FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for elgin and huntly

fraser

Caley have two pre season games on the 14th and 15th of july. The squad will have to be split into two starting elevens. How would you split the team for each game? Or does anyone know how it is going to be split?

I wouldn't even attempt to pick a team. Pre-season friendlies are a way of getting some match fitness for the players and at the same time allow the manager to play around with formations. They usually involve mass substitutions and position changes and are seen by managers and players more as training sessions than games.

I wouldn't even attempt to pick a team. Pre-season friendlies are a way of getting some match fitness for the players and at the same time allow the manager to play around with formations. They usually involve mass substitutions and position changes and are seen by managers and players more as training sessions than games.

So are you advocating that we dont play the same team on two consecutive nights ?

So are you advocating that we dont play the same team on two consecutive nights ?

No. I'm saying a mix of the 20 or so players we have will play on both nights.

It is stupid to think that we'd play the same teams... However that said I also dont care if we win them as the point of the games is to watch the lads on Trial... so as mentioned, I dont care what 11 play as long as we get the most from the trialists... so id guess we'd play a good team first half, then change for trialists second half then next day start with some trialists... lets face it... they need to put the work in and show a what they can do in a very short time so 2 games in 2 days.... moneys worth...

I hope we dont play, Foran, Cox, Munro, Esson,Tokely,Duncan,Mcbain,...They have nothing to prove they are in the team, as we risk them getting hurt burning them out, Yes play them for a bit to see how the trialist line up with them but get them off... Its not about the winning for these games more the taking part and what part they played....

however Foran and Rossco are on bans... when do they start?

Edited by georgeios

For both games - and I am to be ignored - :lol: :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Just helping out the new guy :lol:

When your drunk, you do come up with the weirdest posts :lol:

back on topic,

i agree that foran shouldnt be played in these games now you have raised that point. Just like Paathelineen got injured v Peterhead at the start of last season. That resulted in him being paid off and he went back to finland.

Is anyone going along to the Elgin game? Two of us are going through as we only live in Forres and are starved of football! Does anyone know how much it will cost to get in?

I will be going, and probably my old man also, but on the cost front, I haven't a clue

Is anyone going along to the Elgin game? Two of us are going through as we only live in Forres and are starved of football! Does anyone know how much it will cost to get in?

Went last season and they charged a fiver + a quid if you wanted to sit in the stand.

Went last season and they charged a fiver + a quid if you wanted to sit in the stand.

?2 to get in the stand now

If your standing at the front of BB, go round the right side of it and at the back there is a tear at the gate. If u are small enough to get through then your doing alright. Brings you out just at the side of the shelter at the back.

After half time or maybe even a bit before it you can go into the main stand because the steward isnt there to check your tickets.

Also the gate is open at half time (where the ticket gate was) and you can go to Tesco for half time snack instead. It also is used for me and my mates coming into the ground at the second half. (i will be there from the first half tho)

Dont buy a pie there (or a coffee) Theres more *proper* meat in a beetle.

The tanoy isnt good, its all muffled and distorted. Get team lines instead and mark off on the sheet of paper who the starting line up is.

and i have more hints and tip[s for the foress game :mellow:

I hope we dont play, Foran, Cox, Munro, Esson,Tokely,Duncan,Mcbain,...They have nothing to prove they are in the team, as we risk them getting hurt burning them out

Esson has a wee knock

Thats classic irony :mellow:

Also the gate is open at half time (where the ticket gate was) and you can go to Tesco for half time snack instead. It also is used for me and my mates coming into the ground at the second half. (i will be there from the first half tho)

Completely wrong.

BB's has had amazing pies for the last 2 or 3 seasons, which are sourced locally from an quality, award winning Elgin butcher. PieandBovril had Elgin voted the best pie in the 3rd division if I remember rightly...

I've seen Elgin a few times in the last 2 or 3 years and every pie has been incredible.

Completely wrong.

BB's has had amazing pies for the last 2 or 3 seasons, which are sourced locally from an quality, award winning Elgin butcher. PieandBovril had Elgin voted the best pie in the 3rd division if I remember rightly...

I've seen Elgin a few times in the last 2 or 3 years and every pie has been incredible.

elgin v spartans, walked in freely, got a pie, nearly puked.

i wont be able to send texts to people if am not at the game. The person i was ment tobe going with has pulled out at the last moment.

and am not going myself. :lol:

None of my mates are willing to watch the game because its caley so this migth should like a plea for friends... :rotflmao:

anyone going to the elgin game :rolleyes: