FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Contenders

bauhaus

We do not have a god given right to come straight back up, but who have we got next season. Butcher and Malpas will be a driving force to get us out, and we will likely start as one of the 4 favorites. However, I do hope we get better refs this year as we were outdone by some "simulation" in several games in the spl. Lovell went down like a sack of turnips today when Rossco put his hand on his shoulder. And you could tell Toks had been done by the look on his face." Anyway players will come and go at all the clubs over the next few months at all 10 clubs, but what will we be facing in Countys league. LIVINGSTON are in dire straights financially- a lesson those wanting to spend money on players should heed. They will be unlikely to challenge over the season, if they get to start in the 1st division. AIRDRIE UTD or AYR UTD will depending on the playoff result probably look to survive, not having strong enough squads to go the distance. RAITH ROVERS will be hoping to get mid place security, although a good start may push them along onto the fringes of the top 3 or 4. GREENOCK MORTON not the easiest place to go often, but cant see them getting a squad together that will get into the top half. ROSS COUNTY will provide stiff opposition to us purely because of it being a derby. Although we might think it 12 points on the board, they may actually be our 4 hardest games. Cant see them pushing for the spl though, but could be the strongest team in the league next season if you know what I mean. QUEEN OF THE SOUTH difficult one this, wonder if Barry would still be there. Think they under performed for most of the season, cup final hangover and high expectations maybe. Lost Dobbie which might leave them in the lower half. DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC will be no pushovers, and showed potential this season. WILL be one of the 3 pushing us I expect. PLASTIC WHISTLE oooh I cant stand them, but I rate their wee manager in this division. Podgie McCall does know how to knit together a good team at this level, just hope them fall short again. DUNDEE FC our main rivals I think. Hope they dont get a sniff of Foran and Kerr, as I would think they would improve their lot with them. Jocky Scott is quite a shrewd guy at this level. Biggest team we will face, but weight of expectation keeps them from shining. If we trim the squad down, keep the main guys who have been important over the time since January, get Vigurs, Rooney, and some of the younger ones good experience we could have a wonderful season. Barrowman might start scoring again at this level and I hope we are the full package. We will need to be motivated from the start though, and theres none better at that than Terry. The emotion in his voice after the game today told me he wants to be here, and I for one want him to get us back where we belong.

We do not have a god given right to come straight back up, but who have we got next season. Butcher and Malpas will be a driving force to get us out, and we will likely start as one of the 4 favorites. However, I do hope we get better refs this year as we were outdone by some "simulation" in several games in the spl. Lovell went down like a sack of turnips today when Rossco put his hand on his shoulder. And you could tell Toks had been done by the look on his face." Anyway players will come and go at all the clubs over the next few months at all 10 clubs, but what will we be facing in Countys league. LIVINGSTON are in dire straights financially- a lesson those wanting to spend money on players should heed. They will be unlikely to challenge over the season, if they get to start in the 1st division. AIRDRIE UTD or AYR UTD will depending on the playoff result probably look to survive, not having strong enough squads to go the distance. RAITH ROVERS will be hoping to get mid place security, although a good start may push them along onto the fringes of the top 3 or 4. GREENOCK MORTON not the easiest place to go often, but cant see them getting a squad together that will get into the top half. ROSS COUNTY will provide stiff opposition to us purely because of it being a derby. Although we might think it 12 points on the board, they may actually be our 4 hardest games. Cant see them pushing for the spl though, but could be the strongest team in the league next season if you know what I mean. QUEEN OF THE SOUTH difficult one this, wonder if Barry would still be there. Think they under performed for most of the season, cup final hangover and high expectations maybe. Lost Dobbie which might leave them in the lower half. DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC will be no pushovers, and showed potential this season. WILL be one of the 3 pushing us I expect. PLASTIC WHISTLE oooh I cant stand them, but I rate their wee manager in this division. Podgie McCall does know how to knit together a good team at this level, just hope them fall short again. DUNDEE FC our main rivals I think. Hope they dont get a sniff of Foran and Kerr, as I would think they would improve their lot with them. Jocky Scott is quite a shrewd guy at this level. Biggest team we will face, but weight of expectation keeps them from shining. If we trim the squad down, keep the main guys who have been important over the time since January, get Vigurs, Rooney, and some of the younger ones good experience we could have a wonderful season. Barrowman might start scoring again at this level and I hope we are the full package. We will need to be motivated from the start though, and theres none better at that than Terry. The emotion in his voice after the game today told me he wants to be here, and I for one want him to get us back where we belong.

OUR league, surely? :ohmy:

I agree with most.

Imagine Foran, Kerr, even Barrowman in the 1st division. Morais and Mihadjuks would be unreal, but they are two i cant see keeping im afraid. Everything changes now....we will get to see who keeps their hopes in the squad.

Dundee surely have to be our main rivals. Who is to say we will outshine most though? 1st division is a mega hard league, id be amazed myself if we bounced straight up!!

It sickens me i was hoping for top six spl next season, but i will tell you what, 1st division is sure going to be a good ride!!