FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sack the board?

Johnboy

It's been well documented on various threads here over the past couple of days...

The board have spent the past 48 hours hiding from the media.... They haven't even got the gumption or courage to find someone from within their ranks to face the press/media and attempt to explain what they are doing with regards appointing a successor for Brewster.

They don't seem to realise that there is little or no time to spare. We are sitting at the bottom of the league and staring relegation straight in the face. Can they not see that? What are they doing about it? Why can't they explain what they are doing?

Is this a fit and proper body of men to be charged with the responsibility of running a football club?

I rather think not....

It is also a sign of how bad a board they are, that they let Brewster stay for so long and sacked him in the middle of january and let him sign 4 players!! No other board would do that. He should've been sacked before christmas and no doubt they would've known about the unrest in the dressing room. Very poor.

They don't seem to realise that there is little or no time to spare. We are sitting at the bottom of the league and staring relegation straight in the face. Can they not see that? What are they doing about it? Why can't they explain what they are doing?

Is this a fit and proper body of men to be charged with the responsibility of running a football club?

You're right. They can't see that relegation is a real danger and have just sacked Brewster for a laugh. From what I've heard, they've all gone on holiday to the Carribbean, which is why they're not attending any press conferences. What an utter disgrace.

You're right. They can't see that relegation is a real danger and have just sacked Brewster for a laugh. From what I've heard, they've all gone on holiday to the Carribbean, which is why they're not attending any press conferences. What an utter disgrace.

I agree with your sarcasm

As you can see elsewhere

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fu...ppointment.html

Applications for the manager's job should be sent to chief executive Mike Smith at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium or emailed to mike.smith@ictfc.co.uk

they have advertised the post and left Mike Smith to deal with applicants. Why have a chief Executive if he does nothing? Not many Division 1 clubs have a Chief Executive by the way.

It's been well documented on various threads here over the past couple of days...

The board have spent the past 48 hours hiding from the media.... They haven't even got the gumption or courage to find someone from within their ranks to face the press/media and attempt to explain what they are doing with regards appointing a successor for Brewster.

I rather think not....

48 hours? That's a misunderexaggeration. When have they ever been visible? And available?

They obviously are aware of our predicament which is why they are busy pursuing our next victim manager and I hope they are more thorough than last time.

I propose that they mend a few bridges by making their presence felt at the Trusts AGM on Thursday. What's the worst that could happen? 20 people can't be that bad, eh?

I agree with your sarcasm

Absolutely. Why aren't they going round town knocking on doors to explain themselves in person ("Har har Caley, ahm a Cellic fan, Bennet yer windows are sh!te"), or walking round with a handcart shouting "Bring out your managers!"? At the very least they could be camped out on Paul Chalk's doorstep, shouting updates through his letterbox. Amateurs.

Absolutely. Why aren't they going round town knocking on doors to explain themselves in person ("Har har Caley, ahm a Cellic fan, Bennet yer windows are sh!te"), or walking round with a handcart shouting "Bring out your managers!"? At the very least they could be camped out on Paul Chalk's doorstep, shouting updates through his letterbox. Amateurs.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Afaik, Grassa's on a non-related trip to Glasgow which he had to go on, rest assurred they're not sitting on their asses doing nothing. Personally, I'm quite happy that they do all their business behind doors and professionally without any leaks - previous leaks and comments to the press have certainly not worked in our favour! Plus I'm enjoying all the guessing and speculating in the meantime...

Afaik, Grassa's on a non-related trip to Glasgow which he had to go on, rest assurred they're not sitting on their asses doing nothing. Personally, I'm quite happy that they do all their business behind doors and professionally without any leaks - previous leaks and comments to the press have certainly not worked in our favour! Plus I'm enjoying all the guessing and speculating in the meantime...

Thank you for attempting to answer my questions.....

So glad you're enjoying all this!

Thank you for attempting to answer my questions.....

So glad you're enjoying all this!

Sorry Johnboy, I'm high on the 'umm'-free air.

I'd prefer the board to be getting on with finding a new manager to them telling everyone that they're getting on with finding a new manager. Whether they are or not is sort of a Schrodinger's Cat job.

Edited by 4ize

As you can see elsewhere

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fu...ppointment.html

Applications for the manager's job should be sent to chief executive Mike Smith at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium or emailed to mike.smith@ictfc.co.uk

they have advertised the post and left Mike Smith to deal with applicants. Why have a chief Executive if he does nothing? Not many Division 1 clubs have a Chief Executive by the way.

Any applicants will be in for a long wait for a reply if emails are going to Mike Smith :rotflmao:

To put it mildly the board don't seem to be a very professional set up at all. Time for a change and some new blood.

:rotflmao:

Sorry to be a lazy fekker and not research this, but Scotty's online and can no doubt clear it up in a minute - how is the board appointed and what's the likelihood (as if I didn't know) of change being forced by anyone other than the Capo di Tulloch?

To put it mildly the board don't seem to be a very professional set up at all. Time for a change and some new blood.

Sorry to be a lazy fekker and not research this, but Scotty's online and can no doubt clear it up in a minute - how is the board appointed and what's the likelihood (as if I didn't know) of change being forced by anyone other than the Capo di Tulloch?

I appointed them. You got a problem, like?

Brought to you courtesy of Matthew Gloag & Son

Only finding out where you live and organising a mob, like :thumb04:

I'd prefer the board to be getting on with finding a new manager to them telling everyone that they're getting on with finding a new manager. Whether they are or not is sort of a Schrodinger's Cat job.

I'd love to see that post quoted in the Courier.

I'd like to think that the Board are on the case of a new manager rather than killing cats.

:thumb04:

Only finding out where you live and organising a mob, like :rotflmao:

I like the team as it is

If you can't organise a mob, what are you doing here?

:thumb04:

Only finding out where you live and organising a mob, like :rotflmao:

I like the team as it is

If you can't organise a mob, what are you doing here?

I can organise a mob, they just don't like where you live.

I could be wrong - it may have changed by now - but going from memory, half the board is elected by the shareholders but Tullochs have/had 3 spots guaranteed and can say who those are. They also have final say on who will be chairman.

This arrangement was made when Tulloch bought several hundred thousand pounds worth of shares a few years ago and I believe was to be in force for 5 years so may have expired by now.

The shareholders have the power to remove the board, the problem comes in appointing a new one because Tullochs basically have sufficient Ordinary shares together with the A and B class shares to vote in whoever they wish. Unless this was changed then they could just re-appoint everyone the shareholders had just removed.

Not sure of the figure off the top of my head, but in order to change what would be one of the articles and memorandums of a company it normally requires a vote of somewhere between 70% and 80%. Given the fact that Tulloch and the existing Board members hold more than 30% then it's unlikely this would ever happen.

In short...trying to oust the BoD by means of a vote would likely fail and even if the vote came out 50/50 I very much doubt that those pulling the strings would learn anything from it and would continue doing things their way without listening.

I'm not one for "I told you so's" but I did voice grave concerns (as did one or two others) about the direction the club, as a business, was heading in at the time all of this was done and I was lambasted for daring to criticise the motives of those behind it. Had people listened a little more closely to Dougie McGilvray at the time then at least we wouldn't be sitting here wondering where it all went wrong.

Not saying it shouldn't have happened, or it wasn't the best thing for the club at the time, but a lot of the "finer" detail was overlooked as people were sucked in by the stories of impending doom if we didn't accept what Sutherland had put on the table.

Anyway, for now, the focus should be on turning things around on the park and pulling ourselves out of the mire. If we don't manage that, then the problems we'll face will be far greater than anything we can lay on the table at the moment. Like it or not (and I certainly don't), the only chance we have of saving our SPL status this season is by everyone...board, team and fans...trying to find a way to work together.

The shareholders have the power to remove the board, the problem comes in appointing a new one because Tullochs basically have sufficient Ordinary shares together with the A and B class shares to vote in whoever they wish. Unless this was changed then they could just re-appoint everyone the shareholders had just removed.

Not sure of the figure off the top of my head, but in order to change what would be one of the articles and memorandums of a company it normally requires a vote of somewhere between 70% and 80%. Given the fact that Tulloch and the existing Board members hold more than 30% then it's unlikely this would ever happen.

In short...trying to oust the BoD by means of a vote would likely fail and even if the vote came out 50/50 I very much doubt that those pulling the strings would learn anything from it and would continue doing things their way without listening.

I'm not one for "I told you so's" but I did voice grave concerns (as did one or two others) about the direction the club, as a business, was heading in at the time all of this was done and I was lambasted for daring to criticise the motives of those behind it. Had people listened a little more closely to Dougie McGilvray at the time then at least we wouldn't be sitting here wondering where it all went wrong.

Not saying it shouldn't have happened, or it wasn't the best thing for the club at the time, but a lot of the "finer" detail was overlooked as people were sucked in by the stories of impending doom if we didn't accept what Sutherland had put on the table.

Anyway, for now, the focus should be on turning things around on the park and pulling ourselves out of the mire. If we don't manage that, then the problems we'll face will be far greater than anything we can lay on the table at the moment. Like it or not (and I certainly don't), the only chance we have of saving our SPL status this season is by everyone...board, team and fans...trying to find a way to work together.

Well done CD, glad to see someone has their eyes open at long last.