FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FAO those who think it is too late

Guest birdog

Perhaps it is too late to get a new man in to build a new team this season but surely you must agree that there is plenty of time to get someone in who can use the team we have to their potential?

Perhaps it is too late to get a new man in to build a new team this season but surely you must agree that there is plenty of time to get someone in who can use the team we have to their potential?

Perhaps there is time but there is definelty not "plenty of time"

I don't think it's too late but in another month or so it will be.

True, a bad choice of wording by myself. I just meant to convey the idea that it's not too late. Those claiming that we are out of time now give credence to the boards stubborn stance of keeping Brewster at the helm even though we are so close to foundering.

Edited by birdog

True, a bad choice of wording by myself. I just meant to convey the idea that it's not too late. Those claiming that we are out of time now give credence to the boards stubborn stance of keeping Brewster at the helm even though we are so close to floundering.

Birdog while I am now at the stage of thinking we are probably going down, I totally agree with you that if we get a new manager he might, just might be able to get us out of this mess. Thing is the job is now probably less attractive to potential candidates as it was a month or so ago.

Birdog while I am now at the stage of thinking we are probably going down, I totally agree with you that if we get a new manager he might, just might be able to get us out of this mess. Thing is the job is now probably less attractive to potential candidates as it was a month or so ago.

That's going to be more and more of an issue with every passing week.

John Robertson has an agreement with Orion, that he would be free to leave if the offer of a manager's job was to come up. I think it would make sense for him to be taken on NOW as a caretaker boss until the end of the season, then go through a proper selection process (with Robbo putting his hat in the ring)

He might, just might give the players a badly needed lift that would see them scramble enough points to stay in the SPL....

:rotflmao: :018: ;) :thumb04:

John Robertson has an agreement with Orion, that he would be free to leave if the offer of a manager's job was to come up. I think it would make sense for him to be taken on NOW as a caretaker boss until the end of the season, then go through a proper selection process (with Robbo putting his hat in the ring)

He might, just might give the players a badly needed lift that would see them scramble enough points to stay in the SPL....

The crunch games are behind us. With a new man we have a hope but no more than that. A few good results even less than a month ago and we'd have a good chance.

Starchief I am not sso ure - there are 11 games left before the split and everybody has to play each other once - Falkirk are only one point ahead of us and today's results show us that upsets are still possible. I agree with the current performances that doesn't look likely but with home games against Hibs, Motherwell, Killie, St.Mirren and Hamilton there are a lot of points to play for as well as the away trip to Falkirk. As I said on another thread the players and management still have a chance to turn this around but the fat lady is tuning up....

But i think the problem is if you look to our next 3 games we will probably get 0 points whereas hamilton are playing:Killie, Hearts & Motherwell so have a reasonable chance of picking up some points and Falkirk:Motherwell, Aberdeen & St Mirren so will almost certainly get some points there so we will be cut adrift for any new manager.

The next 3 league games are massive and I agree to get no points from them will knock the stuffing out of the team and therefore we will not probably benefit from the other games before the split in the same way....

Hearts (A) - now a massive massive game - we need to get at least a point from this game....Hearts are inconsistent and so this is possible....

Celtic (H) - Aberdeen showed today what is possible - this home game is on TV and now takes on a new importance....

Dundee Utd (A) - Motherwell turned them over today - can we do the same....

In between there is also a Scottish Cup game but the next three league games are pivotal

Get a striker before the window closes and we will survive - Brew will change his pack but surely even his inept tactics would be overshadowed by the players.

But any players trying to overshadow his inept tactics end up dropped and leaving the club during the next available transfer window.

EDIT to add, Far better that we get someone in with some tactical knowledge who can raise the spirits of the dressing room and scrape together a team out of Brewster's mess.

Edited by birdog

There's 16 games left, so plenty of points available, including the post split games against all those likely to be down there battling it out with us.

IF we had a change of manager before the end of the transfer window then I'm confident we'll survive. Anybody new must be given at least a week to try and sort out a few of his own deals.

IF the board keep their heads in the sand, and keep faith with the clueless fecker, then we may as well start planning for Div 1 right now.

Change of manager=staying up.

Brewster=doomed.

Just realised we have lost 12 out of the last 15 games, how bad are the inept ******** on the board going to allow things to get before acting or are they actually wanting to play derby games next season. Get Sam the Eagle and his other muppets out now and let someone in who can actually manage!!

Of all people the board should realise that if we go down it would be a FINANCIAL crisis as well as a footballing one. How long are they going to hide away in their offices before its too late?

Theres not alot wrong with Brews signings but indeed his tactics continue to baffle me and his same old excuses each week for a poor result put me off even wanting to listen to them.

I reckon just getting rid of him would bring a lift to the players. If he and Malky were to go now i reckon whoever takes temporary charge would get some sort of result out of the team at Hearts.

Edited by ajsict92