FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ice Cream Oyster

?2.50 for an oyster ice-cream!

Hope that *rotter* wont be back in a hurry!

But was it any good? :ohmy:

It didn't help much, if that is what you are asking. But couldn't be arsked waiting in the tea queue with the BigMatchCharlies.

The worst of it was that the prices weren't even displayed. An email to the management beckons.

Surely the sensible thing is to ask the price before you buy... that goes for most things in life!!!

Not so. In the West, when one enters a purchasing situation one expects a) to have the prices displayed or :lol: be charged fairly. You are correct in that I never noticed that the prices were not on display, as they are in the chip van and snack bar, until I had the icy treat in my hand. Yes, I could have dropped it back into his grasping paw, but was so taken aback that I paid out. In my favour I would say that I expressed my discontent to everyone in the queue behind me.

I am not sure that it is not illegal to operate in that way. Perhaps any legal eagles, or others in consumer protection can enlighten us. I know that bars must display prices.

Have to agree with problems about the catering in general. ?4 for 2 soft drinks and a coffee yesterday. The hot water was playing up and there was no hot food left before half time in the west side tea bar. There has been no pies left before half time at the last 3 matches. Surely the company doing the catering must have known there was a large crowd planned yesterday. Would it not be better if the club used a local company and kept the cash in Inverness.

Have to agree with problems about the catering in general. ?4 for 2 soft drinks and a coffee yesterday. The hot water was playing up and there was no hot food left before half time in the west side tea bar. There has been no pies left before half time at the last 3 matches. Surely the company doing the catering must have known there was a large crowd planned yesterday. Would it not be better if the club used a local company and kept the cash in Inverness.

Maybe they were practicing for next season in division 1

?2.50 for an oyster ice-cream!

I wouln't want to be asking ?2.50 aka $5 for an ice cream here in Nova Scotia, you can get 2 litres of ice cream for that price here :lol: add to that right now you can buy a lobster for $5 or less :lol:

I guess they don't call it "Rip off Britain" for nothing, if ice cream prices carry on like that there'll only be Politicians buying it, mind you, they're half way there already seeing as how they've had the cream...

There has been no pies left before half time at the last 3 matches.

:lol: Really???

Thats a fecking joke

This catering belongs in the first division.

So they'll be with us then

Who moved my thread and why. It ticked all the boxes!

I moved it because I was in a bad enough mood as it was when I got in and the last thing I wanted/expected to see was people who were more concerned about the cost of a feckin Ice Cream than what had just happened on Saturday.

I'm in slightly better mood now, but I cannae be ersed moving it back :lol:

I wouln't want to be asking ?2.50 aka $5 for an ice cream here in Nova Scotia, you can get 2 litres of ice cream for that price here :014:

You pulling our pissers? I know North Americans have the reputation of being 'large' but who the feck buys a 2-litre oyster :026: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2 meduim sized tubs of asda's finest :026: smartproce to be more clear

OR

Ben and Jerrys ( Cokkie Dough ) :014:

Similar story happened during Highland March when we were charged ?1.50 for a standard size can of Fanta...

needless to say, i didnt mind paying it for what i left in the 'facilities'... it seemed only right to indirectly offer my sincere apologies before making a swift exit...!!!!!!