, I'll let you know as soon as it's available. A note of the meeting will be available following the meeting.