FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Injury Update

tm4tj

Bad news for Jamie Duff, he will require a cruciate ligament operation and will miss the rest of the season. He was injured in the NoS cup win at Wick.

Dougie Imrie has had his plaster removed.

Eric could start back running in around three weeks.

Unfortunate news regarding Duff, but positive news about Dougie and Eric, although they would appear to be a long way off being ready to play.

Barrowman played a subs part at Partick, and will be looking to regain match sharpness.

Info from the Courier.

Encouraging to hear Doogie and Eric are coming back. Also think Barrowman could play a part for us this season, seen as Rooney keeps blowing his chances.

Shame on Duff, but I don't think he was gonna get much of a look in anyway under Butcher, and probably would be away by next season.

Sorry for offering information.

This info is not always available to our supporters further afield. Nobody has said Imries plaster was removed today, or yesterday, it only mentions that he has had it removed. As far Eric is concerned, that may be that he has done some light training. But there is running and there is running. It has been mentioned many times at games that we have had no news of what is happening, and lo and behold some info pops up today in the Courier.

Odhiambo has been on light training for a couple of weeks now so the Courier are a bit behind on that one.

I'm also pretty sure Imrie has had his cast off for at least a week, don't remember seeing it last time I met him anyways.

Dougie was still on crutches at the Partick game, but I didn't notice whether he had a cast on.

Anyone else excited about seeing what Odihambo can offer in this division? I think he looked really promising when he started at Tannadice last season, and he was one of the few threats when he came on against Falkirk on relegation Saturday. Someone with pace and skill up front could really make the difference for us this season if Terry perseveres with the passing game and the midfield gains a bit more solidity.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Anyone else excited about seeing what Odihambo can offer in this division? I think he looked really promising when he started at Tannadice last season, and he was one of the few threats when he came on against Falkirk on relegation Saturday. Someone with pace and skill up front could really make the difference for us this season if Terry perseveres with the passing game and the midfield gains a bit more solidity.

Very excited. I think Foran and Odhiambo has a good ring to it - like Wyness and Ritchie, or Stewart and McLean......

Very excited. I think Foran and Odhiambo has a good ring to it - like Wyness and Ritchie, or Stewart and McLean......

Me too. I don't know that I'm convinced with Foran but I think Imrie and Odhiambo have the potential to pull defences all over the place and that should create space and opportunity for Rooney (preferably) or Barrowman to start getting on the scoresheet regularly. Once they start scoring and get their confidence going they will score more.

Sorry for offering information.

This info is not always available to our supporters further afield. Nobody has said Imries plaster was removed today, or yesterday, it only mentions that he has had it removed. As far Eric is concerned, that may be that he has done some light training. But there is running and there is running. It has been mentioned many times at games that we have had no news of what is happening, and lo and behold some info pops up today in the Courier.

Apologies if my post came across as patronising or anything, was not my intention. Just trying to make people aware that these guys are perhaps a little further on in their recovery than what could be gleaned from the report in the paper.

No worries, was just being grumpy, I'm entitled to that. Myself and a few others were mystified as to why the club were not offering any information on the injured players, leaving it up to speculation from the fans. We have guys slagging the management team weekly during the team selection threads as to why Duff is not included, well maybe that answers that one.

On the other side of the coin, although they may be a couple of weeks into it, they are still a long way from match fitness. Will we see Imrie playing before Xmas, I doubt it, but again that is me speculating.

Me too. I don't know that I'm convinced with Foran but I think Imrie and Odhiambo have the potential to pull defences all over the place and that should create space and opportunity for Rooney (preferably) or Barrowman to start getting on the scoresheet regularly. Once they start scoring and get their confidence going they will score more.

Well said

:baby01:

Ask yer dad doofer, he seems to be on the ball.

Well i am living down in leeds now and my dad is up in inverness and goes to the games. I only get to go 2-4 times a season so he is more in the know than me which is very unusual. BUt i agree with what he says about eric and imrie, when both fit will be a deadly i feel

Disnae matter Doofer.

But if Duff needs the full knee operation then he will be off for probably a lonnnggg time.

Arthroscopic surgery is only tinkering with ripped ligaments-the surgeon get's in there, looks around, sucks out the debris which gives rise to the inflammation and pain and then a week later you are free of pain but are left with a very weak and loose knee which finishes off any thought of playing any kind of sport ever again, except maybe doing the bike. And if you ever slip and/or twist the knee thereafter ,you will be back to limping for two months.It's not fun...

We need Imre back badly. He has the ability to easily go past defenders which Hayes and Eagle seem to have a problem with.

Hayes is really good at getting past defenders its just Eagle which cant get past defenders. When Imires back it should be Imrie on th left and Hayes on the right

We need Imre back badly. He has the ability to easily go past defenders which Hayes and Eagle seem to have a problem with.

Hayes is really good at getting past defenders its just Eagle which cant get past defenders. When Imires back it should be Imrie on th left and Hayes on the right

Yes, but if you watch Hayes, his ball control isnt great. He mis controls the ball alot and because of that he can find it hard to get past his man.