FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

big man

Guest Arabest

Unless we receive an exceptionally good offer Dods should be compelled to see out his contract.

United have not bid for Dods - or should I say do not have a bid in for Dods at the moment.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck me... see what happens when you go off on a fortnight's holiday!

Brewster's tactical use of the media is REALLY starting to annoy me. Is there no avenue that the club can take via the authorities to stop the man from tapping up our players via the press? His manner is arrogant in the extreme and something needs to be done to put an official sock in that big mouth of his.

Grrrr....

Guest Arabest

To be honest, thats pretty rich coming from a fan of a club who has the biggest spin doctor in this whole affair.

David Proctor is in Dundee again today in the hope that ICT will eventually accept the £40k bid they asked for as reported by local radio.

Trouble is Arabest, Dee Utd have not offered what ICT want for either of the three players, the closest i believe is for Proctor, now that Dods is wanting away the question is will Utd increase their offer or just wait.

I think a deal will be done - soon, all this press talk is just that.

Maybe CC shouldn't have blasted Dods after the St. Mirren game. I'm sure that really helped  :006:

No matter how big a player thinks he is, if he can't take criticism after a poor performance or a mistake then they have no place professional football nevermind at ICT!!

Guest Arabest

Trouble is Arabest, Dee Utd have not offered what ICT want for either of the three players, the closest i believe is for Proctor, now that Dods is wanting away the question is will Utd increase their offer or just wait.

I think a deal will be done - soon, all this press talk is just that.

United have matched ICT valuations for Black and Proctor, but are met with silence!

United have matched ICT valuations for Black and Proctor, but are met with silence!

You know this how? AFAIK none of the valuations have been met although the Proctor bid is getting closer.

This really is dragging on.

Why do we want to keep a player who has requested a transfer?  :024:

Why would we play a player who has requestd a transfer when we have a capable alternative on the bench?  :024:

Why would a player who has requested a transfer retain the captaincy?  :024:

Come on let's cash him in now whilst he is worth something. If we can get £35k for a reserve, Dods must be worth £50k - £75k.  :021:

Read all the truth in the Rumour Mill thread.  :001:

And what about this:

« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2006,

I am reliably informed that Dods is the most irate about the whole thing whilst Dargo and Black are being more professional about it.

I would NOT be surprised if Dods is not in the starting X1 on Saturday. 

AND:

« Reply #242 on: July 31, 2006

Brewsters "blueprint fer the future" proposal to the Grocer was built around Dods, Black and Proctor at the end of last season. The Grocer agreed to back him then but evidently did not count on the doggedness of ICT. ET is a "wounded" psychopath and I am reliably informed that an official Arab approach is to be made within the next 24 hours. This will include requests to formally speak to the three players unfortunately.

As for the semi informed Arab - A couple of stoopid bids fer Dods were attempted. They are still on the table.

WOW .. AND  :010: :010:

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006

"More excellent psychological warfare from Brewster. He states in the press that he is interested in taking on Lee Wilkie. This will wind up Dods even more and increase his desire to be an Arab. This will increase his resolve to leave Sneck as well and his agent is bound to exert more pressure on ICT..and Brewster will think that it could lead to a decreased fee. The agents statement is clearly aimed at winding up the supporters as well and increasing the pressure on the ICT management." 

:001: But is the second sight a blessing or a curse. ??  :010:

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Darren Dods ( btw is it one r or two arrs in his first name?), has turned in some great games for us and basically he is a good working pro who should be allowed to move on and ply his trade elsewhere if he so wishes, we have the cover for him in Grant and Stuart so he would be no big miss. Young Black should also move on now that have sufficient midfielders to cover and as I have always said that his temperament is a liability, Proctor is a different story and we will rue the day we let this talented boy go.

DU offer £30k. ICT valuation £40k. Where's the match?

Why would a player who has requested a transfer retain the captaincy?

Dods has retained nothing. Golabek is the club captain, Dods was a stand in.

Yep dods was pretty good, he didnt let off the field stuff stop him playing wll

would have been nice to see him score near the end, just ti **** off the young tit behind me who slagged him off early in the game - ******......... he might stay yet

Must admit I didn't want him to start because of the recent events but aside from the first 10 minutes he was solid and much improved on the previous two games.

Also check out the 'title' picture on the caleyjags.com website - it's brilliant! Dods looking menacing!  :001: