FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Forres Mechanics 0-2 ICT F/T

Flower

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who was no 12 he was a cracking wee player, on the left and right wing.

That was Johnny Hayes.

Eagle reminds me of Rankin and Hayes reminds me of Aiden McGeddy (style of play not looks) both are good additions to the squad.

Squad Numbers for those at the game who didn't pick up a teams line inside the gate (probably avoiding buying a half-time draw ticket :lol: )

1 - Ryan Esson

2 - Daniel Stratford

3 - Graeme Shinnie

4 - Jamie Duff

5 - Narius Bulvitis

6 - Gavin Morrison

7 - Nick Ross

8 - Dale Gillespie

9 - Robert Ujcik

10 - Jaroslav Machovec

11 - Robert Eagle

12 - Jonny Hayes

14 - Kevin Stewart

15 - Andy Barrowman

16 - Adam Rooney

19 - Kyle Allison

As can be expected when you put 11 strangers out on the pitch the team performance wasn't the best. Got a feeling that a few people were trying to hard to impress with clever balls and things, but without team understanding it just looked messy most of the time.

Ujcik and Machovec didn't do much to impress and if contract offers were being decided on tonights showing then they should be at home packing bags as they are no better than what we have. I was also a bit worried by the poor offering from Barrowman....his typical lazy performance, not willing to put in a shift, backing off of everything and expecting every ball to be played to his feet. Rooney didn't pose much of a goal threat either, but at least he was chasing and harassing and making an effort.

Stand outs of the night for me are the two (yet to be confirmed) new signings of Eagle and Hayes. Eagle made plenty of clever runs from out wide and once he gets into a more regular squad and they can better utilise that then I predict some decent things from him this season. Hayes....I think the weight comments are a little unfair. He isn't the smallest of people, but it didn't seem to hamper his game in any way. He's willing to run at players and with a good deal of success....if he has signed then he's going to cause problems for a few opposition defenders this year.....I predict some Wilsonesque performances from this guy with him being the kind of person who'll force defenders into conceding a penalty or two.

Most of the rest never stood out (for good or bad reasons) really.

I shall be writing a letter of complaint to Terry tomorrow as well.....I travelled to Forres tonight to see LDZ score with an overhead bucycle kick and he didn't even have the decency to include the guy in the squad....grrrrrrr :lol:

ICTChris you are absolutely right, they are professional but they are part time and play football in their time off from their main jobs. I would have expected a team of full-time professionals to run rings round them. Forres did well and were unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

Stand outs of the night for me are the two (yet to be confirmed) new signings of Eagle and Hayes.

It's on the official website and has been since this morning.

New Signings

Did anyone else think Forres could've snatched a draw from that game? They had their chances and Esson, although not really tested had to make a good few saves interventions.

The scoreline flattered ourselves rather than the amateurs.

I agree with that, somthing else ive not thought about, how will we react if we were losing or lost, weve only really been behind once, Im afraid what might happen if we go in to the season and take a pumping.. will the chins go down? Morton have been taking a pounding in pre season, they have been playing some worth while sides too, and by all accounts still played good games, I really hope that our dundee utd game will be our tester with TB's starting 11 just to see how we'd coop.

my motm was the Forres number 11. But I don't take anything from these pre season friendlies. Montrose and Annan should be dispatched from both competitions easily.

CaleyD, I agree in every way for what you have said and TB will be getting another letter from me, LDZ didnt even make the bus!! and the Forres boy 11 was IMO a great player too, caused our trialists a right good run around, did anyone hear Essons rant about the pass back going to his right foot? he wasnt happy!

Edited by georgeios

The scoreline flattered ourselves rather than the amateurs.

Forres are a semi-proffesional club, certainly not amateurs.

Didnt feel like I was watching ICT last night as there was only two recognised ICT first-teamers playing in Duff and Esson.

Thought the youngsters did well although I thought Dale Gillespie struggled against the Highland Leaguers; not the first time I have said this about him, and why must he insist on trying the 'Hollywood pass' every time he recieves the ball?

off-topic posts removed. If the two posters involved would like to continue their p****** contest or want to discuss grammar and spelling, please do it by PM.

I think both 5thStand an YaBoy need to sit down those handbags and realise what tits your making of yourselves, you understand your arguing about Forres Mechanics.. Forres!. Come on ladies, settle down.

Anywhoo, on the game front, sounds not half bad from what Ive read, pretty much an entire team on 'strangers' and well a wins enough for me to be pleased with a team like that, bring on the cup!

Edited by TheKarl

Does no-one else think fielding a team of strangers quite odd? How do you see how they'll link up with who we already have?

Karl, it's anyhoo. :lol:

What would you suggest we did then? It was a friendly, used as a testing ground for trialist... This game gave TB IMO an over all view of how these people play.. regardless if we'd won 0-7 or lost 7-0, its a tester....

I can see the other reason for this being, you send them out with out the first team spine you can see how they play with out the pressure of the first team being there and you can see what there skill's are not just playing up for the first team

Edited by georgeios

and even less frequently are they on topic !

Seriously though guys, if you have nothing remotely on topic to add to this discussion then please do not post all this bullshit. I have asked nicely for the posts to remain on topic and for the oneupmanship and pissing contests to be taken elsewhere. I will not ask again. Any further spamming of this (or other topics) will just mean we start to make more use of the topic ban function and you will be excluded from reading and/or posting on the topic(s) concerned.