FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Morton : matchday thread

Scotty

I like that birdy, well said.

A lot of folk on here categorically wrote off our chances. Well, we have now given ourselves a chance and we might just take it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a lot of short memories here today. if thats our worst performance of the season where were you at the beginning of the season. granted, it was ugly but against a team fighting for their lives at this stage of the season , thats to be expected and i'd take ugly 1 nil wins in our remaining games.

esson had one save to make and we showed composure to grind out the win.thought ross did ok with what little of the ball he had and was in the right place for the goal.

throw ins :huh: we didnt score from any but they were ok although it grates on me that we've got probably the longest thrower in the league and have completely stopped using it as an asset since spl days.

undoubtedly we must improve v tinks though , i hope butcher has learned the lessons from the last two league encounters and alters the midfield accordingly.

a lot of short memories here today. if thats our worst performance of the season where were you at the beginning of the season. granted, it was ugly but against a team fighting for their lives at this stage of the season , thats to be expected and i'd take ugly 1 nil wins in our remaining games.

esson had one save to make and we showed composure to grind out the win.thought ross did ok with what little of the ball he had and was in the right place for the goal.

throw ins :huh: we didnt score from any but they were ok although it grates on me that we've got probably the longest thrower in the league and have completely stopped using it as an asset since spl days.

undoubtedly we must improve v tinks though , i hope butcher has learned the lessons from the last two league encounters and alters the midfield accordingly.

In the days of the Munro throw we had a few big guys in the box that could head a ball. Dont have them now.

In the days of the Munro throw we had a few big guys in the box that could head a ball. Dont have them now.

Maybe so but we do have bulvitus, tokely, rooney and foran (when he is back from suspension).

What a woeful preformance. :huh:

The only plus to take from the game was probably the points. Which is a good thing.

It was horrendous conditions to play in but overall i thought we delt with that not to badly.

MOTM - Odhiambo. I dont think so. I would give my MOTM to Rooney or Duncan as they stood out from everyone today.

Any news on why Bulvitis is out as i dont think tokely is a great centre half.

Also, anybody think Djebi-Zadi should take Odhiambo position to russell up defenders!?

BRING ON THE C*UNTY!

Credit to Morton they worked hard and closed possession down very well. When we are denied time and space in midfield we often struggle. To come away with three points was a massive result ahead of D Day next Saturday, but we will have to be better and TB surely has to restore Bulvitis and Sanchez.

Golly looked solid all afternoon and it looks like we've (re)found a LB at last. Presumably someone was having a laugh nominating Eric O as MoM cos he was not at the races today. It's not that the lad doesn't have talent - he clearly does but he's got to start applying himself.

Also, anybody think Djebi-Zadi should take Odhiambo position to russell up defenders!?

Aye

No. We've tried that before and it was a disaster.

Today we had a problem with players hiding. Some were an exception, like Russell Duncan. He was prepared to get stuck in. Others were afraid to take risks. We have too many players who are afraid to take risks. They are shot-shy and would rather pass the ball back than take a player on. Cox was looking good but would bottle it when there was a chance for a shot. Rooney was also looking good but wasn't getting the service.

I am delighted we got 3 points but we desperately need players out there who are not afraid to have a shot (Rooney and Duncan apart).

Wasnt Nick Ross's debut today. Started games before at start of season, and came on as sub a good few times early on in season. If I remember right he had actually done pretty good, and earned good praise of big Tel. However today, Morton snuffed out the game, and we were left struggling without ideas. Seemed every time Eric and Nick got the ball the more physical Morton players used their muscle. Call recall a few times thinking have Morton got extra players on the park, as eric got the ball and had 3 defenders on him, ducked and dived, turned and weaved, and the ball spun off to Johnny, and their were 4 Morton boys snapping at him. Seemed to repeat its self time after time. But, glad we got the bad game out of the system, as if it was next week we wouldnt be so lucky. At least we were the team trying, although our aptitude wasnt great.

3 points better than an exciting 3-3.

You are all missing the obvious reason we were poor today. We lost the toss and had to shoot in to our home end in the first half. Can you remember the last time that happened . Bring on the The Gudgies.

Yeah what was that all about? Dunno if its being discussed, but i always feel we have more momentum when we're attacking towards our fans nearer the end of games.

Thought I would post in Butchers post match thoughts-

"It was horrible really. Horrible to watch and very frustrating for the players because Morton strung nine men across the park and left one up and made it very difficult for us to break them down or allow us through them.

"Every Inverness Caley Thistle fan and player in the ground was frustrated but it was a case of getting through the first 45 minutes against the wind and then with the wind in the second half getting more balls behind their back four.

"In the end it was a good breakaway goal, which typifies us really this season. For Inverness one of the most wonderful sights you could see was the number 9, a local boy, hitting the winner from about six yards.

"But he will still have to hoover and sweep up the dressing room and do the usual thing."

Thought I would post in Butchers post match thoughts-

"It was horrible really. Horrible to watch and very frustrating for the players because Morton strung nine men across the park and left one up and made it very difficult for us to break them down or allow us through them.

"Every Inverness Caley Thistle fan and player in the ground was frustrated but it was a case of getting through the first 45 minutes against the wind and then with the wind in the second half getting more balls behind their back four.

"In the end it was a good breakaway goal, which typifies us really this season. For Inverness one of the most wonderful sights you could see was the number 9, a local boy, hitting the winner from about six yards.

"But he will still have to hoover and sweep up the dressing room and do the usual thing."

I said they should of done that months ago!

You are all missing the obvious reason we were poor today. We lost the toss and had to shoot in to our home end in the first half. Can you remember the last time that happened . Bring on the The Gudgies.

Yeah what was that all about? Dunno if its being discussed, but i always feel we have more momentum when we're attacking towards our fans nearer the end of games.

Just didnt feel right did it. I yearned for the old highland league days when you could swap ends at half time.

Delighted for Nick Ross getting the goal. So he may have been snuffed out by an organised Morton side, but that goal was so important and got us the 3 points we needed for going into the C*unty game next week. Well in lad.

Wasnt Nick Ross's debut today. Started games before at start of season, and came on as sub a good few times early on in season. If I remember right he had actually done pretty good, and earned good praise of big Tel. However today, Morton snuffed out the game, and we were left struggling without ideas. Seemed every time Eric and Nick got the ball the more physical Morton players used their muscle. Call recall a few times thinking have Morton got extra players on the park, as eric got the ball and had 3 defenders on him, ducked and dived, turned and weaved, and the ball spun off to Johnny, and their were 4 Morton boys snapping at him. Seemed to repeat its self time after time. But, glad we got the bad game out of the system, as if it was next week we wouldnt be so lucky. At least we were the team trying, although our aptitude wasnt great.

3 points better than an exciting 3-3.

Yep. My mistake. He did start against PT 26/9/09, as did Shinnie, and came on as sub the week before that.

Yesterday was an incredibly traumatizing day for me. Seeing the winner scored by someone younger than me has signalled to me that I might not make it as a professional footballer. :(

Nick Ross Was A Wee Star Yesterday :021:

Hope That He Gets A Few More Games :021:

Poor Game But It Was A Win.

Bit Annoyed With The Diving Though!

It disnae rhyme.