FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

There's little point in getting too outraged about this. It was a fairly even, fairly poor game between two first division sides. We never really got started despite taking an early lead: I think Partick sat in a little more than Dundee last week, which meant Hayes' pace was less effective. Sanchez was closely marked and seemed to get bullied off the ball a little too easily. Neither team was fully in control at any point in either half, but we seemed to get cut open a little too easily for the goals, although the mist was a bit too thick to see exactly what happened.

In terms of individuals, I felt neither full back played well today: Rosscoe in particular was guilty of a lot of poor distribution and both looked laboured trying to track back. Both central midfielders worked hard, Duncan especially, but there was a serious lack of vision in their passing. Foran tired his best but as with Hayes, seemed to struggle to cope with the Partick defence sitting in. Rooney looked isolated for most of the game despite working hard and Eric, when he came on, hinted at a lot of promise when running on to a ball but had a poor first touch.

Overall, a draw would have been fair, a defeat was harsh, but as a reminder that promotion is a rare thing for any team relegated to the first division, the game was a good barometer.

Best moment of the game? Top Six Next Year forgetting the fundamentals and beginning a chant that went "Give me a C... Give me an A... Give me an E...". Cue the whole away end collapsing in hysterics. What does that spell?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best moment of the game? Top Six Next Year forgetting the fundamentals and beginning a chant that went "Give me a C... Give me an A... Give me an E...". Cue the whole away end collapsing in hysterics. What does that spell?

That was class!

Just back from the game. Thought the team put in a great first half but once again after another one of TB great team talks we start to fall apart and let partick score.

Fans 110% non-stop singing for the full 90 mins today

MoTM: Ryan Esson - made some cracking saves in the first half

Same as above, decent first half, thought we let partick take control of the match a little too easily.

Sanchez should have scored to put us two up, missing from about six yards (when we could see the other end of the pitch). Duncan could also have put another one away at the back post, and Hayes hit the bar.

In the 2nd half we were poor again. It only seemed to take one chance for Partick and the heads were down. Then we found ourselves 2-1 down, poor defending (why was no-one tracking the man from the throw in?), and suddenly a bit of urgency. Not even close in the 2nd half though.

Good away support, probably a few hundred, but some good singing, apart from the eejit who couldn't spell.

Good away support, probably a few hundred, but some good singing, apart from the eejit who couldn't spell.

Give me a C

Give me a A

Give me a E

:huh: :lol::lol:

Can someone open the player of the year thread please? :)

Done.

Ta.

Getting ripped by Wyness101?! That's not on! As I said, I blame lack of pies!

Was most of our away support Lothians based today?

Good day, in fact great day out. Shitter about the result.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Just home after another long, and again disappointing 'away' day, where we proved once again that we just can't hang on to a lead. I thought we were worth a draw today, though. Couldn't see Partick's goals because of the fog so don't know who, if anyone, was culpable. We played some tidy football at times, and finished the game strongly, but in truth, for all our pressure, didn't really create more than half chances. Mid table finish for us this season I fear.

Thanks for all the match reports guys, as we are now in the First divvy it is difficult to get any info about our team. We do rely heavily on our away day boys to give us a reflection of the days play and personally I am encouraged by what I have read, despite the defeat. We can't win them all, but it would be nice to win some.

Onwards and upwards, we must look to getting ourselves back on an even keel.

Another bad day at the office...It was like deja vu all over again. My first shout at KO "It's 90 minutes this week lads" obviously not loud enough!

Unlike last Sunday I thought the 2 sides were more evenly matched. At least we huffed and puffed and gave the appearance of trying although, as has been said, Partick played much deeper than Dundee and space for runners was at a premium.

Esson had at least 2 (or 3) class saves in the first half and the fact we spent time singing his praises demonstrates it wasn't just our forwards getting the chances. Our goal, from a Hayes free kick which found the danger area, was a fair reflection of the play up to that point.

120 ICT fans singing well and not a peep from the 2000 Partick supporters in the first 45 minutes.

Second half we looked disorganised, lacking confidence and all too willing to hoof the ball back to a grateful PT defence.

"Keep it tight for 10 minutes" I was thinking, the rest is history. The PT fans suddenly woke up and, perhaps thakfully, we couldn't see half of what was going on in the b0llock freezing conditions.

First part of the season we didn't know how to play in the first half, now we've got that cracked it seems the players think the job's done at HT. These players are full-time professionals aren't they?

GET IT SORTED TERRY.

post-325-1259480037_thumb.jpg

Hey! It's oor party and we'll greet if we want to :( :(

I take it that's you relejags, lost your password and had to sign up again.....

On second thoughts, cannae be relejags - no boring enuff.

Edited by The Mantis

We probably should have taken a point from that game, I think. We started well and it was a great ball from hayes for the goal, I'm not sure if Tokely did get a touch on it. After this we had another couple of opportunities (Sanchez putting the ball wide when he should have done better) but let Partick come back into the game. We seemed to lose any outball up front and every time our defenders had the ball all we could do was give the ball away again. According to my mates (I was going for a slash at the time) Esson made a wonder-save from a header and then a Partick striker sent a free header straight at the keeper from inside the six yard box - they really should have scored.

Second half continued in the same vein but with the fog coming in I couldn't really see what was going on at the other end. The first goal was a header, I think but the second goal is a mystery to me. We did step up our performance a bit, Tuffey had to push a Hayes drive behind for a corner and Bulvitis sent a header just past. In the closing minutes Foran started to assert himself and sent a low cross for Cox which the home defender somehow managed to prevent going in - a remarkable clearence.

All in all, I thought we could have taken a point from the game but I can't complain too vociferiously about losing. We really do look brittle at the back and, if we aren't on a game, we don't have a great deal of penetration up front. The period of pressure we had at the end of the game didn't see us creating any great chances - we seem to just chip the ball into the box andhope for the best or, these days, give the ball to Hayes and hope he can beat his man and hit a good cross. Foran had a realtively quiet game but started putting himself about towards the end - we need this from him for the full 90 minutes if we are going to challange.

Pretty low away crowd from us, which is probably due to the game last week and the 'season'. Without trying to turn this into a car-crash point scoring eye roller like the other thread, I thought the home crowd was quite low - there seemed to be massive gaps int he home fans. Fair play to the young lad at the front for taking his top off when Partick scored their second though :025:

Im going to get a "I went to Partick and all I got was a lousy cold" t-shirt. I think as others have suggested that we look an unfit team. Everyone seemed to look very jaded yesterday. However all of us outsung the poor home crowd. Best laugh of the afternoon award goes to top six next year. Very disappointing afternoon in very poor conditions as we were unable to see the far goal for a lot of the 2nd half. A draw would have been a fairer result.

I was sitting just in front of you then Top Six, could not believe the chant, outstanding mate :P

Wee funny story...went to Livingstone shopping first (a deal with the girl), then went to the game, rushed home, played a gig in Kirkcaldy with my band, then shot to through to Dunfermline for a night out.

After being at the nightclub me and a mate had the munchies so went to the chippy. I could hear 2 glaswegian women talking, so making drunken small talk i said 'oh i was through at Glasgow today', and one replied 'we are just through here for my mates 30th, why were you at glasgow?'. I said i was an Inverness supporter and was through watching the game at Partick Thistle, to which she shouts OH MY GOD!! and shouts to a guy called Ian at the counter....its only Ian Maxwell!! Haha! Had a good bit banter with him, although i could hardly wind him up eh! His wife said then she loves Inverness, i said good football team but its a cracking place. She said yeah she loved it up there when she stayed for 3 years. I asked what took her up there, and she said it was because Ian was at County...i didnt know this and just shouted 'Aw jesus, it just gets f'n worse!!!' :lol:

How much of a small world really is this world!!!

So, not the best of games, but what a cracking atmosphere for such a small crowd of us!! Will still be there to support the boys, wont get me down!! But something still really needs to click - and put our chances away!!