Alarm Bells Yes Or No?

jagster

Dods has now said he is going to see out his contract, but I suppose you never know for sure until the window closes.

The bigger alarm bell for me is the failure of Black to sign the contract extension that was meant to get announced last week, and the week before etc. I suspect he is waiting to see if anything develops this week.

The bigger alarm bell for me is the failure of Black to sign the contract extension that was meant to get announced last week, and the week before etc. I suspect he is waiting to see if anything develops this week.

It's been months now really.

I'm also worried about Tokely at right back. I don't think he is fit.

' Caley 100 I don't understand why you don't think that Caff is capable of playing at right back'

Harry, i dont mean Caff cant play at RB, just that i dont think he IS a right back, Caff does a job when he plays there, but you will never see him overlapping Barry up the wing.

I know what C100 means though. Against St Mirren Caff could defend but we didn't really need that for the first hour as St Mirren were pretty gash. We needed him to get forward or at least play a forward pass. St Mirren pressed and Caff just kept lumping these diagonal balls from his own half. Rossco would have asked them a lot more questions.

I'm just getting frustrated remembering that game, if we played at all we would have gubbed them. When Dargo scored the first it should have ended 3-0.

I am slightly worried about our squad.  We have sold Tom Parratt and David Proctor, leaving us with only one 'proper' right-back in Rosscoe, who has just recovered from a serious injury and seems to have lost a bit of form.  Up front we have four strikers, of whom two are injured and one is a seriously raw kid.  We have options in the middle but it's no use having plenty of midfielders if you can't defend or score gaols.  It's heartening to see us pull out the stops of keep Dodsy for this season but he isn't showing the form he did last time out.

On the plus side, Rankin looked good on Saturday I thought and Blackie did well in the middle.  Bayne had a good game and is hopefully getting back to some of the form he showed in our first SPL season, after last terms injury interrupted frustration.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Is it me or have the clubs we have played this season targeted our right side of defence. Before the split last season i noticed that teams were playing more on our right side - in an attempt to exploit a percieved weakness.

Guest PaulieBee

I think we need to play everyone once and then see where we are.

I'm sure when the fixture list came out, the team and management would have been looking to the next four games as a period where we should be putting points on the board.

If we keep creating chances like we did on Saturday, then the goals will come and so will the points.

No alarm bells ringing in my ears, just a UPS duff battery alarm on the server at work that's giving me a headache  :015:

CC's comments after the match were honest and right - we played well overall, posed Hearts problems, were unlucky to be a goal down twice and just lost concentration/shape for the two late goals. Hearts are still a good side, if not as good as this time last year.

A definite YES

Our management is too negative. They describe ICT as small provisional club with limited resources. Hang on we are a SPL club playing at the top level in Scottish football. We are a young club with ambition to better ourselves. Let’s be positive, that what got us from the Highland League to SPL. I know it is spin but how can you win games if you have a negative attitude.

The balance of our squad is limiting our development.

Only one right back with no natural cover but on the other side of the park we have 3 natural left backs. Too many central midfield players with only one natural wide midfield player. And it would appear that there is no natural striking partnership up front either.

This season has all been talk of how is leaving rather than who coming which I personally think is the main problem. Footballers are no different from anyone else, negativity leads to doubt I one’s own abilities. At that stage it must come difficult to perform at your best.

To be realistic I think that to finish in the top 10 is more likely than top 6 finish. Therefore this season will be a disappointment but not a disaster.

• 3 weeks later...