FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Highland March Goes Global !

Scotty

was looking for something else on NewsNow and came across these links published today

442 Magazine: http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofeurope/32074/default.aspx

Reuters UK: http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/i...0090605?rpc=401

Reuters India: http://in.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/i...05?rpc=401&

Yahoo Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-...s&type=lgns

well done guys, you truly have gone global !

The reporter (Tom Pilcher) who put together this article was a top bloke. He got the sleeper up overnight from London on the Thursday, walked 20+ miles with the guys on Friday and then got the sleeper back to London again on Friday Evening!!!

We've had people (not just reporters) join the March with great intentions and I'll admit to being a little nervous about a reporter joining for the day....sometimes tiredness and sore feet/legs get the better of someone and we're not entirely immune to the odd "moment" and that's not what you want reported, but with your standard "red top" journalist you just know that's what they are looking for!!!

Tom is now an initiated member of the HM having completed an entire leg and there's an open invite for him should he ever wish to join us again.

Should mention this one to the Toronto FC supporters as we "march" from the pub to the stadium for almost every game ...... although I cant see them walking from Toronto to New York in between our last two league games :lol:

I retired as "The General" at the end of HM7 as I intend to start walking the route instead of driving it from 2010 onwards, so for HMX we'll arrange a jolly over to show the Toronto Fans how it's done.....it's not as if New York is the other end of the country :lol:

I liked Tom, top bloke. No bullshit and down to earth. If only they were all like him. Good write up too (even though I spent a long time on the Moy road gassing with him for naff all...) :lol:

seems the highland march has made it to the West Midlands too...

Yompa is set to be interviewed live just after 9pm tonight on Radio WM (think i'll see if they do an online feed)...

On line stream has crashed....WM are not on Sky so I can't record...dug the cassette player out and that don't work either...will just have to listen to him instead...he says he is going to say "Coventry Nil" on air.. :blink:

No chance...it crashes the laptop. Radio don't load and locks up the web site too...can't click X and the 'End Task' don't work either. Got it on the proper radio instead....and what we got....feckin West Life....grrrrrrrrr. :blink:

the interview came after westlife dude....

some poor lass called the show to ask on an upbeat song to perk her up after the loss of a loved one - they chose, westlife - you raise me up!!!! D'Oh.

Anyway - 20 minutes of pure interviewing magic by the brigadier...

Sincerely, well done lads... great publicity for the club and a terrific advertisment for our fans.

:021: :021:

Was good to read Robbo getting interviewed about it as well... get him involved for the next one - he could do with losing a few pounds :P