FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merged: Terry Butcher - TV Caption

Johnboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butcher will have little, if any, say in what caption is used next to his name and the production crew will use whatever they deem to be the most prestigious titles.

You've been on TV representing ICT supporters...

Didn't you have any say regarding the caption that went with your name?

As an ex-Journo, I can confirm it is their job to confirm the name and and the title they want to be referred. However it would be highly unusual for talent to refer to themselves as an Ex Manager.

Next chance I get I shall raise this heinous crime with the relevant people and ask that it is never repeated.

Hopefully you can all sleep a little better tonight now.

Give them time to find something else to feel hard done by.

Worse than liverpool supporters.

Edited by KingBeastie

I cannot actually believe what i have just been reading on this thread. I am utterly dumbfounded that more than one person has taken time out of their day to pass comment on such a trivial, inane, non event of an incident. Why does this seem to bother some people so much? The fact of the matter is he was only there because he is an ex international footballer which fits in nicely and is relevant to the occasion of Champions League Football, not the fact that he is the manager of a team in the Scottish First Division.

What a load of fuss over nothing. Its not as if the people watching the football programme he is on, ie football fans, in Scotland, dont know who TB is and where he is manager! :tonguecheek:

Eh'd say folk are quite right to be irritated by this,the man currently picks up his wages from ICT and as such should take any oppertunity to promote the club.I could understand former England captain, but former Rangers with no mention of current position smacks off being a tad embarresed of his current profile.Talking of the profile of the game up here,was oot for a meal in a local establishment last night and the barman was telling me after the Blackburn game on Sunday they switched channels to Alba for the cup final and an English guest complained asking why they had switched over to the French football :lol:

Eh'd say folk are quite right to be irritated by this,the man currently picks up his wages from ICT and as such should take any oppertunity to promote the club.I could understand former England captain, but former Rangers with no mention of current position smacks off being a tad embarresed of his current profile.Talking of the profile of the game up here,was oot for a meal in a local establishment last night and the barman was telling me after the Blackburn game on Sunday they switched channels to Alba for the cup final and an English guest complained asking why they had switched over to the French football :lol:

Fair comment, H/Dee...

Sunday's game was an absolute classic - a terrific advert for Scottish Div 1 Football. TB never even mentioned the game on STV, never even mentioned ICT, instead prattled on about how Rangers and the SPL are practically bankrupt.

I'm wondering what this shareholder and supporter made of it all?

See here.

Terry Butcher sounds unemployed if you watch STV. ex this, ex that. I know it is only a small matter but he IS currently Manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle and that should merit a mention somewhere. It annoyed me at the time and we are all entitled to our opinion.

ex - ranger was said because he was commenting on rangers, Scotland was used because it was a Scottish team in Europe, does that answer your questions

No becuase he was a pundit on Man Utd v Besitkas, not a Rangers game! And also STV never showed any Rangers games so he was never a pundit on a Rangers game.

I think it's quite unprofessional that he obviously didin't make the effort to go down as the ICT manager. I do think though that the reason is that in some people's eyes it could well give them a higher opinion of him, and that's what he wants. At one point his caption said, "Rangers 1986 - 1990". That was 20 years ago for heaven's sake! I also get the feeling he's a bit embarrassed about being such a big football name, and the biggest management job he can get is one in a mediocre football country, at a club who aren't in the top league, at a team in the middle of nowhere. All this gives me the impression that he quite simply doesn't want to be here.

Edited by Renegade

CaleyD - posts 4 & 12 !!!

However, to answer your question. perhaps none of the mods have a strong personal opinion about this thread so none have added anything as a normal poster. There certainly hasnt been anything in it requiring their attention as moderators ..... something we would like to see in many other threads !!!

CaleyD - posts 4 & 12 !!!

However, to answer your question. perhaps none of the mods have a strong personal opinion about this thread so none have added anything as a normal poster. There certainly hasnt been anything in it requiring their attention as moderators ..... something we would like to see in many other threads !!!

I know CD does do a lot of moderating, but he is strictly speaking admin, so doesn't really count for this question!

So.... If there isn't a gagging order in place I would be interested to hear what Alex MacLeod, Rig, Yngwie, Mantis. Kingsmills, TM4TJ, L_G, Maimie, etc, etc, might have to say on TB's appearance on STV last Wednesday....

Could he, or should he have done more to raise the profile of the club?

Scotty... Feel free to express an opinion on this yourself!