FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ike Fraser

caleyboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched a few of Motherwell's European games, i mentioned to a friend the other day that i though Mikey would be back in Inverness soon enough. I didn't think it would be this soon though.

Seemingly the new manager has told him he will probably be 3rd choice keeper so this really was a crap move for him

Esson is as good, and better in some aspects of his game. Allison, on what little I've seen of him so far looks like he's more than competent/capable enough of providing cover.

Think it would be a bit of a slap in he face to those from last season who committed to the club if we allowed Fraser to come back and walk straight into the team.

Nah, wouldn't want him back but knowing our luck Butcher would put him ahead of Esson again and Esson's the keeper you want in SFL1, far better all round keeper. The nice thing about Esson as well (and someone mentioned that Kyle Allison seems to do it as well) is that every time is he does have the ball in his hands, aimless punts forward aren't his first option. When Fraser used to have the ball in his hands after catching it from a cross or something his tactics to hold it, hold it, hold it some more, have a look around to see who's available (usually one or two players [by now the oppostion defenders that were in the box moments ago are long gone]) , hold it a bit more and then a long punt forward.

As I was re-educated last week, some loan deals the owning club still pays his wages so free transfer means free!! players are sent out on loan to get first team exsperiance, instead of bench warming for 30 odd games.... if hes 3rd choice hes cutting oranges....

Esson is as good, and better in some aspects of his game. Allison, on what little I've seen of him so far looks like he's more than competent/capable enough of providing cover.

Think it would be a bit of a slap in he face to those from last season who committed to the club if we allowed Fraser to come back and walk straight into the team.

Did Allison not brake his jaw or something recently? I was under the impression he'd be out for months and months.

On topic though, who's the poster who doesn't like Fraser at all? I think it might be SMEE. He'll be in tears when he sees this!

On topic though, who's the poster who doesn't like Fraser at all? I think it might be SMEE. He'll be in tears when he sees this!

It's Connie Orr. I can only assume that Fraser set fire to her house or something such is her hatred for him.

Edited by RiG

RiG....There must be at least two of us then....coz i think he is pish too!

Not pish, but not that good either !

"As I was re-educated last week, some loan deals the owning club still pays his wages so free transfer means free!! players are sent out on loan to get first team exsperiance, instead of bench warming for 30 odd games.... if hes 3rd choice hes cutting oranges...." georgeios

Doubt, in the current economc climate there will be many loan deals like this, and I doubt Motherwells finances would allow this...

Edited by kiltarlity

It's Connie Orr. I can only assume that Fraser set fire to her house or something such is her hatred for him.

Connie didn't think Fraser had a great pair of hands....

I hope he doesn't appear back at TCS, dont rate him even as high as Kyle, plus money would be a problem i heard he's on a couple of grand a week.

Rig'll tell you too, we may not have to pay his wages, the owning club are the ones that pay his wages..... Im sure they can sort out that we may pay a % of it though, I looked it up after Rig put me right before and it is true, alot of loaned players are still paid by there clubs not the loaned to club

Which is more than likely why barrowloads is still here.. it'd be a waste of money loaning him as no1 would pick up his wages..

Nah, think you will find that this 'free' loan applies to young players only, fringe/ first team players on loan have most of their wages paid by the borrowing club.

Dont know if there are any hard rules regarding loans, a lot of it could be sorted out between the clubs, however i hope we dont see him back.

I hope he doesn't appear back at TCS, dont rate him even as high as Kyle, plus money would be a problem i heard he's on a couple of grand a week.

Rig'll tell you too, we may not have to pay his wages, the owning club are the ones that pay his wages..... Im sure they can sort out that we may pay a % of it though, I looked it up after Rig put me right before and it is true, alot of loaned players are still paid by there clubs not the loaned to club

Of course Fraser was signed whilst McGhee was in charge so Gannon clearly doesn't rate him if he has been told he will be third choice keeper! If he were to come back I doubt we would take over his wages. Maybe a small fraction of them. Don't see this happening in all honesty though. I don't think he is as bad as people make out. I think he needs to work in claiming crossed balls and his distribution but he is a fineshot stopper and has excellent reflexes. Maybe we can hybridise him with Esson and Allison?

Hope this just stays a rumour. Would assume if he comes back he would be No.1 which would p off Esson no end, feel he is the better all round keeper and quite happy with Allison as his understudy.

Stick with Esson I say...... Ikey made his bed, now he has to lie in it

Esson stuck with us when TB didnt play him!! I rated him, he stepped up when MF took a gubbing and I was glad for him!! I beleve he is and should remain our number 1!!

Bed, lie, sleeping dogs and all that!!