FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Those Who Have Disappeared

Renegade

Anyone else noticed that some players seemed to have just disappeared recently. First off this season it was the aforementioned Roy McBain, and now Barrowman seems to have followed him, as well as Lionel Djebi-Zadi. Also notice that Nick Ross and Graeme Shinnie have also seemed to have disappeared recently too, who were at least playing semi-regularly this season, especially the former.

It's not just this season though, Vigurs disappeared when Butcher came in, as did Hastings (as well as for part of this season) and Wood who were all regular players under Brewster. The same could also be said for the now departed Gathuessi, Byrne and McGuire who never featured under Butcher, though could be for that fact that they weren't very good. It also seemed that Mihadjuks and Duff also seemed to be going that way as well, with Butcher preferring Tokely at centre-half.

Esson seems to be the only one to disappear and then return but would probably have been out the door had Fraser not been away. Does anyone know why these players are disappearing, and being replaced by Butcher's mediocre favorites, ie - Bulvitis, Stratford and Eagle. Is it a failure of managerial skills on Butcher's part? Discuss.

Anyone else noticed that some players seemed to have just disappeared recently. First off this season it was the aforementioned Roy McBain, and now Barrowman seems to have followed him, as well as Lionel Djebi-Zadi. Also notice that Nick Ross and Graeme Shinnie have also seemed to have disappeared recently too, who were at least playing semi-regularly this season, especially the former.

It's not just this season though, Vigurs disappeared when Butcher came in, as did Hastings (as well as for part of this season) and Wood who were all regular players under Brewster. The same could also be said for the now departed Gathuessi, Byrne and McGuire who never featured under Butcher, though could be for that fact that they weren't very good. It also seemed that Mihadjuks and Duff also seemed to be going that way as well, with Butcher preferring Tokely at centre-half.

Esson seems to be the only one to disappear and then return but would probably have been out the door had Fraser not been away. Does anyone know why these players are disappearing, and being replaced by Butcher's mediocre favorites, ie - Bulvitis, Stratford and Eagle. Is it a failure of managerial skills on Butcher's part? Discuss.

Its all down to Butchers Managerial skills and the fact he is not good enough. Picking favorites is a cear indication he doesnt have the skills to cut it as a good enough manager. Maybe at lower levels or a diffrent league, but not at this level.

Calling Feb 8th - this is all spooky stuff. There is only one **** on this forum that should disappear - Discuss.

There is only one **** on this forum that should disappear - Discuss.

Who's that then?

:lol:

Oh right, Discuss. I've never heard of him, is he a new poster?

Calling Feb 8th - this is all spooky stuff. There is only one **** on this forum that should disappear - Discuss.

There is only one **** on this forum that should disappear - Discuss.

Who's that then?

Oh right, Discuss. I've never heard of him, is he a new poster?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

McBain - Nearly 35, Butcher doesn't see him as one for the future and it is obvious his plan has been to build and develop a new younger team. Squad player but no longer a regular

Barrowman - Continues to get chances but has yet again failed to take them. No arguments from this end about limiting his opportunities.

Djebi-Zadi - Is God awful as a footballer. The 1st County game was hopefully the final straw.

Nick Ross - 7 appearances and a first start 2 weeks ago, hardly disappeared or out of contention!!

Graeme Shinnie - 1 appearance, full debut 2 weeks ago, did very well but probably not ready to come in to an under performing team and the pressure that would bring for an 18 year old just starting out.

Jamie Duff - Out with a serious injury and had no time at the start of the season to get into the team. I do think he would have seen a lot of match action this year too.

Vigurs and Wood I feel were bad decisions to allow to leave as I think both would have flourished at this level. Whether it was more an attitude issue, as has been rumoured with Vigurs, an ability decision or simply they were cheaper to release at the end of their contracts than others who still had time to run, who knows? Mihajduks would also have been a bonus had he been able to stay but that deal seemed as complicated as a Niculae sell-on clause and that possibly had more to do with it. Morais and Kerr were disappointing to lose too, although both have moved onto better things, either on a football or financial level.

As for the other players who left the club, Hastings is the only one that I think I would have liked to have stayed but not hugely bothered that he left. Gathuessi and Byrne played something like 45 minutes between them and were no loss, neither has has managed to find a club while McGuire, possibly the slowest player I have ever seen, now plays with Formantine United.

In short, Butcher clearly has the strategy he wants to bring in his own team, play his way and he feels this will be what takes the club forward. I like his ideas on paper, defence should be stronger than it is given the personnel we have there, I like the idea of playing with 2 wide midfielders to stretch the opposition and create space for front men. I feel the centre midfield in our weakest area but I really liked the way we played v Queens before the 2nd goal, with Sanchez in 'the hole' providing the link to the attack, first time I have seen ICT do that this season and probably in response to the issue of midfield not supporting the strikers effectively enough. The drawback has been performances haven't happened but maybe that is to be expected from a young and inexperienced team? It's the only calibre/experience of player we can afford unfortunately!

It's clear we're going through one of these transitional phases, but personally I think that the guys who are there are potentially good enough. The team just need time to grow together, much as the previous teams have. It's just not going to be this year we return to the SPL...

• 1 month later...

It's Pinochet isn't it. Did he not used to round people up into football stadiums and they just disappeared? Maybe he's been there since the start of the season....

The muppets have gone too far this time. First Mike Smith, then Brewster, and now they go and bring in Pinochet.

It's time for a revolution.

I wonder if Butcher has a large patio at his new house? :D

That post was off-topic, as a moderator you should know better :D

I think you were whooooshed there DJ