FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Airdrie Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

@ Jay7, Lionel is a better player than Gollie.

We won't win this league through defending. We have the best strikeforce in the league and they need proper service.

The amount of times I have seen Gollie take the ball on the left, pass it to a player directly in front of him and give him no option but to pass it straight back.

By all means Gollie, prove me wrong, but Lionel is a better option.

:dancing03:

Let's hope it's not up to you to scout ICT's players!

Trust me Lionel will come good again. I don't think Butcher has exactly helped his confidence by dropping him from the squad after 1 bad game (aside from a couple of cameo appearances).

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Of Butcher, well he seems to like to talk about changes but seldomly does so. Remember his three pronged attack he was going to go with a month or so ago and then on matchday went with one up front? . Things need changing Terry and had that been a better team ICT had come against today, it could well have ended in defeat".

As you say Mr Renegade "Aye right, the same thing again" .......... Oh! and 3 points - I presume you would have changed this ?

:dancing03: Were you at the same match as us today ? This is the formation that delivered the two recent big wins.

We are 4th, in reach of top/Dundee.....and in a Final next week.

Maybe if you actually take in to context what I said and they way I said it. I was saying that Butcher has now said two or three times he's going to do this, that and the other, and then never does it. Understand it now? ANd on the otherpoit, I was at the game I was at, whether that's the same one you thought you were at is another thing altogether, but two "big wins", oh yes that's right, the wins against the football juggernauts that are Airdrie United and Greenock Morton. Two teams that no doubt scare the living daylights out of the likes of Real Madrid and Inter Milan!

celtic couldnt beat a team bottom of the league, Caley can, so what do you want a 20-0 scoreline,as long as the points are secured thats whats wanted

You really don't have scooby, do you? We have absolutely f**k all to celebrate. We beat a bunch of no-hope 2 division players 2-0 today. Next week we will be horsed by Dundee. The sooner the majority of ICT fans realise we have zero chance of competing with the better teams in this division, the better.

Personally I think Bulvitis and Djebi-Zadi are the poorest footballers ever to pull on an ICT shirt.

Have you just come off the Ferry? :dancing03:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean?

Trust me Lionel will come good again. I don't think Butcher has exactly helped his confidence by dropping him from the squad after 1 bad game (aside from a couple of cameo appearances).

Oh no he won't. Lionel is a liability. In fact I'll go as far as to say that it was simply the number of goals that Lionel single-handedly shipped from his lack of defensive ability that got us relegated. Before you argue this point, I suggest you look back through the BBC archives at our games since last January and tally up all the goals that are scored from crosses from where Lionel should have been defending.

Personally I think Bulvitis and Djebi-Zadi are the poorest footballers ever to pull on an ICT shirt.

Have you just come off the Ferry? :dancing03:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean?

I mean are you serious or have you only just started following ICT?

Would you rather Grassa Bennett got his boots back on? Would Daisy Ross have competed at this level? I could go on all night.

Oh no he won't. Lionel is a liability. In fact I'll go as far as to say that it was simply the number of goals that Lionel single-handedly shipped from his lack of defensive ability that got us relegated. Before you argue this point, I suggest you look back through the BBC archives at our games since last January and tally up all the goals that are scored from crosses from where Lionel should have been defending.

Am I not right in saying though, that both the first half of last season and the season before, many people were upset due to the poor defending, Richard Hastings was puting in in that area?

Edited by Renegade

What do some of you want from Caley ? nice fancy football and losing every week or playing half decent football and picking up points??

Were you at today's game? I was - and last week's too - and lots of others where I've watched dreadful, careless football full of basic errors. It's no fun sitting in the freezing cold seeing an ICT team play a disorganised long-ball-up-the-park game.

Someone mentioned lack of atmosphere. Very difficult to get excited about poor quality football where your team constantly gives away possession under no pressure and are (much of the time) too frightened to do the risky thing - like take a shot at goal.

We have seen ICT abandon their clever passing game for a predictable long-ball game. We have talented players in our team. Its just that that talent is not being used to its potential. We were playing the relegation contenders at home. A team from higher up the Division would have torn us to shreds today. But let's be grateful for 3 points - and well done to those players who did play well today.

We are desperately missing the midfield passing skills of Ian Black - and our defence has been fragile ever since the Darren Dodds left. Priority in the January window must be to get a dominant central defender and an achor man in midfield who can hold the ball and distribute it well. In the meantime, maybe our current squad could practice their passing skills at training and learn how not to give the ball away cheaply.

We won - but this was definitely the worst football match I have ever seen. We were woeful.

Golabek, you should be totally ashamed and embarassed. To put it very mildly, that was *****!

Butcher, why do you play a man with no right foot on the right wing? Imrie can be useful but the way you play him just makes him look like a ****.

Bulvitis - get someone to translate this for you. You are a liability. Go home.

Munro - if you don't want to be Captain tell the club. If you do, then start communicating.

Foran - please, a little less of the headless chicken act and a touch more intelligence.

I am now just counting time until Butcher goes. The man clearly does not have a clue.

I mean are you serious or have you only just started following ICT?

Would you rather Grassa Bennett got his boots back on? Would Daisy Ross have competed at this level? I could go on all night.

No I'm quite serious. Djebi-Zadi and Bulvitis are not footballers, though they have been masquerading as such recently.

Obviously there have been some horrendous players played for us in the past; Darran Thomson, Alan Morgan, Marco De Barros - my point is Djebi-Zadi and Bulvitis really take the biscuit.

Am I not right in saying though, that both the first half of last season and the season before, many people were upset due to the poor defending, Richard Hastings was puting in in that area?

Yes that's correct. However, Djebi-Zadi never was and never will be the answer to our defensive problems. In fact, he isn't the answer to any of our problems.

Edited by Jay_7

All points taken A96 , no iwasnt at the game today due to work commitments ihave probally been to more away games than home games, my wife and son go to more games than i do.

This is first division football and they will have to fight like feck to get out of it,Caley are they team everyone wants to beat because they just came down.

The home games i have been at their never is an atmosphere and we go to the bridge end, we try to get in the middle of it where some atmosphere is.Went to the main stand once and when you shout or stand up the sweetie rustlers are not happy.

As for sitting in the cold do as we do wrap up well, a home game for us to go to is an 80 mile round trip not far as some folk will say , a lot of folk know Caley is not my home team BUT it is my wifes and sons and i take them when i can as i said i have been to more away games than home.

CUP final next week it will be played diffrent and should be more attractive football because it is not the do or die situation of the league and they are not fighting for points.So i think Caley will be more relaxed, we have tickets but i dont know if i will be there,the Mrs and boy will be tho

What do some of you want from Caley ? nice fancy football and losing every week or playing half decent football and picking up points??

I know what i want, the bleeding points, so stop whinging and get behind the team.

Maybe one of the mods can put up a poll asking these questions.

Lets get ready for next week , the first cup final of the season in the UK

:party01: :dancing03:

:rolleyes:

We won 2-0 against the team that is at foot of the table. "Let's not get carried away here" should be the lesson learnt last week. My mistake, eh?

Jay 7 what is it with you? If you have such a downer on the players, management, plying style etc. etc. why not go and support someone you do like. A 2-0 win that could have been loads more, and not a single positive comment. Jings.

Jay 7 what is it with you? If you have such a downer on the players, management, plying style etc. etc. why not go and support someone you do like. A 2-0 win that could have been loads more, and not a single positive comment. Jings.

Tell me you didn't just say "jings". :dancing03:

Oh Crivens, help ma Boab. :rolleyes:

The home games i have been at their never is an atmosphere and we go to the bridge end, we try to get in the middle of it where some atmosphere is.Went to the main stand once and when you shout or stand up the sweetie rustlers are not happy.

Fair comments re atmosphere, Cairngorm. Any time our supporters have sung and danced the yellow-clad gestapo are in there to break it up and chuck the ringleaders out (usually Johndo/IHE). Having the worst stadium in Western Europe doesn't help with atmosphere either. The Main Stand is so exposed that they rustle sweetie papers there to keep warm. :dancing03:

There was a buzz briefly today when things got a bit more exciting. Getting the three points was important but good play is the key to getting the fans going again. Wins and goals have been in pretty short supply at home games during 2009.

I know what i want, the bleeding points, so stop whinging and get behind the team.

Maybe one of the mods can put up a poll asking these questions.

Lets get ready for next week , the first cup final of the season in the UK

:party01: :dancing03:

:rolleyes:

We won 2-0 against the team that is at foot of the table. "Let's not get carried away here" should be the lesson learnt last week. My mistake, eh?

My thought exactly, all we get from Jay are negatives!! he suggests I might live in Latvia, read my profile. Slagging off Bulvitis does nothing, so he has the odd bad game ,, doesn't everyone

Give the Lad a chance

OK, I have now read and digested everything on this thread now. I agree with davie. What is it that some people want. Is this how people get their kicks? Coming on a football forum after every match and constantly slag the team, management, directors, fellow fans, the list is endless.

I agree it was not the most entertaining game I have ever witnessed. Hello, welcome to the Scottish first division. I don't really care how we get our three points. Winning ugly is much better than drawing handsomely or God forbid, losing stunningly. If you win every game 1-0 you are Champions..........good enough for this easily pleased supporter. Yep, supporter, a word worth remembering.

Now to the game itself, not pretty, but never usually is against a team stubbornly defending. We were always going to win, it was just a matter of time. Sanchez was looking dangerous at times, he was one of the few able to hold onto the ball, and I thought he looked the likliest to open the scoring. That we took so long to score was partly of our own doing. It appeared from the North Stand that we always took one touch too many. The Airdrie keeper made some decent saves. Esson on the other hand had a comfortable afternoon. He did have some work to do, but it was all routine stuff for him. Enigma man was up to his usual tricks.......or maybe lack of tricks. He started well enough and fired a shot on target early on but up to the goal he seemed to choose the wrong option, and has been mentioned before he did not seem aware of where his same coloured team mates were. He lost the ball a number of times by dilly dallying when he should have threaded someone through. Sort it out Dougie, we need a player like you when your head is screwed on the right way. Little Jonny joined the game after the break and injected much needed pace on the flanks. He also required a minimum of two body guards wherever he went. Our back four had one or two iffy moments as Airdrie at times looked quite intricate around the box without being able to penetrate. I suppose then that our back four did their job then as asked. I thought two of our best performers were the unsung heroes of Russelldinho and Bambi. Mopping up every loose ball and feeding the forwards. Tokely was obviously in some pain when he hurt his personal trainer. It looked as though he had possibly dislocated his fingers or wrist. Not sure I would like anyone poking around with my sore hand either. I am sure they would have kissed and made up. And for all those still keen to slag off Rossco, here he was in the ninetieth minute doing a lung bursting drive up the right flank and still flying into tackles, well done big boy. Eric could not have had more timely introduction. Possibly his first touch brought the ball down and his second touch despatched the ball behind the keeper via the post from twenty yards. Fabulous goal and just when we needed it as the game was beginning to get edgey with the slender but welcome lead. Foran will have better days. He did work very hard, but nothing really came off for him, culminating in an Iwelomu/Barrowmanesque like miss. He lay on the ground virtually on the goal line for almost as long as Rossco was, hoping the ground would open up and swallow him. Unfortunately it never and he continued before being subbed near the end. Dundee found out the previous week that the Diamonds were stubborn and only won 2-1. At least we kept a clean sheet and more importantly took the three points.

Being easily pleased, I was easily pleased, and even moreso on reaching the Innes and seeing the rest of the scores coming in. It was a perfect day for ICT with every result going our way. Who would have predicted Morton, yes the same team we beat 4-1 going on 8-1, stuffing Raith Rovers 5-0 or County drawing 1-1 with ten man Ayr, another of our scoring spree teams. With the mighty Harry Wraggs losing 3-1 to the Pars and Dee and Queens failing to trouble the scorers it was an all round super day. We climbed two places in the league and increased our goal difference, we got out of the car park quicker and our National team were once again an embarrassment, whats new.

Still, lets all just fall out with the rest of the posters and complain about the score, after all it was only Airdrie.

Strewth.

I'll be writing the match report later on but in summary a deserved win against an Airdrie side who looked pretty tidy in places. Good counter attacking goal from Juanjo to open the scoring and Odihambos strike was awesome. Forans miss was hysterical, the attendance shocking, atmosphere and negativity in the stands an absolute disgrace and that wee kid with the horn was an nutjob :dancing03:

Typical ICT performance from the last couple of weeks really.

Calling it like I see it. I'll take your "go support someone else" comment as being said while being wound up and pissed off after yet another s***e day at the footie. If you don't like what I have to say, either put me on ignore or take off your rose tinted spectacles when you read what I have to say.

My thought exactly, all we get from Jay are negatives!! he suggests I might live in Latvia, read my profile. Slagging off Bulvitis does nothing, so he has the odd bad game ,, doesn't everyone

Give the Lad a chance

I've no intentions of reading your profile. Just making a guess from your username. I don't "slag off" Bulvitis at all - that would involve taking this **** out of him. I merely give my opinion on his ability as a footballer. After all - you asked how he got on, did you not? Why do you believe he deserves more of a chance? Has he not had enough of a chance all ready?

Like I've said to Davie, if you don't like what I have to say, don't read it. You'd do well to take that advice on board on a public forum.

Renegade again; ".....but two "big wins", oh yes that's right, the wins against the football juggernauts that are Airdrie United and Greenock Morton. Two teams that no doubt scare the living daylights out of the likes of Real Madrid and Inter Milan!" :rolleyes:

themann4thejob; ".....Who would have predicted Morton, yes the same team we beat 4-1 going on 8-1, stuffing Raith Rovers 5-0 or County drawing 1-1 with ten man Ayr, another of our scoring spree teams............ Hello, welcome to the Scottish first division"