I am confused

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was watching Sportscene results yesterday until the Ireland v Scotland Rugby match and also heard the guy Ewan McIlwraith saying that there was talk about Butcher being sacked earlier on in the season during our bad run, by the way he said it right after the match report from a certain Charles Bannerman when Doug asked him his views on the result and what it meant to both teams and Dundee and by the way i think Pat Nevin thinks we'll win the league :rolleyes: :021:

The only thing is, when or was there ever any talk of Butch being sacked or is that Ewan geezer talking *****?

There was certainly talk of Butcher being sacked - look no further than just about every post on this forum around 4 or 5 months ago if memory serves me correctly!

There'll be some words being eaten now though, no doubt.

There was certainly talk of Butcher being sacked - look no further than just about every post on this forum around 4 or 5 months ago if memory serves me correctly!

There most certainly was, but I don't understand why he would say 'there was talk of it' if it was just very few fans calling for his head. The way he said it suggests he thinks there was more official talk of it, which is just a load of pish.

Sorry I can't help you with this one even though I was on that programme. It looks as if whatever was said came after I had switched my equipment off so could no longer hear what was being said.

Mahonio - are you sure it was Euan MacIlwraith because he was doing the same as I was but at the Aberdeen - Dundee United game so I can see neither the reason nor the opportunity for him to have made such a statement?

It is, I suppose, possible that Ewan "Cyril" Murray may have been a studio guest and you are confusing your Euans. I don't know if that was the case since one or two technical problems meant that I actually heard very little of the programme even when I was hooked up.

However the best approach for ICT fans is possibly to look forward rather than back and the comment that was heard possibly originated from some of the things some posters on here, who may subsequently have been holidaying in Damascus, were saying some months ago now. Inverness are on a 12 match unbeaten run and pushing for the title under a manager who has just extended his contract at the Caledonian Stadium. Possibly the point being made related to ICT's recent fine form.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Sorry I can't help you with this one even though I was on that programme. It looks as if whatever was said came after I had switched my equipment off so could no longer hear what was being said.

Mahonio - are you sure it was Euan MacIlwraith because he was doing the same as I was but at the Aberdeen - Dundee United game so I can see neither the reason nor the opportunity for him to have made such a statement?

It is, I suppose, possible that Ewan "Cyril" Murray may have been a studio guest and you are confusing your Euans. I don't know if that was the case since one or two technical problems meant that I actually heard very little of the programme even when I was hooked up.

However the best approach for ICT fans is possibly to look forward rather than back and the comment that was heard possibly originated from some of the things some posters on here, who may subsequently have been holidaying in Damascus, were saying some months ago now. Inverness are on a 12 match unbeaten run and pushing for the title under a manager who has just extended his contract at the Caledonian Stadium. Possibly the point being made related to ICT's recent fine form.

Hear hear Charles