FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Those From The Unknown

Renegade

Has anyone else ever noticed that whenever a big "scandal" happens, or the fans, or a section are against something involved with ICT, a small group of strange unknown come on to try and shut them up? I certainly have. Notice the first time it seemed to happen, or the first time I noticed it anyway, was when the whole "Brewster Must Go" campaign picked up momentum. The vast majority of CTO posters seemed to be of the opinion that Brew should go, but now and again strange unknown, new posters kept popping up telling essentially to sit down and shut up. There seemed to be an attitude of "how dare you question the board. The board know best, you're just the fans, you don't know how to do anything" about them. Now there seems to be a few new posters saying the same sort of things those who think Butcher is not the man for the job. Once again a "We know best. Don't you dare question the club" kind of attitude. This has once again happened with the "gypsie" scandal. Once again new, unknown posters come on wth the whole "Don't question the club" attitude again. Is there a chance some these posters are put in by the club to get the fans off their backs? Discuss.

The penny feckin drops :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

?The honest man must be a perpetual renegade, the life of an honest man a perpetual infidelity. For the man who wishes to remain faithful must take himself perpetually unfaithful to all the continual, successive, indefatigable, renascent errors.?

Charles Peguy quotes (French Poet, Philosopher and Essayist, 1873-

I thought that at first but what it might be is there are loads of people who read the message board, but don't post. I reckon most of whats on here doesn't interest them, or they don't feel they have anything to add but when it's on the topic of borderline racism or the management team, then they feel they have something to add. I just don't think the club would be as obvious as your suggesting.

IMO we have 3 things that make up "The Club"

The Team, Manager and Coaching team

The Fans

The Board/Share holdes

Ok not quite three maybe 5 but take one away and we have nothing.

The Team et al, if we dont have a well run oiled team we are nothing

The Fans, No fans no motavation/ moral for the team and no income for the below and the team

The Board/Share Holder - take them way and we have no Capital, no money to start up, and no fat cats geting big heads because they are "in there eyes" responcible for the above two...

Slowly but surely they are/will lose the fans, in turn the team wont want to play for a team with next to no suport or income.. where does this leave us???

Edited by Georgeios

Nah it is the other way round, people on here get big headed and think that the know it all, and then some others join the bandwagon.

One minute its all about the win over morton then its all about the poor performance against airdrie/partick. It only takes one small incident to rock the boat and then theres a campaign on the go again. Every time just a slightly different issue and culprit. Not saying that there are no problems with the team at the moment but people need a little patience and partiality.

Nah it is the other way round, people on here get big headed and think that the know it all, and then some others join the bandwagon.

One minute its all about the win over morton then its all about the poor performance against airdrie/partick. It only takes one small incident to rock the boat and then theres a campaign on the go again. Every time just a slightly different issue and culprit. Not saying that there are no problems with the team at the moment but people need a little patience and partiality.

That is what happens on most forums fer fecks sake - take yer rose coloured glasses off. What is being highlighted is the apparent ealisation by some of the younger fans that the Muppets are clueless and simply not up to the task of running a Football club - and havent been for some considerable time. Some of them may well have the club at heart but they have made one faux pas after another for at least the last 3 seasons.

The players and the management get most of the stick on here - and again that is what happens to most fans forums. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. I feel it is only when the precious Muppets are under fire that the newbies hit the board in clear pro muppet - and often intimidatory - fashion.

The muppets appear to be above approach - they are not allowed to be challenged and derided - but then again they are a true Self Preservation Society.

There are members who post at the drop of a hat, and their posts appear on just about every thread.

There are members who only post on subjects of interest to them.

There are members who have a life outside this forum and may go for days, or even weeks without posting, or even visiting the forum.

Also, I'm sure Board Members, players and management feel they are perfectly entitled to post on these forums too - some may even feel they have a duty to do so, or at least to read the various posts to get a feel for the mood of the fans.

I'm not quite sure who "The Muppets" are but I have an idea. Been away too long maybe!

What someone else said before, basically.

Theres loads (like me) who have been reading the boards for a while, 3 or 4 months in my case but sometimes don't feel the need to post their opinions etc, and instead just register when they've got something strong to say.

The muppets, i think IHE is nearly there.

But as I'm sure he is aware 1 person runs the club and the city. Selfish and money obsessed.

He's certainly not running the club for the football or the money. Selfish is nearly there though.

Mr Sutherland thinks/hopes that he'll become a legend in Inverness for everything he's done for us. Fat f**king chance of that sunshine.

There are members who post at the drop of a hat, and their posts appear on just about every thread.

There are members who only post on subjects of interest to them.

There are members who have a life outside this forum and may go for days, or even weeks without posting, or even visiting the forum.

Yup, this could be me. I'm the sort of person who only speaks when I've got something to say, so I generally only post on threads about subjects I have a strong opinion on. I also don't have the time to post every day, even if I wanted to.

I agree with Renegade and it was blatantly obvious what was going on with the Gypsy thread on the forum in the past week. As regards the 3 elements necessary for a club to run successfully - will fans ever be offered the chance to purchase shares in the club?

Well Renegade, I always enjoy your input - not always agree with it - but this time I assume you are telling us on here that you never posted number 1 at the start! Maybe started posting at number 90 or something??

Everybody has to start posting at some time and I feel sure if the subject is topical it will entice people to caress the keys when previously they were happy to read the offerings. For you then to label them 'Muppets' or 'Muppet spies'

or whatever, is unfair on anyone now thinking of posting on here, with a different point to the main stream rantings on offer for fear of unjust criticism.

It is rather illuminating, thinking about the point you raise, that any opposing point to your own must have a hidden agenda and not just be a normal poster with a differing point of view.

Oh, and yes, many of us like Butcher as manager, think the Club has to stay inside the law and don't enjoy foul mouthed obscenities when children are around.

Does that make us different, maybe not, just less vocal.

Well Renegade, I always enjoy your input - not always agree with it - but this time I assume you are telling us on here that you never posted number 1 at the start! Maybe started posting at number 90 or something??

Everybody has to start posting at some time and I feel sure if the subject is topical it will entice people to caress the keys when previously they were happy to read the offerings. For you then to label them 'Muppets' or 'Muppet spies'

or whatever, is unfair on anyone now thinking of posting on here, with a different point to the main stream rantings on offer for fear of unjust criticism.

It is rather illuminating, thinking about the point you raise, that any opposing point to your own must have a hidden agenda and not just be a normal poster with a differing point of view.

Oh, and yes, many of us like Butcher as manager, think the Club has to stay inside the law and don't enjoy foul mouthed obscenities when children are around.

Sorry but I don't you understand what I'm on about. I'm not saying everyone who disagrees with a certain point is a club insider. But why is it that when a profound section of the support militantly oppose something ICT are doing/done, these folk pop up, spouting the partyline and always act in the manner that the club are always right and the ones who disagree are always wrong. Some will be genuine supporters who hold an opossing view, but I not certain all are "just" supporters.

Sorry but I don't you understand what I'm on about. I'm not saying everyone who disagrees with a certain point is a club insider. But why is it that when a profound section of the support militantly oppose something ICT are doing/done, these folk pop up, spouting the partyline and always act in the manner that the club are always right and the ones who disagree are always wrong. Some will be genuine supporters who hold an opossing view, but I not certain all are "just" supporters.

:clapping03: Not when you start a post like that! So who doesn't understand what?

Who is your favourite muppet ?

B) Not when you start a post like that! So who doesn't understand what?

:clapping03:

:P

Your right in what you say. I'll not name names, but at the time of one 'manager must go' campaign, I inadvertently found out that one of the pro-manager posters was a member of the backroom team. Obviously they are entitled to voice their opinion as much as anyone else but shouldn't be on here masquerading as a regular fan. There's always bound to be a small number of posters who are not quite as they seem on any forum.

Edited by BonnybridgeICT