FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

As The Dust Settles

bauhaus

There are a lot of what ifs, and half to say Butcher and Malpas have done everything they could. We were down and out and January, and we got to the last day. Going down with a record points total is no concellation, but we didnt lie down. I would say that we have had some shocking referees this season, some very dodgie decisions go against us, but it is what it is. Relegation. But what can we look forward too, Butcher and Malpas are a good team together. We have a core of players who can and have excelled in the first before. Signing up some of the players with talent and fight will be imperative. Munro, Tokeley, Pavels, Kerr, Duncan, Morais, Foran, Rooney, and we have a good start. Others would be worth keeping too, as it will be a hard fight to get out but one which we can win. Looking forward to seeing the real fans turn up next season, hope we do keep good numbers as that will be vital income. Winning a lot more games than we lose. Seeing a few more of the youth coming through, as we do have a few decent players coming through. Standing at away games, brilliant. However I will miss some of the SPL quality players coming here, but not the twisted sisters fans.One thing for sure, WE WILL BE BACK. Board has the right team managing, just want to see their ambition to get back up there. Interesting few weeks ahead

It would be nice to see our team stay together but I'm afraid the lack of money and the fact the players have aspirations to play in the SPL means foran, mihadjuks, morais and kerr will almost certainly be offski. I agree it is time for younger members of the squad e.g Vigurs, Duff, Rooney and Odhiambo to try and establish themselves in the first team as many players will be leaving and it will be difficult to bring in others due to the lack of money.

I think Butcher and Malpas will be able to bring in many young players looking for first team football and this is a positive move maybe they can unearth a new Ian Black. This will be good as it will provide the club with new players who are eager to do well.

The problem is money here are some figures from last season:

The SPL gets around ?20million ayear in sponsorship and TV monies. Half of that is shared equally the other half is divided between the clubs based on final positions etc. Last year Gretna came last and got ?900k.

Hamilton won the 1st Division and received only ?45k for doing so.

Caleys average attendance this year was around 4400 the year we won the 1st division it was around 2400. This drop in gates is a crippling blow financially.

These are the reasons that being relegated is so catastrophic for SPL clubs.

It would be nice to see our team stay together but I'm afraid the lack of money and the fact the players have aspirations to play in the SPL means foran, mihadjuks, morais and kerr will almost certainly be offski. I agree it is time for younger members of the squad e.g Vigurs, Duff, Rooney and Odhiambo to try and establish themselves in the first team as many players will be leaving and it will be difficult to bring in others due to the lack of money.

I think Butcher and Malpas will be able to bring in many young players looking for first team football and this is a positive move maybe they can unearth a new Ian Black. This will be good as it will provide the club with new players who are eager to do well.

The problem is money here are some figures from last season:

The SPL gets around ?20million ayear in sponsorship and TV monies. Half of that is shared equally the other half is divided between the clubs based on final positions etc. Last year Gretna came last and got ?900k.

Hamilton won the 1st Division and received only ?45k for doing so.

Caleys average attendance this year was around 4400 the year we won the 1st division it was around 2400. This drop in gates is a crippling blow financially.

These are the reasons that being relegated is so catastrophic for SPL clubs.

No big parachute payment then ???

We all know he money will be much tighter, but for Kerr and Foran, I hope they show some loyalty to Butcher, as he has shown he was prepared to help save their careers. I think the two of them could be extremely important for us next year. Having had poor times after leaving Butcher before, do you think they will be so keen to go out into the big bad world again, or happy to stay where a manager likes you plays you and believes in you. Remember neither of them had a pre season. Butchers boys will burst the first division next year

well a couple of good cup runs will have to be achieved to offset some of the lossess

My daughter works for Dundee FC , she was sorry Caley went down BUT she told me a lot of Dundee fans are looking forward to coming up here not because they think it will be an easy game but to have a night out as well as to watch a good game of football, there will be fans from other clubs thinking the same way, as the Caley stadium is a place to bring a family

250k apparently.

I agree Bauhaus. I hope Butcher convinces some of the talent to grin and bear the drop in wages and just try and help the team bounce straight back!! If they can show loyalty and character we have a great chance.

250k apparently.

I agree Bauhaus. I hope Butcher convinces some of the talent to grin and bear the drop in wages and just try and help the team bounce straight back!! If they can show loyalty and character we have a great chance.

Who would you keep ... how many players looked like they were up for it today ??

big tel signed an 18 month contract

?250K for signings? Source?

Butcher mentioned it in his interview after the match or someone said it not long after his interview, either way it was on Radio Scotland at somepoint

Fair play, but where the hell are we getting that kind of money from? Surely not, from our wonderful benefactors in credit crunch times? No OF gate receipts (if such a thing still exists), no Setanta money, smaller fortnightly crowds. A pipe dream, IMHO.

I think the main thing here is Caley done have debt!!

Butcher brought in Kerr and Foran, and look how hard they have worked!! Incredible, so how many others does he have up his sleeve? Why cant the board back him and spend a bit!?

I do think Kerr and Foran are good decent guys....they wouldnt leave Terry, the guy who resurrected their career, for a few more quid a week.

There has been guff about "The relegated team never comes straight back up". ICT have shown before that theyhave broken the mould, that they have done the unprecedented, and we will be the first for many years to do that.

Another benefit! No Billy Dodds marking our card every week.

Morning all :lol: i had a good few drams last night & was feeling positive about next season but now another day has dawned & i'm feeling sh!t , not just with a sore head but with the reality of yesterday

My family & friends have been wonderful in that they sympathise & support me but it doesnt change anything :(

When are we ever likely to see a crowd like yesterday at our stadium again ?

There'll probably be a bigger turn out for the monthly car boot sale !

A few weeks ago when we were sitting 9th i was full of hope & confident Terry would steer us clear from the drop

But it wasnt to be

Inverness no longer has a team in the top flight of Scottish football but...............................................................

.. WE'LL BE BACK , BIGGER STRONGER & BETTER

Edited by Fanoffooty