FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

Alex MacLeod

At the end of this season Ross will have completed 13 seasons with this club. In that time, and assuming he plays in the next five, he has played 469 competitive matches (31 from the bench) however many pre-season friendlies and has scored 31 goals.

Well done Ross and long may you continue.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the end of this season Ross will have completed 13 seasons with this club. In that time, and assuming he plays in the next five, he has played 469 competitive matches (31 from the bench) however many pre-season friendlies and has scored 31 goals.

How many OGs, Alex? :rotflmao:

Seriously, the man's a legend. He must be holder of a couple of records in Scotland now - surely the only player to have played and scored for the same club in all 4 Scottish divisions? The only other clubs I can think of who might have had a player who achieved this feat are Gretna and Livi. Also, is there any other player currently in the SPL who has played as many games for their club?

Strangely enough, the first two goals he ever scored for the club were in the very first two ICT matches I attended - away against Albion Rovers and Queen's Park in Feb-March 1997. At that stage I just assumed Roscoe scoring would be an every week occurrence...

He's been a divisive figure among the support for the last two or three seasons, mind you: there are fair few on here that would prefer him not to reach 500 appearances for us, I think.

I echo the sentiments, but going by Ian Broadfoot's stats, Ross played his 477th game last week and will tally up a total of 482 if he plays in all 5 post-split fixtures. Assuming he is picked for all games, he will take part in his 400th league game if he plays V Motherwell

374 league starts, 23 sub appearances, (397) - 27 goals

73 cup starts, 7 sub appearances (80) - 4 goals

16 unused sub in league, 1 unused sub in cup.

I took the figures from his profile on the official site.

and therein lies the problem ... they dont use their own stats (ie. Ian's) they get those stats from a third party that premiumTV use !!! I will take Ian's stats over anyone else's (including my own) any day of the week !

When it comes down to having up to date stats, pictures, even news the official site is useless.

This is always my first port of call for news and info.

Edited by ajsict92

It would be interesting if someone could sticky yesterdays article from the Record about Rossco, by Butcher, onto this thread. I cannot do that - too stupid!

It was an amazing frank statement about a dedicated pro, by his manager and must leave Rossco in a great position for salary negotations at seasons end.

If you looked very objectivley at what's done since joining this club it's quite impressive.

There are some who don't rate him highly because he is not perfect, but what footballer is?

This is a guy, when we went throught divisions, many said, including me, that he will not be able to play at the next level and he has continued to defy

He's a legend to me.

The last fixture last season, when the players came up to the corner to clap, everyone was saying that they couldn't give away their shirts. I remember seeing michael fraser giving his gloves and his boots away to people ( and a wee boy even asked for his shorts :thumb04: ), Tokely was one of few players to actually throw their shirt in, which i caught, and ran back to the carpark like a hobbit :rotflmao:

Good player, up for a tackle of two, gets the ball up the pitch alot and crosses the ball in nicely to the box.

Ian Broadfoot's latest stats received a couple of days ago (and correct up to last week's game) confirm that Rossco has made an astounding 477 appearances for ICT and was an unused sub 17 times. The numbers are as I posted above.

As someone mentioned Hastings, I thought I would add a few details of his numbers, which are also impressive, as well as the number of games played for all those who have reached over 200 appearances.

Richard Hastings 364 appearances

298 league starts, 14 sub appearances, (312) - 3 goals

49 cup starts, 3 sub appearances (52) - 1 goal

32 unused sub in league, 1 unused sub in cup.

Other players on totals above 200 (italics denote no longer playing for club)

Barry Wilson (353)

Roy McBain (324)

Charlie Christie (314)

Russell Duncan (289)

Grant Munro (277)

Dennis Wyness (243)

Stuart Golabek (230)

Mike Teasdale (221)

Bobby Mann (214)

Mark Brown (203)

Why dont we play McBain and Hastings more? They can easily get over the 400 mark unless they get transfered

Edited by stevenwebster

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Why dont we play McBain and Hastings more? They can easily get over the 400 mark unless they get transfered

Dont no why Terry isnt playing Mcbain or Hastings

Mcbain is 35 years old i cant see him getting over the 400 mark. He doesnt have alot left in him. Terry will bring in a a young lad to replace him (Vigurs)

Hastings 32 years old has a few seasons left in him but i cant see him reaching the 400 mark but he will be really close to it

Mcbain is 35 years old

Hastings 32 years old

McBain - Looks more like 30,31 ish

Hastings - Looks About 28-30

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Mcbain is 35 years old

Hastings 32 years old

Zander - 22 years old

Zander looks more like 15-17

:018: ;)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

McBain is 34 and Hastings is 31.

Mcbain will be 35 THIS YEAR and Hastings will be 32 THIS YEAR

Hastings will be 32 in the summer and Mcbain will be 35 in november

Mcbain is 35 years old

Hastings 32 years old

Zander - 22 years old

Zander looks more like 15-17

:018: ;)

Steven - 16 years old

Steven Got ID'ed for a 12 (again)

Unless injuries hamper us, McBain has played his last game for Caley imo. He is well and truely past it and has been for a while now. Hastings won't be a regular anymore unless Lionel truely messes up because if we survive i can see Lionel getting handed a lengthier contract. It was about 31, 32-ish that Golabek began to peak for us. I think Hastings is heading the same way.